Windows 10: Login woes in Safe Mode

Discus and support Login woes in Safe Mode in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am working on a computer running Windows 10, 64-bit. The model computer is an HP 15-f211wm laptop. A friend brought it over saying there was a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sinjin, Apr 12, 2018.

1. sinjin Win User

Login woes in Safe Mode

I am working on a computer running Windows 10, 64-bit. The model computer is an HP 15-f211wm laptop. A friend brought it over saying there was a problem with sound and thought it may be infected. I saw Malwarebytes was already installed. I updated it using an ethernet connection. I then disabled system protection (i.e. System Restore) and set the computer to automatically boot into Safe Mode.

This is where the nightmare begins. I cannot log on to the computer in Safe Mode using the password that worked just fine when it was 'normal' mode. I have tried it NUMEROUS times. I tried booting into Safe Mode with Networking, but the machine does not recognize ANY connections, wired or wireless. I can see the light come on when I plug in an ethernet cable. The wifi light is orange. I do not see any switches on the machine. Press "Fn + F12" accomplishes nothing. There are no connections available when I click the networking icon. in fact, it has an icon of an "X" over it.

I tried utilizing the Command Prompt feature available found by holding down shift and clicking "restart" from the power button icon. That takes me to a screen where I can see my friend's Gmail address. I sent her an email with instructions to reset her Microsoft Live password, but that password does not work nor does the one I used to log on using "normal" mode.

All I want to do is find a way to get on to the computer without losing any of her data. I do have a UBCD disk and utilized the password reset feature in it on another computer months ago, but that caused a loss of all pictures, files, within the user account of the password I reset. I would GREATLY appreciate any help that can be offered. Thank you!

:)

sinjin, Apr 12, 2018
  2. Richa_777 Win User

Urgent Help- Locked out of Window 10

I have boot through msconfig to safe mode in windows 10 and now its not login . I had pin there in normal login.

I am unable to login in microsoft in safe mode. What should i do. How to login in normal mode from safe mode??

Richa_777, Apr 12, 2018
  3. Evidrosou Win User
    Safe mode login

Hello. I updated to windows 10 but the taskbar wasn't working well.

So, i decided to login with safe mode with networking.

Now, I'm stucked at safe mode window login because I don't remember the password.

I was using pin to login to windows and I can't find the password.

Is it a way to return to normal mode?

Or any other way to solve this problem?

Thanks

Evidrosou, Apr 12, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

Login woes in Safe Mode

Boot off of the UBCD disc and browse the User files and backup the data to an external USB HDD.
    It sounds like the Virus is effecting the Login or use of keyboard.
    Once safely backed up, if you have the Windows installer, you can boot off of that and choose your Language, then Repair Your Computer. Or just wipe the computer and do a fresh install.

spunk, Apr 12, 2018
Thema:

Login woes in Safe Mode

1. Login woes in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Login woes Safe

2. Safe Mode / login issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode / login issues: Hi I have a Lenovo IdeaPad which i haven't opened in about 2 years, I just tried to turn it on today and it keeps either showing the Lenovo sign and a dotted rotating circle or 'Scanning and fixing D:' I cant go into safe mode and no matter what the screen always ends up...
  3. safe mode login trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe mode login trouble: i am trying to login on safe mode i did select networking. it will not accept my password on login screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-login-trouble/8625db0c-98bf-4024-86cb-b4faddd47505
  4. Login failed in Safe Mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login failed in Safe Mode: I could not login in to Windows 10 safe mode using the same pin I used to successfully login Windows 10 normal mode. I want to enter safe mode to remove bluetooth security tag which has popped up recently. What is the problem?...
  5. Not able to login in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to login in safe mode.: Hi, I am not able to login in safe mode. I tried to open safe mode with networking, still not working. When I went to command prompt, it was still asking password. Everytime it is showing password is incorrect. I tried again after changing the password. Still not working....
  6. Unable to login in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to login in safe mode: You responded to a question from Feb 5th about this problem. I tried your solution & it did not work & resulted in this response: "The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system device cannot be found." Initially, I tried to Safe Boot my Dell XPS...
  7. Login not recognised in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login not recognised in safe mode.: Was trying to use DDU to remove old GPU drivers, used MSConfig to restart in safe mode. Restarted, entered password (The one that I use everyday on this machine.) Windows 10 says password not recognised and goes no further. Now how the hell do I bypass either safe mode or...
  8. Login issue in safe mode

Login issue in safe mode: I had to remove a driver for camcorder and used an utility downloaded from the developer website. While launching the app, the system suggested to boot in a safe mode. Here my problem has started. The system denied to accept my password to the Microsoft account. I tried the...
  9. Unable to login in safe mode

Unable to login in safe mode: I used the Safe Mode in order to remove drivers. In this process I checked the option Boot in Safe Mode in msconfig. Now, when I am trying to login, the system says - incorrect password. I know that the password is correct. The system goes into Safe Mode each time when I am...
  10. W10 Login woes

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Login woes: I have two login issues. 1. After installing W10, it seems rebooting brings up two accounts with the same email address. The first account is linked to my live.com account and uses the live.com password to login. The live.com login is what I wanted and I set up the PC to...