Windows 10: Login screen presents both local and MS account sign in

Discus and support Login screen presents both local and MS account sign in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I set up a new tablet with windows 10 and began with a Local account so I could choose my user name. Then I signed in with my MS account to sync... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by joelshort, Jun 1, 2016.

1. joelshort Win User

Login screen presents both local and MS account sign in

I set up a new tablet with windows 10 and began with a Local account so I could choose my user name. Then I signed in with my MS account to sync settings.

When I start the tablet the login screen asks for my pin. I want to be able to automatically login without entering a pin or password. To do that I use netplwiz and uncheck the option to require a password for login. So far so good.

But when the tablet restarts I am presented with a login screen that now shows two accounts, my MS account and what appears to be a local account but with the same name. If I then reverse the process and enable the "require a password" option in netplwiz there is only one account shown on the login screen but then I have to use a pin or password.

How do I remove that second local account on the login screen and then login automatically? There is only one account listed in the user account settings page.

:)

joelshort, Jun 1, 2016

2. Not able to log in with local accounts after upgrade to windows 10 Prof

After upgrade to windows 10 Prof other users of PC that have local accounts (from previous windows installation of W8.1 64bit Proffessional) are not able to log in. There is no password box on the log in screen. Admin account that is MS account works
    fine. The two local accounts are visible in user settings. After the upgrade the two local accounts were present on the login screen as well. I was possible to choose one and the big profile picture was shone but with no possibility to enter the password.
    After a while and reboot (probably some minor upgrade) the two local account are no longer present at the login screen at all. In user setting they are still present. Any hint?

Thank You

MLa

MojmírLakosil, Jun 1, 2016
  3. Computer has been slow after setting up OneDrive

If you untick the box for OneDrive to start with WIndows, then restart the PC, how does it perform for a day?

You said that you "inadvertently set up a password login" was this changing a Local User Account to a MS Account in order to use features like OneDrive?

If so you can also click the link at Settings>Accounts>My Info to Sign in with a Local Account to compare performance.

If you want to avoid signing in with a MS Account follow
    How to Skip the Windows 10 Login Screen

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jun 1, 2016
Thema:

Login screen presents both local and MS account sign in

1. Login screen presents both local and MS account sign in - Similar Threads - Login screen presents

2. Local Accounts not showing at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Accounts not showing at login screen: I have a laptop where a user signed in with her Microsoft account, I then created a local account and enabled the administrator account but these local accounts do NOT show up at the login screen. Anyone know why? They are NOT disabled in computer management. I've updated...
  3. Local Accounts not showing at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Accounts not showing at login screen: I have a laptop where a user signed in with her Microsoft account, I then created a local account and enabled the administrator account but these local accounts do NOT show up at the login screen. Anyone know why? They are NOT disabled in computer management. I've updated...
  4. Login account information in between Local, MS account and domain

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login account information in between Local, MS account and domain: Hi there,I have a windows 10 computer and the initial account is a local account.I signed in with my personal Microsoft accountshows in Settings->accounts and the computer account joined my company domain.Currently, my login is still the local profile and local password...
  5. No accounts to login into on sign in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No accounts to login into on sign in screen: When I boot, the login screen shows no usernames--only network, ease of access, and power. Looked for advice. Tried shift+restart... Nothing Tried interrupting boot cycle twice... Nothing Tried interrupting boot cycle 3 times... Nothing. What am I doing wrong...
  6. "Login with MS Account instead of .." Pin or Local login Failed what now?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Login with MS Account instead of .." Pin or Local login Failed what now?: I want to make use of the syncing across devices and to do that I need to log into Windows with my MS Account. I can log into MS account just fine but when it logs me in it asks for password one more time, and this fails to accept any known password to me and will not...
  7. Is It Possible to have both a MS Account and a Local Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is It Possible to have both a MS Account and a Local Account?: Hi, As someone else has stated, things seem to go horribly wrong when WIN 10 updates happen. The last update triggered (13-01-2016) the loss of access to the start menu, many apps, as well the apps store and MS Edge. The exact same thing happened with the first version...
  8. Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions: Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I...
  9. Local account changed to MS account, act as separate accounts at login

Local account changed to MS account, act as separate accounts at login: So I originally started with a local account but then signed into the store with a MS account. I changed the setting where users are required to enter a password through netplwiz (like this) and making a password not required after waking from sleep. But after doing this and...
  10. Effect of Signing into MS Account to get Apps if using local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Effect of Signing into MS Account to get Apps if using local account?: I run my W10 computer using a local account. I want to avoid using a MS account and don't have one set up one the computer at this time. My local account is the only account. That being said, I was interested in installing a couple of apps from the app store. However, it...