Windows 10: Login Screen showing wrong user account for display names (Domain)

Discus and support Login Screen showing wrong user account for display names (Domain) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, When I log onto a windows 10 computer, log out, remote onto the computer with a different account and then log out, the login screen wont update... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by atlasjames, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Login Screen showing wrong user account for display names (Domain)

Hi,

When I log onto a windows 10 computer, log out, remote onto the computer with a different account and then log out, the login screen wont update the display name but it will update the user name.

I noticed this started with 1703 and have the same issue with 1709.

Any idea on how to get the Display name to update or to completely hide the remote users details and just show the original users login details?

This is an example of the login screen after doing the above process. Also seems to happen to some users that share a computer.

Login Screen showing wrong user account for display names (Domain) [​IMG]

:)

atlasjames, Jan 11, 2018
  2. TpittsIT Win User

Lock Screen does not show username in AD Domain

I recently installed Windows 10 and joined it to an AD domain with no errors. The problem occurs after I lock the screen, when I attempt to unlock the screen by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL instead of showing the currently logged in user and prompting for the
    password it shows a blank login prompt for both username and password. I've confirmed that the local security policy setting "Interactive Logon: Display user information when the session is locked" is set to User display name, domain and user names. What do
    I need to change to make this work properly?

TpittsIT, Jan 11, 2018
  3. JCStaquet Win User
    unable to login with AzureAD account after creating a local account on Windows 10

I was able to login with my work (AzureAD) account with no problem but after I created a local account and logged in with it, the work account is not visible anymore on login screen. If I try to login with "<user>@<domain>" it says wrong password.

After login with the local account, I can go to Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school and it says that I'm still connected with to AzureAD with <user>@<domain>

JCStaquet, Jan 11, 2018
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Login Screen showing wrong user account for display names (Domain)

Eagle51, Jan 11, 2018
  5. Hi Eagle51,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Although your method would work if I was to do this for admin accounts so they wouldn't show. I would still need to do this for people who share computers and remote on.

I have added another image with the same issue. However this time no one has remoted on to the computer and these users have just logged in (without logging out). As you can see the display name and username are different for two out of the three.

atlasjames, Jan 15, 2018
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey atlasjames,
    K, not sure i"m following you, so are your wanting ...
    To force user's to logoff ? ... Not a good idea, because they will loose any unsaved work.
    To hide user's that have not logged off ? ... Sorry, I don't know how to do this.

Eagle51, Jan 15, 2018
  7. Hi,
    The problem I'm having is that user accounts are coming up with a different users display name.
    A user will try to login thinking they are logging into their account but it will be for a different account. (e.g. Jackie coming under linestaff)
    I want the login screen to show the correct Display name and User name for the users.

I have worked out the main cause of the problem,
    Seems that having GP setting 'Interactive login: Do no require CTRL+ALT+DEL' set to disabled would cause the above issue.
    Tested and it works as normal when its not enabled.
    Only problem now it if I have this disabled users will be able to login without having to press CTRL+ALT+DEL

atlasjames, Jan 15, 2018
  8. Login Screen showing wrong user account for display names (Domain)

Disregard last part about CTRL+ALT+DEL. Same issue came back after a few minutes.

atlasjames, Jan 15, 2018
  9. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Jan 15, 2018
  10. These are domain accounts so the above solution wont work.
    The problem I'm having is that the wrong username and display name is showing on the login screen.
    The below image shows two different accounts which are not related to each other in anyway.
    The display name shows peoplesafeusers but the username should be peoplesafeusers not jamess

atlasjames, Jan 15, 2018
  11. Eagle51 Win User
    Duh, I totally missed the (Domain) in the thread topic ... Sorry, about that, but I don't know anything about Domain Accounts *Sad

Eagle51, Jan 15, 2018
  12. No problem. Thanks for your help anyway.

atlasjames, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Login Screen showing wrong user account for display names (Domain)

1. Login Screen showing wrong user account for display names (Domain) - Similar Threads - Login Screen showing

2. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide domain name in login screen: Greetings Is there any way to hide domain name in windows 10 login screen for end users? Or even if we can replace it by another alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-domain-name-in-login-screen/d3ff24bd-5904-48b6-84c0-ba919f778322
  3. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide domain name in login screen: Greetings Is there any way to hide domain name in windows 10 login screen for end users? Or even if we can replace it by another alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-domain-name-in-login-screen/d3ff24bd-5904-48b6-84c0-ba919f778322
  4. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. domain user is shown as DOM\USER in login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    domain user is shown as DOM\USER in login screen: while i try to login to my pc I have my username automatically shown like <DOM\USER> it used to be only USERNAME idk what happened and I searched for this problem but i can't seem to find anything.......
  6. Login screen name includes a name that doesn't have a user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login screen name includes a name that doesn't have a user account: A deleted user account name has started displaying on the Login In screen and I need to find a way to delete it. Does anyone know how to do this? 164819
  7. Login screen name includes a name that doesn't have a user account

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen name includes a name that doesn't have a user account: A deleted user account name has started displaying on the Login In screen and I need to find a way to delete it. Does anyone know how to do this? 164819
  8. admin user account display name on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin user account display name on login: I cannot change the display name when I log into my computer. Other posts say to go to user accounts and click it twice, but I do not see a second user account option. I have tried all the options available....
  9. User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name: Hello, soooo i just noticed, the User Files Folder, that can be displayed on the Desktop and Explorer (you know, the one with your Username) has changed it's mind to Display "Ordner" (German for Folder*). This is the case for: My Desktop User Folder Icon (See image) The...
  10. Deleted user account name appears on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted user account name appears on login screen: When starting my PC the user account name from a deleted user account appears as the default login account. This user account does not appear when looking at the manage user account screens as it was deleted by the account holder (the former owner of the PC). How do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display azuread users on login screen

2. windows domain login screen shows wrong name

3. how do i show local users as well as AzureAD users on windows 10 login screen