Windows 10: Login screen problem: password prompt doesn't show.

Discus and support Login screen problem: password prompt doesn't show. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, I've a problem with windows 10. When I turn on my pc and the login screen appears, the password prompt doesn't screen. I have to reboot the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Alcadeias, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Alcadeias Win User

Login screen problem: password prompt doesn't show.

Hi all,

I've a problem with windows 10. When I turn on my pc and the login screen appears, the password prompt doesn't screen. I have to reboot the system at least one time. I tried with startup repair (but no problem was found) and then I reinstalled the OS. At the beginning it worked but since the update the problem returned. How can I solve?

:)

Alcadeias, Nov 24, 2016
  2. RiemanC Win User

Windows 10 login problem

Since a recent windows update during the past week (Dec12 -19, 2016), I have the same problem as David_O77 Aug 26, 2016, with maybe one slight difference (the password prompt eventually appears after waiting 5 minutes).

My pc is an HP envy 17 notebook pc, running Windows 10 Home, version 1607, build 14393.576, with 16 GB ram, 64-bit OS.

All startup apps are disabled.

The problem is this:

When I turn my computer on I can see the HP logo with dots circling.

When lock screen shows up with background pic and time and date, I press enter key to go to login screen.

The login screen is set up with a different background color, and it opens with
    no password prompt. After about 30 secs it returns to the lock screen.

After waiting about 5 minutes, I can press the enter key, and the login screen opens
    with a password prompt. I have tried waiting less that 5 minutes at the lock screen to return to the login screen, but there is no password prompt until 5 minutes have passed.

After entering the password, the computer behaves normally, as it did a couple weeks ago.

Why does the password prompt take 5 minutes to show up? How do I fix the problem?

RiemanC, Nov 24, 2016
  3. Lock Screen Wallpaper Now Showing

Hi there recently I updated Windows 8.1 To windows10 on my lap it is awesome but recently I am facing the problem is when I start my Windows the lock screen will show fine I can login to my account after login my account everything is fine if I try to
    lock my lap its locks but doesn't show the lock screen wallpaper it only shows my login image and password prompt every 30 seconds blinks black colour screen after 10 minutes show the lock screen wallpaper when I update the Windows 10 working fine recently
    I am facing this problem please reply as soon as possible how can I resolve this issue thank you

ManjuRockzz.., Nov 24, 2016
Thema:

Login screen problem: password prompt doesn't show.

1. Login screen problem: password prompt doesn't show. - Similar Threads - Login screen problem

2. Login screen doesn't show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screen doesn't show: Hi.My laptop is stuck on Welcome Screen and when I try to input anything to enter into login screen, it flashes black and goes back to welcome screen. I have no idea of what it is. My system is probably corrupted, I can't even boot into Safe Mode or even reinstall Windows in...
  3. Login screen doesn't show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screen doesn't show: Hi.My laptop is stuck on Welcome Screen and when I try to input anything to enter into login screen, it flashes black and goes back to welcome screen. I have no idea of what it is. My system is probably corrupted, I can't even boot into Safe Mode or even reinstall Windows in...
  4. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  5. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  6. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Login prompt not showing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login prompt not showing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kbkEMzPdZUztUEVCzZ0IJUH0QeEWSuxY/view?usp=drivesdkThis is the video link of my problem it's 24 seconds long, please watch it and suggest me some solutions * Original title: Help me...
  8. no password prompt at login screen - windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    no password prompt at login screen - windows 10: no password prompt at login screen - windows 10 - I can't log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-password-prompt-at-login-screen-windows-10/82cad577-df95-4d93-9d93-a30e53209884
  9. Windows 10 No Password Prompt at Login Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 No Password Prompt at Login Screen: I'm having trouble with my computer. As of lately, when I boot up my PC, I will get to the normal screen where it will show the time and date. When I do anything to get to the password prompt, such as pressing space, it will show a blank screen with my background image but no...
  10. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.: After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore. It was working fine until now. [img] [img] I have tried following but no luck....