Windows 10: Logitech microphone issue

Discus and support Logitech microphone issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. New here and hopefully someone can help me out [img] Have had a Logitech quickcam 5000 for years and years now. It is quite an old piece... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sudden, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Sudden Win User

Logitech microphone issue

Hi all. New here and hopefully someone can help me out
    Logitech microphone issue [​IMG]

Have had a Logitech quickcam 5000 for years and years now. It is quite an old piece of hardware, but worked fine on windows 7, 64 bit.

Upgraded now to windows 10, and the mic is not working for some reason. The webcam itself works, but the mic just isn't registering any sound. I check device manager, and the 'recording devices' tab after right clicking on the sound icon, and both show in them 'Microphone - Logitech Microphone (Pro 5000)'. However, if I try and configure it or anything, I get the error "The Wizard could not start. Make sure your audio hardware is working properly and check your audio configuration in the Audio Devices and Sound Themes control panel".

Any tips anyone has would be appreciated
    Logitech microphone issue [​IMG]
    I know it's old tech, but it gets limited use (chatting with parents is the only thing really), so would rather not buy a new one. It's being detected by Windows, and Device Manager also shows generic drivers present.

:)

Sudden, Aug 17, 2015

2. Can I get a webcam driver for Logitech Mic (Pro 5000) on my windows 10 computer?

Hi Ernest

Looking at the Logitech User Forums it appears that there are some compatibility issues with this product.

See the following thread on the Logitech forums for a description and some fixes.

Logitech QuickCam 5000 Microphone no longer Working after Windows 10 Upgrade:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Webca...ger-Working-after/td-p/1425467/highlight/true

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Robert F2 Win User
    Microphone not working by default

I have Win 10, 64 bit on Dell XPS 12. Using Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 as microphone with latest Logitech driver installed. Microphone s set to default device but does not work on startup. If I change default microphone and then change it back to the Logitech
    Webcam Pro 9000 microphone, everything then works fine. I need to do this every time I start my PC.

Robert F2, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Logitech microphone issue

I have exactly the same problem and it is very annoying as I use Skype with my overseas friends and since upgrading to Windows 10 my microphone does not work, by webcam is fine and videos fine. Really really annoying me, searched Microsoft, Logitech, Googled and no help from anywhere. HELP!

whizzo2468, Nov 8, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    It may be simpler than you think! You don't need any drivers, the problem is that Skype tries to use a microphone connected (supposedly) in the mic in port (red) of the audio card. This records no sound since you don't have any connected. Go to Skype settings and change the recording device to the microphone of the webcam.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Logitech microphone issue

1. Logitech microphone issue - Similar Threads - Logitech microphone issue

2. Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working: Hi all, my Logitech Webcam C930e has suddenly lost all microphone function. Video feed works perfectly but audio does not. In Zoom and Teams, for example, a message appears saying "microphone not detected." This issue is a refinement of:...
  3. Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working: Hi all, my Logitech Webcam C930e has suddenly lost all microphone function. Video feed works perfectly but audio does not. In Zoom and Teams, for example, a message appears saying "microphone not detected." This issue is a refinement of:...
  4. Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Logitech keyboard issue

Logitech keyboard issue: Hi,I have a wireless Logitech K330 keyboard that has worked fine. Lately it sometimes delays for a few seconds before splashing out all the input letters. Like it is disconnected, no response from keys, but it clearly remembers what I type, since it types it after a few...
  6. Logitech C925e Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech C925e Microphone not working: Got a really weird one. I have a brand new Logitech C925e webcam that I've been using for 2 weeks now with no issues. Suddenly today, the microphone on the camera stopped working when I was told on a Google Meet that no one could hear me. I went and checked all the usual...
  7. Logitech c930e issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech c930e issues: It is working ok but after a certain amount of time the camera starts glitching and eventually it turns off. I think it has something to do with processing since I think the more impact I put on the processor EG going into games, opening tabs or just simply having the camera...
  8. Logitech webcam microphone always on

Logitech webcam microphone always on: Hi, I have 1803 with the latest ups and the last time a couple of days ago I noticed something quite weird. A Logitech webcam is also attached as it always has been. Since the update the microphone is always on. Naturally only want it on when using it but cannot see what...
  9. Logitech K360 Issues

Logitech K360 Issues: Why won't keyboard settings hold for this keyboard after rebooting. I utilize the "swap F functions feature. I constantly have to go into the mouse/keyboard app and force all my settings to apply. I tried unparing...and searched for latest update. 57112
  10. Logitech G35 Audio/Microphone Issue

Logitech G35 Audio/Microphone Issue: Ever since I've done a clean install of Windows 10, I've been having an issue whenever I run a game while Windows is using the microphone, e.g. a Skype call, Steam call, or use while streaming, the audio completely cuts out, as does the microphone. I can't hear anything and...