Windows 10: Logitech K400 PLUS: anyone here get it to WORK?

Discus and support Logitech K400 PLUS: anyone here get it to WORK? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; k400 plus.... meh. I have the older K400 - strange keyboard layout but it works every time on every chunk of hardware & software I've thrown it at,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, May 31, 2016.

1. cognus Win User

Logitech K400 PLUS: anyone here get it to WORK?

k400 plus.... meh.
    I have the older K400 - strange keyboard layout but it works every time on every chunk of hardware & software I've thrown it at, with no manual intervention whatsoever - no stick-handling of drivers, pairing, whatever. it just works every time. K400 Plus fails windows 10 no matter what I do. It will work on Windows 7 with intervention, but not on 10 at all. Unless I missed another download [there are 2 suggested, but neither are mentioned in the consumer-grade setup instructions]

??

:)

cognus, May 31, 2016
  2. d0gknees Win User

External keyboard with touchpad -- is there a usable one out there??????

Have a look at the Logitech K400.

d0gknees, May 31, 2016
  3. Logitech Keyboard software

I use a Logitech K400 keyboard and setpoint keyboard (latest version)software on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (this happened on Windows 8.1 pro as well) The keyboard and mouse tabs will not display only tools, it was intermittent under 8.1 it is constant under
    10. Despite this issue the keyboard including specialty keys works fine. Logitech cannot help Has anyone seen or heard of such an issue?

CyberVulcan, May 31, 2016
  4. elbmek Win User

elbmek, May 31, 2016
  5. cognus Win User
    tried that and the other utility. buggy.

cognus, Jun 1, 2016
  6. Mine works fine in Windows 10? Even the two finger scroll works without installing anything?

alphanumeric, Jun 1, 2016
  7. jds63 Win User
    I was going to say that to having the K800 uninstall the setpoint and see how it works. Thread starter was saying something about software being buggy anyway.

jds63, Jun 1, 2016
  8. cognus Win User

which model? which transceiver?
    in the "k400"'s, as best I can tell, there are at least 3 different models: the original K400 which had a longish USB receiver, about 40mm long; a K400r that has the same Key layout/plastics, but the so-called "Unifying Receiver" little "button" USB transceiver, and the new "K400 Plus" with very different keyboard and touchpad/buttons, using a small button-type "Unifying receiver".

as said, my old original one will plug into anything, without any intervention at all, and just work.
    my wild unsubstantiated Guess is that the little transceiver is simply flawed. bad unit. It must be that there is firmware loaded in those transceivers that goes 'live' as soon as power hits it, communicates with bios? the old one works at bootup on every system I've tried, which is a lot since I do tech work..

cognus, Jun 2, 2016
  9. it just says K400 on the bottom and it uses the Unifying receiver.

alphanumeric, Jun 3, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    To me it looks like the same unifying receiver as most other wireless keyboards or mice uses. Are you saying it does not function at all in WIndows 10 ? If so check the Device manager for any yellow exclamation points and look under Human interface devices and Keyboard.
    Did you try a different USB port these receivers can get interference also ? Always good here to list system specs to better help us, help you.

Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 Plus Setup Guide - en-us

jds63, Jun 3, 2016
  11. cognus Win User
    I should have done more testing before posting!
    it works.

I am not sure what the issues were but after interacting here I wondered if I had completely cut power and booted with the unifying rec'r from "cold" boot. So put batts in the keyboard again [i had packed it up to return], kept the switch OFF, booted up the desktop from no power [as opposed to the windows 10 'off'] and it worked fine.
    Repeated the same on my zenbook [shutdown -s, waited ...] having the receiver in usb from cold boot. it worked.
    These were the 2 that were stone dead to the kbd the day before.

I suspect, though I got those kbd batteries all from a fresh bulk pack of ever-ready's, one of the batteries may not be OK. I made sure I chose 2 other ones this trip.

cognus, Jun 3, 2016
  12. I have several Logitech trackballs and keyboards in use here. I often move them from PC to PC, or even plug them into my Raspberry Pi while they are booted up. I'll here the new hardware detected beep and they work. I don't have the plus though, just the regular K400. Not sure if that matters. The only time I install the unifying software is when I want to link or unlink a device to a receiver.

13. jds63 Win User

Yeah i always felt USB is the same as Plug n Play no need to reboot, unless a PS/2 keyboard. Along with batteries it was not detecting the receiver is why i told you to look in the Device manager and you can also look in Devices and Printers in the Control Panel to see if this is so when connected, use your mouse. If you do use the unifying software you can check it there if it connects and test it.

jds63, Jun 3, 2016
  14. My unifying receivers show up to the PC as if a corded keyboard mouse was plugged in. This lets them work in the BIOS. And makes them plug and play with the generic Windows keyboard mouse drivers. It also makes them usable on just about any device without having to install any drivers. Like my Raspberry Pi's. Once the Unifying software is installed in Windows, they show up as Logitech cordless devices in Devices and Printers. The icons change from the generic ones to the correct matching Logitech Icons too. The disadvantage is you have to use the dongle that comes with them. You can't link them directly via Bluetooth.

15. jds63 Win User
    This is the way my Logitech Trackball and Keyboard show up in Device Manager and Device and Printers with no drivers at all from Logitech.

Logitech K400 PLUS: anyone here get it to WORK? [​IMG]

Logitech K400 PLUS: anyone here get it to WORK? [​IMG]

jds63, Jun 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Logitech K400 PLUS: anyone here get it to WORK? - Similar Threads - Logitech K400 PLUS

2. does anyone here work even at windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does anyone here work even at windows: I’m starting to feel like no one actually works here submitted by /u/H-a-r-a-l-d-o [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1aw1ziw/does_anyone_here_work_even_at_windows/
  3. Logging In here Plus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging In here Plus.: To access my 2 Win 10 laptops, I enter my Windows Hello Pin. I have a Microsoft Account Gmail with it own password. I use the same Gmail Account for my email but the password is different.I also have a Hotmail.com Account, it is used to access my OneDrive Account.All of the...
  4. Logging In here Plus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging In here Plus.: To access my 2 Win 10 laptops, I enter my Windows Hello Pin. I have a Microsoft Account Gmail with it own password. I use the same Gmail Account for my email but the password is different.I also have a Hotmail.com Account, it is used to access my OneDrive Account.All of the...
  5. Touchpad on Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard stopped being detected by windows all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad on Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard stopped being detected by windows all of a sudden: Hi,I've been using a Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard for my HTPC running Win10 for about half a year. A couple of days ago the touchpad stopped working. The keyboard works fine and there's some sort of connection to the touch pad as I can click and right-click on it as well...
  6. Touchpad on Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard stopped being detected by windows all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad on Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard stopped being detected by windows all of a sudden: Hi,I've been using a Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard for my HTPC running Win10 for about half a year. A couple of days ago the touchpad stopped working. The keyboard works fine and there's some sort of connection to the touch pad as I can click and right-click on it as well...
  7. Touchpad on Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard stopped being detected by windows all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Logitech options plus missing DDL file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech options plus missing DDL file?: Let me preface this by saying I'm normally a Mac user, but I was just given a laptop running windows ten. Okay, so I'm trying to install Logitech options+ on this machine, so I can go back and forth between it and my mac, but when I try to, it says I'm missing...
  9. Wireless Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard Not Working Windows 10

Wireless Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard Not Working Windows 10: I can't get my Logitech wireless keyboard to work. Plugged its USB receiver into the USB Port, get a message that set up is happening, a confirmation that set up is done, and I see "Logitech Unifying Receiver" under Settings > Bluetooth & Other Devices so it seems paired....
  10. logitech K400 plus keyboard [print screen] function inoperable

logitech K400 plus keyboard [print screen] function inoperable: anyone shed a light on why my new k400+ keyboard cant take screenshot? i mulled around logitech options program, found nothing. pressed FN and back key, nada..tried combo other keys, still nothing. i like this keyboard and hate to return it. 90522