Windows 10: Logitech mouse freezes up after computer is awake from sleep mode.

Discus and support Logitech mouse freezes up after computer is awake from sleep mode. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know this is a duplicate of another thread, but I couldn't get anyone to reply back to me in the other thread. But I have a Logitech mouse on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jesse Williams, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Logitech mouse freezes up after computer is awake from sleep mode.

I know this is a duplicate of another thread, but I couldn't get anyone to reply back to me in the other thread.

But I have a Logitech mouse on my second computer which is an Acer Aspire XC-603G Desktop PC. When I wiggle the mouse to wake it up from sleep, sometimes the mouse and/or mouse cursor freezes up and won't move. This also causes the lock screen to get stuck which keeps me from getting into the computer. It only happens for about a second which I would call not very long. But it is very aggravating. My new HP doesn't do this.

If someone could help me, then that would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Jesse Williams, Sep 23, 2017

2. Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

In the other windows versions, just by moving the mouse or touching the pad or any key would restart your computer after sleep or hibernate mode. What is the secret "touch" to awake the computer after going to sleep or hibernate mode?

JoseGonzalez769, Sep 23, 2017
  3. Computer occasionally doesn't come out of sleep mode?

My computer used to wake up from sleep mode with a keyboard tap or mouse click/movement, but now it only responds to button presses occasionally and I have to hold down the power button and restart it
    when it doesn't. Usually when it goes into this type sleep mode I can still hear the computer fans running as if the computer is still awake (when it sleeps "normally" the fans are either quiet or off).

Both my keyboard and my mouse are set to Allow this device to wake the computer

benwfasdsad, Sep 23, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Logitech mouse freezes up after computer is awake from sleep mode.

Is it connected via Bluetooth?

f14tomcat, Sep 23, 2017
  5. Nope. It's a wireless mouse that is connected via a USB receiver.

6. f14tomcat Win User
    Sounds similar to my MX Master, with a dongle-type receiver in a USB 2.0 port. One thing that is recommended to reduce interference (possible cause) is to use an extender for that. It's about 3' long and gets the dongle away from the box. Also, try swapping the ports and/or re-seating the dongle.

f14tomcat, Sep 23, 2017
  7. I did have it in the USB 3.0 port, and that seemed to fix the issue.

8. f14tomcat Win User

Good! I'm pretty sure it's not recommended to put those receivers on a 3.0. Glad it worked! TC

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Logitech mouse freezes up after computer is awake from sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Logitech mouse freezes

2. awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    awake from sleep: I am all set thank goodness. I used command prompt to find what was waking my desktop.. Why ae there so many places where one can check or uncheck awaking the desktop from sleep. There are places in device manager, and places in power management along with others. When the pc...
  3. Computer Freezes After Auto Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezes After Auto Sleep Mode: A few months back we upgraded the Graphics Card and Hard Drive Upgraded to a GTX 1060 3gb and a 1TB Samsung EVO SSD in my fathers computer in order to speed it up and allow for three 4K monitors to connect. After a while we realized that when the computer would go into its...
  4. Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard: I recently purchase an HP all in one with windows 10 installed. I also purchased and installed MS Office. I cannot get the machine to wake up with a mouse or keyboard. I made sure that windows 10 is up to date. I have done all of the things suggested on the web, device...
  5. Move the mouse to wake computer from sleep mode?

Move the mouse to wake computer from sleep mode?: I've seen old posts about this but nothing in the past few months, and the older posts don't seem to describe what I'm seeing. I have a brand new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with Windows 10 - just received it yesterday. When it goes to sleep, I can only seem to wake it by...
  6. Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.

Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.: My mouse won't wake up my laptop after sleep. I have the lid closed and the laptop connected to a monitor with the lid closed setting to "do nothing". The mouse will allow my older laptop to wake up the computer. am I missing a setting? both laptops are operating Windows...
  7. Computer Freezes then restarts after wake up from sleep mode / Fresh Start.

Computer Freezes then restarts after wake up from sleep mode / Fresh Start.: Most days after waking my PC in the morning after a half hour or so it will freeze, then flicker either a Green , purple or blue screen , then restarts. The PC then operates perfectly normal for the rest of the day, at the end of use I put into sleep mode. I have tried just...
  8. Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse

Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse: So, I just got a new laptop, it seems in my settings, that windows by default will go into hibernate mode after 180 minutes, which is fine, however I am using my laptop as a desktop machine mainly, and it's inside a small compartment, and the only way to wake it is to try and...
  9. BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode

BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode: I've recently formatted my computer not long ago. So my computer would randomly wake up from sleep mode and I went into power settings to check if any wake up times are on but they weren't on. Now after the BSOD if I try to put it to sleep, the lights stays on and won't go to...
  10. One of HDDs missing/disappeared after awaking computer from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One of HDDs missing/disappeared after awaking computer from sleep mode: When I awake my computer from sleep mode, one of the data drives is missing (it is gone from This PC (formerly My Computer)). If I go into Device Manager and select Action > Scan for hardware changes then the drive is found and added back to This PC. The controller is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech dongle after computer wakes up

2. mouse freezes after computer sleeps

3. mouse freezes when computer awakened?