Windows 10: login security

Discus and support login security in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just finished a system restore on my Lenovo G850 idea pad running windows 10. I have two security issues. 1. on startup Windows no longer asks for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by casale, Jan 3, 2018.

1. casale Win User

login security

I just finished a system restore on my Lenovo G850 idea pad running windows 10. I have two security issues.

1. on startup Windows no longer asks for a password but opens immediately. That, of course, is dangerous. How to I force Windows to ask for a password?

2. I understand there is a new, more secure login system which replaces passwords withnumbers only. I could not find any information on how to do this. Anyone know what I'm talking about and how to do this?
    s

:)

casale, Jan 3, 2018

2. Secure login

Hi Hotmail...,

Since the issue originated with your installation of Kaspersky, please contact Kaspersky for technical support:
    Kaspersky Lab Technical Support If you're in a different location choose from the options at the top of that site and/or try the Contact link at the bottom of the page.

While we can possibly offer symptomatic advice (which may or may not be appropriate or necessary), it's best to speak to them since they know their product far better.

Good luck and best wishes,

Kosh

Kosh Vorlon, Jan 3, 2018
  3. Secure login

Thank you. I contacted Virgin and changed my password. I had already run virus scans but I was still getting additional letters appearing on my screen when I was typing in my id and password for banking. So I've uninstalled Kaspersky and am using a different
    virus programme. Will have to see if that makes a difference.

Hotmailnotworking, Jan 3, 2018
  4. Eagle51 Win User

login security

Check this tutorial - Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup User Accounts Tutorials

Check this tutorial - Add PIN to your Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Eagle51, Jan 3, 2018
  5. casale Win User
    Dear Eagle51,

To be honest, perhaps because my computer competence is not exactlly super-expert level, the instructions were a bit over my head.

As to my first question, previously, when I turned on the computer "sign on" just asked for a password to the username which was filled in. It's not clear to me which of the instructions refers to this situation. My account info is simple: I'm the only user, not part of a group or anything as far as I know.

As to my second question, I found the reference to the new/alternative security login what I was asking about is called "email subject".

You've been very kind to answer so quickly so I hate to take up your time but further help would be very much appreciated.

casale, Jan 3, 2018
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey casale,
    Just to be clear .... when you turn on your PC, it goes straight to your desktop. It does NOT stop at the Login Screen where you have to enter your password. If that's the case, then you need to do the following (Option 1 - Step 4) from the tutorial I posted.

1. Windows + R type in netplwiz and click OK
    2. In the User Accounts popup window, highlight your username
    3. Check the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box, and click OK.
    4. Reboot PC, to verify it stops at the Login Screen and you have to enter you password

Note: If you're not being Automatically Signed In, then I've misunderstood or something else is going on.

K, I think you're referring to a Microsoft Account, which don't have to use if you don't want to. See the following tutorial for more info on MS Account vs Local Account - Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Eagle51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

login security

1. login security - Similar Threads - login security

2. How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?: I don't know what smooth brained, third-world, bug eater is responsible for the garbage pile of junk code that is Windows 11, but I've recently noticed a very annoying function that I want to deactivate.When the PIN is entered incorrectly multiple times the OS forces a...
  3. How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?: I don't know what smooth brained, third-world, bug eater is responsible for the garbage pile of junk code that is Windows 11, but I've recently noticed a very annoying function that I want to deactivate.When the PIN is entered incorrectly multiple times the OS forces a...
  4. Someone changed my security and login info and removed my access .I cant even try to login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone changed my security and login info and removed my access .I cant even try to login...: If this can be solved, please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-changed-my-security-and-login-info-and/b17fced5-99b5-46c8-8010-88340ffb45a7
  5. Someone changed my security and login info and removed my access .I cant even try to login...

Someone changed my security and login info and removed my access .I cant even try to login...: If this can be solved, please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-changed-my-security-and-login-info-and/b17fced5-99b5-46c8-8010-88340ffb45a7
  6. what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card...: 1. what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card authentication to login and removed login cache and denied NTLM traffic and even denied user account system and backup operator and have configured well in all security setting in Setting...
  7. what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card...

what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card...: 1. what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card authentication to login and removed login cache and denied NTLM traffic and even denied user account system and backup operator and have configured well in all security setting in Setting...
  8. How to get rid of windows security login when connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of windows security login when connecting to wifi: Everytime i try and connect to my university’s wi-fi it asks me to sign in to windows security which I don’t know how to do. I have tried resetting my laptop and also my network settings but this hasn’t worked....
  9. How to get rid of windows security login when connecting to wifi

How to get rid of windows security login when connecting to wifi: Everytime i try and connect to my university’s wi-fi it asks me to sign in to windows security which I don’t know how to do. I have tried resetting my laptop and also my network settings but this hasn’t worked....
  10. Pictures attached how do i fix this windows security login glitch?

Pictures attached how do i fix this windows security login glitch?: Hi, anytime I try to login to my Microsoft account over a browser or say into a game using a pop up window with windows security using a yubico key. as soon as i touch the button it will say I have entered my pins too many times....