Windows 10: Login screen still appears after removing username/ password required

Discus and support Login screen still appears after removing username/ password required in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I used NETPLWIZ to bypass windows login. This worked fine for a while, then all of a sudden the login screen started reappearing but the auto sign in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Hairy Scot, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Login screen still appears after removing username/ password required

I used NETPLWIZ to bypass windows login.
    This worked fine for a while, then all of a sudden the login screen started reappearing but the auto sign in still processed.
    It's not a train smash, just annoying.
    How can I get the process to take place without the screen appearing?

:)

Hairy Scot, Apr 20, 2016
  2. olydj2000 Win User

login screen

Hi there.

I am using a Lenovo thinkpad.

When I start the laptop it boots to the usual login screen, which has the usual two boxes in the center of the screen to enter my username and password.

Towards the lower left of the screen are two tabs/boxes with my name in them. If clicked on they lead two separate login setups via the aforementioned username and password boxes in the middle of the screen. One of them is set up incorrectly. How do I remove
    them as I don't know how they got there and they don't appear to serve any purpose other than complicating and slowing down the login process. Thanks

olydj2000, Apr 20, 2016
  3. Buck_650 Win User
    How to disable Windows 10 forced login?

Problem:

Windows 10 login requires password.

Steps to Resolve:

Start > netplwiz > select user > deselect "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer".

Pop up menu appeared prompting to enter a username who does not need to login.

Added respective username with correct password.

Ok'd out.

Restarted system.

Result:

Login pin or password required.

Comment:

The solution provided above worked for Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 Pro. The NETPLWIZ solution is not working on my clean installation of Windows 10 Pro.

Question:

How do I disable Windows 10 forced login?

Buck_650, Apr 20, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Login screen still appears after removing username/ password required

Turn it off and on again.

Sorry if it is dumb sounding reply but I often have to do it. Tick the user must enter password box on netplwiz, say OK, untick the box and say OK. Keep repeating this until it works. Off and on works for me.

I've not changed my MS password for years but it still seems to bug me in the same way now and again and resetting netplwiz always works for me.

5. I discovered that this problem may have occured as a result of using Laplins PCMover Pro to move my apps and settings across a fresh install of Windows 10.
    Have restored system to its level prior to that exercise and the problem has disappeared.

Hairy Scot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Login screen still appears after removing username/ password required

1. Login screen still appears after removing username/ password required - Similar Threads - Login screen still

2. Username-password login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Username-password login: OK so I want to make to where you need a username and password like for when you are logging into a remote cpu I followed the steps but it will not show up here is a set of pictures to help identify it...
  3. Username-password login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Username-password login: OK so I want to make to where you need a username and password like for when you are logging into a remote cpu I followed the steps but it will not show up here is a set of pictures to help identify it...
  4. Username-password login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Require Username & Password For Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require Username & Password For Login: I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 Home edition. I'm a little bit of a power user and prefer to have separate accounts for different uses- one for gaming and entertainment, and one for more important things like banking, work, etc. For security reasons, on my previous...
  6. Require Username & Password For Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require Username & Password For Login: I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 Home edition. I'm a little bit of a power user and prefer to have separate accounts for different uses- one for gaming and entertainment, and one for more important things like banking, work, etc. For security reasons, on my previous...
  7. Require Username & Password For Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Password and username login

Password and username login: I just posted the question regarding manually logging in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-and-username-login/755eceb8-be5f-4c8d-9201-37475b01451e
  9. Password and username login

Password and username login: When I go to certain websites that require a username and password this information seems to be there and I just have to use the enter button. How do I change this format so that I have to manually type in the username and password because I don't feel comfortable with the...
  10. Remove the windows require username and password settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove the windows require username and password settings: Recently I've got a hardware problem, and the engineer that help me to fix my laptop re-seat my laptop before he change the hardware After that I find out that I need to login with my microsoft account password, I didn't knew it is nessecary because before this my laptop...