Windows 10: Logitech Setpoint Errors and some Fixes Fix

Discus and support Logitech Setpoint Errors and some Fixes Fix in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had an Issue with the latest Version of the Setpoint Software a few days ago with it crashing with a Runtime Error about every 5 minutes , you click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kbird, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Kbird Win User

Logitech Setpoint Errors and some Fixes Fix

I had an Issue with the latest Version of the Setpoint Software a few days ago with it crashing with a Runtime Error about every 5 minutes , you click okay and the Logitech Software auto restarts , but 5 mins later it crashes again , this happens Over and Over , and cannot be fixed in some cases by Reinstalling Setpoint. This is because it turns out it Uses C++ 2015 and if Windows Update has already installed the 2017 Version, 2015 C++ can fail to install because there is a newer version already installed.

Logitech Setpoint Errors and some Fixes Fix [​IMG]

The "Fix" is to Close the Logitech Software ( right Click taskbar icon >Exit) and goto Control Panel and Remove the 2017 Versions (x86/x64) of the Microsoft C++ Redistributables temporarily and reinstall them after the 2015 Version if you have a Program that needs them.

There is a Offline C++ Installer made by a User on SoftPedia that Worked for me for the Re-installation
    ( 2017 C++ Still needs removing 1st ,
    there is a bug in the 2017 Installer apparently that doesn't set a registry entry correctly)

Visual C++ Runtime Installer Download

Direct link to the 2015 version is here though (ignore the Surface Advertising :

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center

MicroSoft has some of the other C++ Redistributables on this page too

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...al-c-downloads

SEE POST NO#2 for the 2nd part of the Fix Please.

KB

:)

Kbird, Jan 21, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

window 10 error message

Hi Karen, click the link below to download the latest version of Logitech Setpoint, install that and see if it fixes this error . . .

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/setp...

If not, uninstall Logitech Setpoint alltogether from Control panel - Programs and Features!

DaveM121, Jan 21, 2018
  3. Mouse wheel too sensitive In edge

Try installing Logitech Setpoint 6.32

It fixes a lot of scrolling issues with Win 10.

So Immersed, Jan 21, 2018
  4. Kbird Win User

This is CRITICAL to the Above FIX so thanks and Credit to TairikuOkami

Found at the Logitech Forums , here: (Forums)

I had forgotten I had also done this but I had to reinstall SetPoint today , so it would see my T-RB22 again and this Problem had started again....

KB

The problem is caused by the old DLL, probably due to DEP.

%ProgramFiles%\Logitech\SetPointP\msvcp110.dll

(terminate Setpoint.exe beforehand deleting it, right click Taskbar Icon>exit)

Remove the file, it will force Setpoint to use the DLL located within Windows

del "%ProgramFiles%\Logitech\SetPointP\msvcp110.dll" /s /f /q

( I simply went to C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP and deleted the File )

Restart and it is done. ��

Kbird, Feb 5, 2018
  5. Kbird Win User
    Uninstalling and Reinstalling Setpoint caused me to once again lose the Mouse Images in SetPoint for my Marble Mouse and Optical Trackman Mice, one cause of this is that previously you disabled Automatic Updates ( Setpoint hasn't been updated in 2 years now so why have it on?) and this setting seems to remain in Windows even if you uninstall and reinstall SetPoint, so try re-enabling Automatic Updates and Installation 1st ( Tools Tab) and hopefully a few Reboots later it will be Fixed, once Setpoint has contacted the Device Image Server and downloaded the required Images. (They are not included in the Setpoint Software for Every device ever made)

Next thing to try is getting the Mouse Image Files for your Particular Mouse..... which is usually done by asking about this Issue on the Logitech Boards and hoping a Moderator Answers with a link for you Particular Mouse or Keyboard,
    but over the years I have Collected a few of these Files for Various Mice and Keyboards so I have zipped then all together for download and added them here:

Missing Mouse Images.zip

Kbird, Feb 5, 2018
  6. Kbird Win User

One Fix For Setpoint Missing TAB Issues

• Open Task Manager with CTRL-SHIFT-ESC and select Processes.
    • Right click on Logitech KHAL Main Process and Logitech SetPoint Event Manager (UNICODE), select End task to close each of them in turn, and then close the Task Manager.
    • Go to C:\ProgramFiles/Logitech/SetPointP.
    • Scroll down to SetPoint.exe.
    • Right click on it.
    • Select Run as administrator, and Ok
    • Restart Setpoint or Reboot.

Update:

If you create a desktop shortcut to SetPoint.exe like I did, you won’t have to continually drill down into Program Files. All you have to do is right click and select Run as administrator after exiting the SetPoint icon in the Task Manager.

Or:
    Solved - Logitech Setpoint | Eight Forums

Or:
    Fix Setpoint Mouse Tab Missing in Windows 7 or 8 via CMD and Setpoint 4.24

KB.

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Logitech Setpoint Errors and some Fixes Fix - Similar Threads - Logitech Setpoint Errors

2. Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint: I have tried to no avail to install Logitech Setpoint to be able to customize my K350 Wireless Keyboard. Every time I download and click the package I get the blue spinning circle for about 3 seconds and then nothing happens or opens. I've tried several solutions such as...
  3. WIndows 10 and Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIndows 10 and Logitech Setpoint: I recently switched from Windows 7 to windows 10. On Win 7 I used Logitech Setpoint with my Logitech M560 mouse to customize buttons and it worked perfectly. Now, on Windows 10 same mouse, same Setpoint and scroll after a 10 minutes of use becomes unresponsive and very slow....
  4. WIndows 10 and Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 and Logitech Setpoint: I recently switched from Windows 7 to windows 10. On Win 7 I used Logitech Setpoint with my Logitech M560 mouse to customize buttons and it worked perfectly. Now, on Windows 10 same mouse, same Setpoint and scroll after a 10 minutes of use becomes unresponsive and very slow....
  5. WIndows 10 and Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Fix Logitech Setpoint Runtime error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Logitech Setpoint Runtime error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering Logitech Setpoint runtime error on your Windows 10 computer, then this post is likely to help you. When you encounter this issue. […] This article Fix Logitech Setpoint Runtime error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Logitech Setpoint 6.69

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logitech Setpoint 6.69: I have tryed and tryed and tryed to get this software to load in Windows 10. It was working a few weeks ago, and now I continually get a "failed" to load error. I have tryed the " mode" as well, and it still shows a failed message. Can someone please help. [ATTACH]...
  8. Latest Logitech Setpoint fixes Photo app scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Logitech Setpoint fixes Photo app scrolling: Version SetPoint6.67.83_64 (64bit) Now if they could fix smooth scrolling crashing in Chrome, that would be something. *Smile 21990
  9. Logitech Setpoint nowhere to be found.

Logitech Setpoint nowhere to be found.: Did a clean Windows 10 install yesterday, and installed the latest Logitech setpoint. After the installation it stated that I can edit settings for my mouse or keyboard by clicking the setpoint tile in the start menu. Well it is not there, and I cannot even find where it was...
  10. Latest Logitech SetPoint Software

Latest Logitech SetPoint Software: Latest Logitech SetPoint Released [img] Note Date: September 8th 2015 Software Version: 6.67.83 Updated Description: Support added for Windows 10 Bug fixes Logitech -SetPoint Download Logitech -Software Downloads 10273

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech setpoint constant runtime error

2. fix runtime error logitech setpoint

3. del %ProgramFiles%\Logitech\SetPointP\msvcp110.dll