Windows 10: Login takes a long time

Discus and support Login takes a long time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ocelot, Oct 7, 2015.

1. ocelot Win User

Login takes a long time

Hi,

since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to login into windows. Booting is fast....Didnt have that problem with win8.1

My System:

Intel i7-5960x
    16GB Ram
    3 SSDs
    Windows 10
    Nvidia Gtx980ti

Thanks!

:)

ocelot, Oct 7, 2015

2. Login box takes a long time to appear - Win 10

Someone in another thread mentioned that they narrowed it down to a service called 'DeviceAssociationService.' Though where they said enabling it fixed the problem, mine was already enabled. I disabled it and tried rebooting and it worked fine.

Who knows if it will work in the future, but for now it might have worked.

To get to it: hit start and look for services. Then in the services dialogue, just look for DeviceAssociationService, hit properties, and set it to 'disabled.'

HOWEVER: My mouse is still completely broken in that regard which I mentioned in the original post. Any help is appreciated

JoeyBurnash, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Login box takes a long time to appear - Win 10

When turning on my computer- every time since as long as I can remember (though I don't think this happened when I first got it) - the text box that I enter my computer password into to login - takes an enormous amount of time to appear.

Like- it will turn on just fine, the Login screen appears, and everything except for the text box itself appears.

It doesn't just take a long time either. It just plain doesn't show up unless I spam keyboard buttons. Eventually it just kind of seems to decide to respond and the text box appears and works fine. It's really strange.

Also, this may or may not be related, but as of late (possibly started around the same time), my mouse acts very strange on startup. Until a minute or two after I'm already logged in, it just doesn't work right. Usually it just moves incredibly
    slow and clicking only sometimes works. The last few times I turned on my computer, it instead decided to only move up or down (not left or right) until it was fully logged in and booted. It's as if the mouse drivers aren't loading unless I've fully logged
    on or something.

These two issues might not be related, but a solution to either one would be fantastic

JoeyBurnash, Oct 7, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Login takes a long time

This might give you a way of looking at events..
    BootRacer

BootRacer logs all the results to the history report and to standard event log. You can check events using Windows Event Viewer.

dalchina, Oct 8, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
Thema:

Login takes a long time

1. Login takes a long time - Similar Threads - Login takes long

2. Long time to login to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long time to login to Windows: I don't know why but after I turn off my computer for a good 8 hours or so going to sleep and turning it on the next morning and logging into Windows with my pin it can take over 10 seconds at times. But if I turn off my computer and back on in an hour or just restart it it...
  3. Long time to login to Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long time to login to Windows: I don't know why but after I turn off my computer for a good 8 hours or so going to sleep and turning it on the next morning and logging into Windows with my pin it can take over 10 seconds at times. But if I turn off my computer and back on in an hour or just restart it it...
  4. Long time to login to Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My scanner takes such a long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My scanner takes such a long time: my scanner takes such a long time * Moved from Office/Outlook/Win 10 * Original title: paper port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-scanner-takes-such-a-long-time/bc2c1af7-dc9c-4028-8318-c5906bae2bc0
  6. Taking too long time to Refresh.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taking too long time to Refresh.: I recently got virus in my system,I decided to reset my PC.Still virus has left it marks.But windows defender is trying hard to block.Whenever I want to refresh,it takes too long time.Can u help me to resolve this....
  7. Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd: For some reason when I boot from scratch I either get a black screen for over 30 seconds or it goes the the login screen and it takes forever to login. Hibernation doesn't have this problem. Cpu:Ryzen 5 3500u Model:HP 15-cw1068wm submitted by /u/gamingbro697 [link]...
  8. Refresh takes long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh takes long time: When I am refreshing my laptop it takes long time and other functions also do not work in that time. Please help me.what i do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-takes-long-time/ad06e73f-0345-4a39-a9ba-f0ebf6dc5cb9
  9. System Restore taking a long time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore taking a long time: I am trying to use system restore but the screen has said that it is restoring the system for a very long time. My old windows XP computer seemed to do it very quickly. Do I just wait ? Would turning the computer off cause problems ? 65203
  10. Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login: A couple weeks ago, my Windows 10 computer started taking a LONG time to login. The times have been going up and down, with a max of about 15.5 minutes, which happened today. Here's what I've tried to solve this issue: 1. Do a clean boot (no startup programs or services...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Login box takes a long time to appear - Win 10

2. login takes lonng time