Windows 10: Logitech K520 Installation Help

Discus and support Logitech K520 Installation Help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I've never owned a wireless keyboard and mouse before. So I just got this to upgrade my wired mouse and keyboard. So straight away I plugged in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by llloyd4, Oct 24, 2017.

1. llloyd4 Win User

Logitech K520 Installation Help

Hello! I've never owned a wireless keyboard and mouse before. So I just got this to upgrade my wired mouse and keyboard. So straight away I plugged in the dongle, pulled the tabs on the batteries, switched them on, and nada. The mouse moves very jerkily and the keyboard turns on then turns off. I checked the batteries, all three are in the green on a battery checker. I've run the Unifying software and it can't pair the keyboard so it will start to work. Admittedly the wired keyboard and mouse are still plugged in and I've not rebooted the computer yet. I really really *really* hate to reboot the computer unless i really really *really* have to, I tend to treat my system like a server in that respect. And I was keeping the wired versions plugged in until the wireless ones are running just for backup like now I'm using the wired keyboard to type in this message and such. So, do I have a bad pair of devices and need to send them back or ... ?

Oh! And the computer isn't that far away neither, I can reach out and pat the top of the case so it's close.

:)

llloyd4, Oct 24, 2017

2. Windows 10 keyboard driver issues

Same issue with Logitech K520 wireless. Recognizes enter key but other keys do random things if anything.

eparker-242, Oct 24, 2017
  3. JeffHGJ Win User
    Windows 10 DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Hi Gerry,

I have a Logitech wireless Keyboard and Mouse pair - Mouse M310 and keyboard K520

Regards .. Ray

JeffHGJ, Oct 24, 2017
  4. Logitech K520 Installation Help

try them in a different usb port and maybe directly to the unit if its in a hub of some sort as could be power related. A reboot shouldnt be required tho for usb mouse and kb's.

kingtez1984, Oct 24, 2017
  5. Bastet Win User
    Iirc with my Logitech keyboard & mouse I had to install the setpoint software to change the mouse/keyboard setting, also don’t turn on the devices until the unifying software tells you to.

Bastet, Oct 24, 2017
  6. llloyd4 Win User
    @Bastet Opps! I switched them on even before I installed the Unifiying software. Though when it said to switch *off* then switch *on* the device I was trying to pair, which is the nonfunctioning keyboard, I did so and it failed to pair. So now what? Logitech K520 Installation Help o_O

llloyd4, Oct 24, 2017
  7. Yes, you should install Setpoint, it installs some drivers.

Wireless Combo MK520 - Logitech Support

Setpoint will probably crash, then you need to remove this DLL and install latest Visual C++ and restart.
    Code: del "%ProgramFiles%\Logitech\SetPointP\msvcp110.dll" /s /f /q[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Oct 24, 2017
  8. Bastet Win User

This is from the Logitech website & is the same for all keyboard/mouse:
    Use the Logitech Unifying software
    You can also use Logitech Unifying software to connect to Unifying receiver for your mouse. If you don't already have it installed, you can download the Unifying software from the Downloads page.
    Launch the Logitech Unifying software:
    Windows: Start > Programs > Logitech > Unifying > Logitech Unifying Software
    Macintosh: Application > Utilities > Logitech Unifying Software
    At the bottom of the Welcome screen, click Next.
    NOTE: These instructions use Windows screenshots. Macintosh will look slightly different, but the instructions are the same.
    Unifying Software

When you see the "Restart the device…" screen, follow the on-screen instructions to turn your device off and then back on.
    Restart Device

When your device is detected, you'll see a confirmation screen. Move your mouse to see if the cursor moves with it.
    If the connection is successful, click Yes and then Next.
    Mouse Detected

If your device doesn't respond immediately, wait a minute to see if it connects. If the device is still unresponsive, select No, and then click Next to restart the pairing process from step 1.
    Click Finish to exit the Logitech Unifying software (or click Pair Another Device to pair additional devices). Your device should now be connected.

Bastet, Oct 24, 2017
  9. llloyd4 Win User
    Ok, I installed the Setpoint software, latest for Windows 10 x64, and they keyboard maybe works. It's behaving like the mouse, very very *very* laggy. Type something and nothing appears for quite a bit. The mouse was the same, wiggle it and nothing for a few seconds then it would work a little then stop for a little, etc. Logitech K520 Installation Help o_O I typed "Test" and only t appeared after a few seconds then nothing.

llloyd4, Oct 24, 2017
  10. llloyd4 Win User
    Something is really weird here. Logitech K520 Installation Help o_O I am going into the Unifying Software Advanced View, it lists the keyboard and mouse, and even though the keyboard is switched on, the software lists it as Inactive, unknown battery, and unknown firmware version. Logitech K520 Installation Help o_O

There we go, bleh, I had to move the dongle from a back port to the front panel. That's going to be annoying. Oh well. Thanks all!

llloyd4, Oct 24, 2017
  11. Bastet Win User
    You may have to remove the devices via the unifiying receiver software & start again.

Bastet, Oct 24, 2017
  12. TairikuOkami, Oct 24, 2017
  13. Logitech K520 Installation Help

For what its worth, I own and use a lot of Logitech Unifying Keyboards etc. They come pre linked out of the box. And SetPoint is only needed for the special functions. On my K350 keyboard its the special Blue keys. I almost never use Setpoint. I just download the Unifying software separately. I use M570 Trackballs instead of the Mice that came with the keyboards. I just unlink the keyboard from the mouse, then relink it to the Unifying dongle for my trackball. I don't know why your having this issue though? Unplug the other keyboard mouse and see what happens, you can always just plug them back in.

alphanumeric, Oct 24, 2017
  14. llloyd4 Win User
    Ok, so, simply put, I can't plug the dongle into a back USB port, has to be a front USB port. Ugg, annoying as I only got two front ports and one is tied up by the Turtle Beach X12s as a power plug for the preamp. >,< The biggest negative for the Turtle Beach X12s really. But it works now so, yay!

llloyd4, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Logitech K520 Installation Help - Similar Threads - Logitech K520 Installation

2. Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint: I have tried to no avail to install Logitech Setpoint to be able to customize my K350 Wireless Keyboard. Every time I download and click the package I get the blue spinning circle for about 3 seconds and then nothing happens or opens. I've tried several solutions such as...
  3. Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint: I have tried to no avail to install Logitech Setpoint to be able to customize my K350 Wireless Keyboard. Every time I download and click the package I get the blue spinning circle for about 3 seconds and then nothing happens or opens. I've tried several solutions such as...
  4. Installing Logitech Unifying Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Logitech Unifying Software: Windows 11We just purchased an HP Pavilion notebook with Windows 11. A copy of the Logitech Unifying software was downloaded. When attempting to open the app we get a dialog complaining: “The app you are trying to install isn’t a Microsoft-verified app.”We selected the...
  5. Logitech Camera Can't Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Camera Can't Install: Hi, I purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4, and can't install either of my Logitech Webcams. When I plug in the C910, it installs with an Exclamation point next to it. When I plug in another one, it comes up with installing the Webcam Pro 9000 and the exclamation point....
  6. how to install a logitech mouse

how to install a logitech mouse: How to install a Logitech optical mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-logitech-mouse/39527d70-c40e-452b-bbf0-7d193936b913
  7. INSTALL LOGITECH WEB CAM

INSTALL LOGITECH WEB CAM: HOW TO INSTALL LOGITECH WE CAM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-logitech-web-cam/cd6b7e99-6233-4971-8791-f292bb3204a9
  8. Logitech K520/M310

Logitech K520/M310: Who won't my Logitech Keyboard/Mouse Combo setting hold after rebooting 54756
  9. Logitech K520/M310

Logitech K520/M310: Logitech M310/K520 Combo w/Setpoint does not remember keyboard settings after restart in Windows 10 45010
  10. Logitech MK550 help needed.

Logitech MK550 help needed.: Bought this combo (wireless keyboard and mouse) from Sam's Club, Logitech MK550, it didn't work. Exchanged for another one, it doesn't work either. Batteries were checked OK, both mouse and keyboard were turned on. Tried: Different ports. Different computers. Move the...