Windows 10: Login screen with no profiles to sign into

Discus and support Login screen with no profiles to sign into in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My computer just updated (I'm assuming) to the anniversary edition, and I occasionally have sign-in problems. I normally have my computer set to sign... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bkshiroma, Sep 24, 2016.

1. bkshiroma Win User

Login screen with no profiles to sign into

My computer just updated (I'm assuming) to the anniversary edition, and I occasionally have sign-in problems. I normally have my computer set to sign in automatically, but when I turned on the PC this morning, it didn't. It went to the sign-in screen, but there was no way to sign into any profiles (there are two on my computer, one for me and one for my wife). The only options available were to shut down and restart (there was one more, but I have a Japanese PC, and I'm not sure what that option was). I restarted and the computer signed in normally.

Then later on, my wife tried to switch to her profile, and it went right back to that login screen with no options to go to either her profile or my profile. So again, I had to restart, and now I can get into both.

Has anyone else had this problem?

:)

bkshiroma, Sep 24, 2016

2. stuck into login screen with no login bar.

I have Windows10. I tried this and had a F12 offerring but not the way you described it. Is your method for another Windows release?

JamesKThompson, Sep 24, 2016
  3. stuck into login screen with no login bar.

Hi,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved.

I appreciate your efforts in resolving the issue.

Feel free to contact us if you are facing any further issues in Windows.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 24, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

I have not had the problem of not having a sign in option. I have had the problem of signing in to a different profile. If you go to settings > Accounts and make sure both accounts are set right. Then, do not restart, instead right click the start flag, select the new option you will now have which is 'sign out' it will sign you out and bring you back to the sign in screen. You should be able to see both accounts listed in the lower left of the sign in screen. Select whichever one you want and put in the password.

Those are some of the issues with no password like I have. I believe if you give yourself a password, most of those problems wouldn't happen. You can set a pin number instead of a password also. a 4 digit pin number is not so bad. If you would like to try that, this will tell you how PIN - Add to your Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums.

essenbe, Sep 24, 2016
  5. bkshiroma Win User
    Everything is set right, and like I said it works properly sometimes. But when it doesn't, there are no profiles to click on, on the bottom left.

bkshiroma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Login screen with no profiles to sign into - Similar Threads - Login screen profiles

2. "User profile service has the sign in.."

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "User profile service has the sign in..": I had this problem while playing fortnite, had to shut down as i had to leave, after turning it back on i got the error message above. I have tried literally EVERYTHING on the planet to fix, including safe mode which i tried, but while signing in i got the same error message,...
  3. Reset network login profiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reset network login profiles: My dorm uses a centralized internet that is shared and requires you to login, i had my friend setup the first time for me but apparently he used his own login and now we are both sharing the same bandwidth I should be able to create a new account with my own personal...
  4. The user profile service failed the sign in

The user profile service failed the sign in: Just updated the Wkndows 10 on my computer, and now when i try to log in i get this error message: "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded."...
  5. Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen

Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Insider Build number 18309.1000 on a Lenovo Carbon 1X. After enrolling fingerprints in Windows Hello, the system works fine, and let me log in using my fingerprint reader. This only lasts for a short period of time: after some time...
  6. windows default login profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows default login profile.: OK, I have 3 computers, 2 desktops and 1 laptop. when I reinstall windows and put in my login info all the systems come up with the same background image and basic profile settings. How can I stop it from doing that, also on my newest windows 10 system, (just finished...
  7. Signing in with Temporary Profile

Signing in with Temporary Profile: I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 and was working perfectly fine for the first week and now every time that I sign in it tells me there was a problem with logging me in and says I need to sign out and sign back in. When I do that I just continue to get the same message....
  8. Profile login issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Profile login issue: I am having issues login into my account...I am getting profile issue. How do I get past this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/profile-login-issue/efa060d6-a647-4870-9b0b-dfc430927492
  9. Can't sign in to new User Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in to new User Profile: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on an HP laptop last year. I can create a new user profile but receive the error message "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded" when I try to sign in to it, with no further explanation of...
  10. Unable to Login to Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Login to Profile: When I first power on my computer for the past week, the initial login fails. I get a "user profile cannot be loaded" error. I'm given the option to dismiss or sign out. I can sign out and then login normally without difficulty. Any thoughts what might be going on? 95148