Windows 10: Logitech wireless mouse no longer recognised; cannot uninstall drivers

Discus and support Logitech wireless mouse no longer recognised; cannot uninstall drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After every major Windows 10 update, I have experienced problems with my logitech wireless mouse (M235). When I've turned the computer on, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Florio, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Florio Win User

Logitech wireless mouse no longer recognised; cannot uninstall drivers

After every major Windows 10 update, I have experienced problems with my logitech wireless mouse (M235). When I've turned the computer on, the screen has frequently frozen with the spinning dots, but after I've removed the mouse dongle from the USB port, everything has proceeded normally; replacing the dongle and rebooting has restored normal mouse function.
    But following the latest update, my mouse is just not recognised. I still get the spinning dots when I turn on the PC, and it boots normally when I remove the mouse dongle, but after that I cannot use the mouse at all. I'm trying to remove the drivers so that I can reinstall them, but I can't get rid of them via device manager. I have also unsuccessfully tried to remove setpoint. Interestingly, when I go to Properties of the mouse, I'm told there is no driver installed. And yet if I go to the details of the drivers, there are two listed:
    C:\WINDOWS/system32/DRIVERS/mouclass.sys
    and
    C:\WINDOWS/system32/DRIVERS/mouhid.sys
    I figured that if I could remove all the previously installed (corrupted?) mouse drivers, I could reinstall them, even via plug and play.
    Can anyone offer some advice??*cry

:)

Florio, Sep 13, 2017

2. Cursor Jumps when Typing on Desktop

Hi,

Drivers of the device might be one of the reason why you are having issues with your Wireless Logitech Trackball Mouse. To help us isolate this problem, let's try to uninstall and reinstall the mouse drivers. Here's how to uninstall it:

• Press Windows key, then type Device Manager.

• Click Mice and other pointing devices and look for Wireless Logitech Trackball Mouse.

• Under Driver tab, click Uninstall.
    To install the updated driver of Logitech Trackball Mouse it would be best to check their website.

You may also check on this
    link
    regarding mouse, touch pad, and keyboard problems in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Sep 13, 2017
  3. Wireless mouse not working

I recently changed USB drivers using ZADIG in order to get some virtual cables working on a usb ham radio. Now my wireless keyboard and mouse are no longer working. I uninstalled the ham radio stuff and went through the Device Manager uninstalling and
    reinstalling the drivers but still the Logitech devices aren't recognized. In Settings, Devices it does show the Logitech keyboard but with a driver error. Also, upon rebooting, there is an error and the start screen says to reboot, which works. System
    Restore failed to work, stating that a required file was missing. Any suggestions.

Jerry De La Cruz, Sep 13, 2017
  4. Logitech wireless mouse no longer recognised; cannot uninstall drivers

Hi Florio

When you try to remove what happens? Nothing, error message, sound. Anything in event viewer recording the non removal.

Are you using administrator account (sorry had to ask.) ?

Before trying anything I recommend you make an Image with a tool like Macrium Reflect. You need a plan B if something goes wrong.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

First thing I would try is disabling Windows Fast Startup. See if this helps. The fastest way to test is by disabling hibernation.

At command prompt(admin) or powershell(admin) enter

powercfg -h off

Test. To turn hibernation on replace off with on in command. If this fixes things you can get tutorial on just disabling Fast Startup.

Are you comfortable using the Advance Startup Options to get to Safe Mode and attempt uninstall. If not wait until another member has a better solution.

To get process started hold shift key down and restart.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

Once all mice removed, I'm hopeful, then ALT + F4 will give you menu and you can use arrow keys to select restart.

I know you want to use this mouse but I would not push it. Operating systems move forward and mice die.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 14, 2017
  5. Unifying receiver? I have several cordless Logitech keyboards and trackballs. They all work with Windows stock drivers. To the best of my knowledge as far as the PC is concerned, they are wired USB devices. It thinks its a USB keyboard or mouse. I almost never install the Setpoint software. About all I ever use is the Unifying software to link and unlink devices. I link my trackball to my keyboards Unifying receiver so I only need the one. You might try un linking your mouse, and then relinking it again. You might want to hunt up a corded mouse to do it though. It could be tricky accessing the menu with no mouse connected. Maybe your receiver or mouse has gone bad? Good batteries in the mouse?

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Logitech wireless mouse no longer recognised; cannot uninstall drivers

1. Logitech wireless mouse no longer recognised; cannot uninstall drivers - Similar Threads - Logitech wireless mouse

2. Logitech wireless mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech wireless mouse: i have a Logitech wireless mouse, and it has served me very well since i got it but as of late I've noticed a problem with the mouse, it seems to always be scrolling down or to the right, not sure why but sometimes if scrolling is available it will scroll and it has made...
  3. Logitech wireless mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech wireless mouse: i have a Logitech wireless mouse, and it has served me very well since i got it but as of late I've noticed a problem with the mouse, it seems to always be scrolling down or to the right, not sure why but sometimes if scrolling is available it will scroll and it has made...
  4. Logitech wireless mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. `Logitech wireless mouse driver interfering with keyboard editing.

`Logitech wireless mouse driver interfering with keyboard editing.: I went though, this with ASUS online help, and the mouse is causing the problem, even when directly plugged in- avoiding my usb spreader. It affects the built-in keyboard, but not the remote keyboard. It appears to send edit keycode combinations, rather like the old askii...
  6. Windows no longer recognising keyboard + mouse

Windows no longer recognising keyboard + mouse: Windows is no longer accepting my mouse and keyboard input. I have tried restarting my computer numerous times, switching usb ports, etc. The keyboard is still functional in the bios, but no input from mouse or keyboard is registered within windows, which means i am...
  7. office 365 no longer recognising wireless printer

office 365 no longer recognising wireless printer: Just in the last few days my office 365 is not recognising my wireless printer. It has worked fine up until this last week. Whilst I have managed to resolve the issue on word alas I have been unable to do so on excel. I can highlight and print any section from a website...
  8. Cannot sign in: password no longer recognised

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign in: password no longer recognised: I have been scouring the internet for a solution to this issue but cannot find one, so I’m desperate now. I have used a passcode for over a year to log in to my laptop, since switching from my Microsoft/Hotmail password which I previously used. Just under a week ago, my...
  9. My Logitech wireless mouse is not working

My Logitech wireless mouse is not working: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-logitech-wireless-mouse-is-not-working/81554924-d44e-4961-ba40-a25af938e605
  10. CONNECTING MY LOGITECH WIRELESS MOUSE

CONNECTING MY LOGITECH WIRELESS MOUSE: JUST PURCHASED A LOGITECH WIRELESS CONTROL PLUS M510 AND HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THE LAPTOP TO RESPOND TO IT. I HAVENT USED A WIRELESS IN QUITE A WHILE, BUT I SEEM TO RECALL IT CAME WITH A SMALL (RECEIVER?) FOR THE USB PORT. THIS MOUSE DID NOT. AM I MISSING SOMETHING??...