Windows 10: Logitech G19 interfering with other hardware?

Discus and support Logitech G19 interfering with other hardware? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I just discovered yesterday that my Logitech G19 keyboard is the reason I have not been able to use my external hard drive/USB drives/my iPhone 6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tmady, Mar 25, 2016.

1. tmady Win User

Logitech G19 interfering with other hardware?

So I just discovered yesterday that my Logitech G19 keyboard is the reason I have not been able to use my external hard drive/USB drives/my iPhone 6 for the past few months.

Whenever this keyboard is plugged in, it makes all of those other devices become "unrecognized" -- this is strange because other devices work just fine, such as my mouse/printer.

Anyone have the slightest clue why this keyboard would be doing this?

:)

tmady, Mar 25, 2016
  2. Farangur Win User

'laclient.exe (UNICODE) has stopped working'

Interesting. I installed a Logitech G19 keyboard (on the admin account) and I unchecked the box "help logitech improve its products and services automatically"

However, when I reboot the computer and login to my user account I got this error. And yes, this box was checked on this account.

Anyone else that thinks this is not what you would expect? Bad Logitech, bad.

Farangur, Mar 25, 2016
  3. H_60 Win User
    LCDCountdown.exe - Application error at shutdown of W10

After I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 the following message was popping up everytime I shutdown my desktop. I never had this error message with Windows 7.

LCDCoutdown

This app is preventing shutdown.

LCDCountdown.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x00007FFADAAD5AEB referenced memory at

0x000000000000024. The memory could not be written.

Click OK to terminate the program

My system is as follows:

Cooler Master Midi Tower HAF 922 ATX

Intel DX79TO iX79, SATA600 RAID, USB3.0

Intel Core i7 3820 3.60GHz 10MB

Corsair 2x8GB, DDR3, PC12800, CL10, Vengeance, LP

Asus Videocard PCI-e Radeon HD7950 DCUII Top V2 3GB DVI/HDMI

Corsair PSU HX850W Gold 850W, Modulair

Samsung SSD 2.5", 120GB, SATA600, 840 Series, Kit

Western Digital Harddisk 3.5" Red 2TB, SATA600, WD20EFRX

LG DVD-/+/RAM GH24NS95.AUAA50B 24x, SATA

Logitech Mouse G500 Gaming Mouse

Logitech keyboard G19 Gaming

Logitech Speakerset Z623 2.1

Dell LED Monitor U2412M 24"

Dell LED Monitor U2713HM 27"

When searching on the internet I have the impression it is the Logitech G19 keyboard (which has an LCD screen) but no one seems to be sure let alone have a solution.

I'm fed up with this error message, so is there anybody who can tell me why this message pops up everytime and how to solve the issue?

4. tmady Win User

Bumping, surely someone has the slightest clue? Could this be EHCI Hand Off?

tmady, Mar 27, 2016
  5. mike s Win User
    If this keyboard uses the dreaded "unifying remote receiver" then it is a known situation for which I have not seen any easy answer. I have a Logitech combo keyboard/touchpad using this USB receiver, and a PC which will not boot with the receiver plugged in. Check the Logitech product forums for the complaints.

mike s, Mar 29, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    It is a wired keyboard. Have you updated the drivers for this keyboard through Logitech ?
    http://support.logitech.com/en_us/pr...ard-for-gaming
    Any other PC to try this on ?
    I see 6 USB 2.0/1.1 ports on this motherboard, have you tried other ports ? I not sure how you are connecting iphone, but other USB devices have you tried other ports ? Check the Device manager any yellow exclamation points showing with the devices plugged in ?Also check Universal Serial Bus Controller in the Device Manager. Look under Human Interface Devices and Keyboard for Logitech drivers.

jds63, Mar 29, 2016
  7. tmady Win User
    Yeah I have the latest version of drivers... However, I forgot to mention I'm running a pretty old mobo (ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe) and I've been suspecting the mobo for a loooong time until I recently found out this only occurs with the keyboard plugged in...

I have tried all of the ports on the computer, and I also have tried another computer -- same issue, whenever this keyboard is plugged in iPhone/external HDD's don't work.

Device manager isn't showing any yellow, however, when I plug in the iPhone with this keyboard in, it fails to recognize it and says "Device descriptor failed" -- As mentioned before, I spent months thinking something was wrong with the USB hub or iPhone and attempting everything to fix it, even manually installing Apple drivers.

By the way, I just recently dumped my old G19 and purchased a new one thinking maybe it was just the old keyboard, still the same issue!!! This is driving me insane.

tmady, Mar 30, 2016
  8. jds63 Win User

I was looking at your motherboard on ASUS's site i see no updated system drivers for Windows 10 and assume the latest Windows 8.1 should be fine, if there were any windows update would check and download them. Thinking this can be a driver issue either with keyboard drivers or conflicting with system drivers, i am not positive.

When you plugged in iphone or USB External device in Device manager it was a yellow triangle next to this device, did you right click and open the properties of that device in question, was it a code 43 ? In device manager when this occurs right click the device and scan for hardware changes. Some is shown here about similar issue if code 43. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...=ws.10%29.aspx

In some cases i would uninstall the devices from the Device Manager and reboot letting it reinstall those devices again. In Universal Serial Bus Controllers uninstall each USB Hub, USB Mass Storage and USB Root Hub and reboot.

Open the Keyboard in Device Manager and uninstall and reboot and any USB root under Human Interface Device.
    Just start off with uninstall of the ones in Universal Serial Bus Controllers and see how this works.

How long has this been going on with this keyboard and other devices, just since you tried an external device thinking that was always the issue ? How long since the upgrade to Windows 10 ? Other member may be right about contacting Logitech if you can about this, this issue might of always been there regardless of operating system for some. I am not sure about using these apple drivers on microsoft windows system just for USB

jds63, Mar 30, 2016
  9. tmady Win User
    This issue started happening shortly after Windows 10 install -- I did try all of the steps above, simply put: the iPhone/external hard drive(s) give a "device descriptor failed" error when connected while this keyboard is also connected.

At this point I have started a support ticket with Logitech, but from the looks of it, they are gonna blame everything else but themselves.

As sad as it may be, I'm currently disconnecting the keyboard and connecting my iPhone every time I need to sync, then I'm remoting into my main PC from another computer to use the keyboard/mouse while they are disconnected.

tmady, Mar 30, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    How about other USB devices same errors codes with keyboard connected ? Must be then an issue with this keyboard and Windows 10, but what was OS of the other PC you tried it on with the same results ? Can try as mentioned uninstalling and reinstalling in Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Not sure how Logitech Support is, but i do know there drivers have been buggy for a long time, i have 2 Logitech devices and tend not to use there drivers, K800 Keyboard and M570 Trackball both which are wireless and i do not need the drivers for it to work. Not using the software drivers you will loose settings and changes in settings.

jds63, Mar 30, 2016
  11. jds63 Win User
    You have tried the keyboard without the software drivers ?

jds63, Mar 30, 2016
  12. tmady Win User
    Correct, and still experiencing the same exact issue.

It's weird because this keyboard has a screen on it, and it is powered by an AC adapter -- even unplugging that and letting this keyboard just function as a keyboard still causes the issue.

tmady, Mar 30, 2016
  13. jds63 Win User

I would try uninstalling the devices in control panel and rebooting as suggested, under keyboard, under Human Interface Devices listed ones as USB ROOT and Universal Serial Bus Controllers all listed there as USB root hub, USB hub and USB Mass storage only.These will get reinstalled on reboot or when the device is connected.

Other PC operating system was ?

jds63, Mar 30, 2016
  14. tmady Win User
    I hate to be a broken record, but I also did this -- multiple times, I removed all USB devices/reboot, I even tried doing it and only having the keyboard/mouse plugged in with nothing else, on different ports. Still, if the keyboard is connected the iPhone device descriptor fails, like what the heck!!!

I also have a G15 keyboard, used this and it works just fine with the iPhone, for some odd reason this keyboard is doing something, like back feeding into the USB ports? I just don't understand how since I did remove it from AC power...

Also, I did remove everything from Devices & Printers, that didn't do anything at all -- the only thing that happens is when I remove the keyboard the PC picks up the iPhone and recognizes it.

This is so frustrating, I've been in IT for 10 years and I can't even come remotely to explaining what the heck is going on with this...

tmady, Mar 30, 2016
  15. jds63 Win User
    I know you have mentioned issues with other USB devices and this keyboard and so the same exact happens with a USB hard drive, just to verify again ? Hey i have come across issues i could not figure out as much as i know, so i feel for you. Even had tech support baffled at times.

jds63, Mar 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Logitech G19 interfering with other hardware? - Similar Threads - Logitech G19 interfering

2. how to remove windows update interfering with others programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove windows update interfering with others programs: how to remove windows update interfering with others programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-windows-update-interfering-with/3ea72f8f-55e7-4441-aec6-481acd709345
  3. MSFT2020 and Logitech pro series hardware.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSFT2020 and Logitech pro series hardware.: HiI am not sure what to say I spent all day yesterday reinstalling windows and MSFT2020. The day started out ok then I had to download drivers for my Logitech gear. Before I did that MSFT2020 loaded in a fairly fast time. I had been able to open it whenever I wanted. After I...
  4. Snipping Tool interfering other programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool interfering other programs: Anyone can help me with the above mentioned issue? Snipping tool hotkey is interfering with my other program hotkey. Tried uninstalling but it isn't working as it is integrated into windows 10. How can I maybe reassign the hotkey so it doesn't interfere or just entirely...
  5. Snipping Tool interfering other programs

Snipping Tool interfering other programs: Anyone can help me with the above mentioned issue? Snipping tool hotkey is interfering with my other program hotkey. Tried uninstalling but it isn't working as it is integrated into windows 10. How can I maybe reassign the hotkey so it doesn't interfere or just entirely...
  6. Logitech G19 worked fine when upgrading Windows 10 to 11, but a clean installation with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech G19 worked fine when upgrading Windows 10 to 11, but a clean installation with...: Hi,I have a logitech G19 keyboard with an LCD display on it. When I was running Windows 10 it worked just fine with Logitech Software installed. I upgraded to Windows 11 and it worked just fine.Now I did a clean installation of Windows 11 and all of a sudden windows will no...
  7. Logitech G19 worked fine when upgrading Windows 10 to 11, but a clean installation with...

Logitech G19 worked fine when upgrading Windows 10 to 11, but a clean installation with...: Hi,I have a logitech G19 keyboard with an LCD display on it. When I was running Windows 10 it worked just fine with Logitech Software installed. I upgraded to Windows 11 and it worked just fine.Now I did a clean installation of Windows 11 and all of a sudden windows will no...
  8. Possible Software and Windows interfering with each other

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Software and Windows interfering with each other: Sometimes when i'm playing any game, i will get 1-3 windows notification audio queues, my mouse cursor will freeze, and my fans on my AIO will go down to 300 rpms and then crank back up to the maximum amount of rpms it will go, iv'e tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  9. `Logitech wireless mouse driver interfering with keyboard editing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    `Logitech wireless mouse driver interfering with keyboard editing.: I went though, this with ASUS online help, and the mouse is causing the problem, even when directly plugged in- avoiding my usb spreader. It affects the built-in keyboard, but not the remote keyboard. It appears to send edit keycode combinations, rather like the old askii...
  10. Notifications disabled still interfering with other apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications disabled still interfering with other apps: This is infuriating. Seemingly out of the blue, when notifications are received, streaming video or audio playback in other apps stops. YouTube seems to pause, HBO Max stalls has to be set back 15s while audio Amazon Music is just disconnected. I did try changing browsers....