Windows 10: Login Screen Wallpapers Where are They?

Discus and support Login Screen Wallpapers Where are They? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like the new wallpapers that show up on the login screen but where are they? I would like to set them as my background for my desktop. 56438 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by burrina, Jul 15, 2016.

1. burrina Win User

Login Screen Wallpapers Where are They?

I like the new wallpapers that show up on the login screen but where are they? I would like to set them as my background for my desktop.

:)

burrina, Jul 15, 2016

2. Windows 10 lock screen and login screen own picture

Hi,

No-no-no. You misunderstand. I have a win32 program called Webshots, which manage wallpapers and it's rotates (change randomly to a new wallpaper and put it out to the background). At wallpaper it works, there's nothing to do here. After X time it will put
    a new picture to the wallpaper. And I want to sync my login and lock screen's picture with my wallpaper picture. So - by the logic - I know where this program put the current wallpaper image, so I browsed it under the 'Images', than I set it on as login and
    lock screen image. Because the Webshots program change that file after X time, it needs to be in sync my login and lock screen with my wallpaper. But currently it seems the windows saves the selected picture somewhere and it loads from there, this is why it
    shows always the old version (which was set manually).

golddragon007, Jul 15, 2016
  3. Saurav` Win User
    Like what you see screen

Please let us know in detail.

What screen ? before login or during login or desktop screen aka wallpaper .

Saurav`, Jul 15, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Jul 15, 2016
  5. burrina Win User
    burrina, Jul 16, 2016
  6. I could not make those instructions work, either. Could you share how you made it work, burrina?

DianeDragonlove, Jul 17, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    This is easier:

Create a new folder on your desktop, name it Pics,
    paste the following code into an Administrative Power Shell and press Enter,
    wait for the command to finish then close the Power Shell, check inside the created Pics folder.

Code: Get-ChildItem -Path $env:localappdata\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets | Copy-Item -dest {"$home\desktop\pics\" + $_.BaseName + ($i++) +".jpg" }[/quote] Copy the ones you wish to keep to your Wallpaper folder, rename them and delete the rest.
    You can repeat this process from time to time if you see new Spotlight Lock Screen images appear on your machine.

(Props to @CmdrKeene and others for this trick)

Edwin, Jul 17, 2016
  8. Login Screen Wallpapers Where are They?

I'm sorry, but I don't know what an Administrative Power Shell is. :-(

9. Edwin New Member
    Click on Start, type powershell, right click on the result and choose Run as Administrator,

Login Screen Wallpapers Where are They? [​IMG]

copy the entire Code, right click inside the powershell window to paste it then press Enter...

when finished, close PowerShell and go look in the Pics folder

Edwin, Jul 17, 2016
  10. Okay, I got a bunch of pictures (none of which I can see are the lock screen photos), but a bunch of them will not open. The window shows the file number and then says We can't open this file.

11. Edwin New Member
    Are you signed on to your PC as Administrator?

You should see something similar to this:

Edwin, Jul 17, 2016
  12. I should be. I'm the only one who uses it. How can I tell for sure?

13. Edwin New Member

Settings/Accounts/Your Info - Local or Administrator

Edwin, Jul 17, 2016
  14. Edwin New Member
    I'm stumped!

Edwin, Jul 17, 2016
  15. Well, give it some thought, maybe you'll come up with something. It's not like it's an emergency! *Smile

Thema:

1. Login Screen Wallpapers Where are They? - Similar Threads - Login Screen Wallpapers

2. wallpaper on Windows 10 login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    wallpaper on Windows 10 login screen: My PC lost the feature where Microsoft would automatically change wallpaper scene on Windows 10 login screen. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-on-windows-10-login-screen/f2f937df-6e65-4f08-999b-6965111ebe84
  3. wallpaper on Windows 10 login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wallpaper on Windows 10 login screen: My PC lost the feature where Microsoft would automatically change wallpaper scene on Windows 10 login screen. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-on-windows-10-login-screen/f2f937df-6e65-4f08-999b-6965111ebe84
  4. wallpaper on Windows 10 login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. change wallpaper on main login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    change wallpaper on main login screen: Hi guys, i can't seem to find the option to change wallpaper for the main login screen when i boot my pc. I canchange the lock screen and desktop. But not the main windows boot screen where I login? submitted by /u/Staphino5 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on login screen wallpaper.

Windows 10 stuck on login screen wallpaper.: I am freaking out right now because I have an exam to study and I just tried to bring up my laptop from sleep mode to find out that I cannot log in. When I press a random key as usual to go to the box where I type my pin, it quickly shows my account name and photo and goes...
  7. Login screen wallpaper different to lock screen

Login screen wallpaper different to lock screen: I just clean installed 1909 and the wallpaper for the initial login screen upon turning my PC on is different to the wallpaper I have personally set for my lock screen. I have this set but it does not apply to my login screen whereby it defaults back to a Windows 10...
  8. Where to get those wallpapers in login screen automatically selected by Windows 10

Where to get those wallpapers in login screen automatically selected by Windows 10: Hi, for Windows 10, when I turned on the computer, it presents different pictures as wallpapers. Could you please let me know where to get them?...
  9. Where can I get the wallpapers that are shown at login screen?

Where can I get the wallpapers that are shown at login screen?: After Creator's Update, Windows 10 shows these new set of pictures along with some fun facts. Where can I get these images as wallpapers without the text? [img] 88509
  10. Where is Wallpaper stored?

Where is Wallpaper stored?: I changed the wallpaper on my Preview version and it also changed the wallpaper on my production system. But, I can't find the original wallpaper picture. I found the location for the pictures that come with Win 10, but not my original picture. Surely its in a folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logon screen wallpapers