Windows 10: Logon Problem

Discus and support Logon Problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Here is my dilemma: I am running Win 10 Home. At first I had on my Lockscreen Windows Spotlight. But it also had a message from Microsoft to join... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gallicbear, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Logon Problem

Here is my dilemma: I am running Win 10 Home. At first I had on my Lockscreen Windows Spotlight. But it also had a message from Microsoft to join Rewards. Even though I turned off all notifications, it still showed up and as soon as I was logged on, it would take me to MS website. So I turned this off to my own pictures. Since then the only way to unlock is to press Ctrl-Alt-Del. am not on a domain. Neither does my software version have Group Policy editing, etc. When I use netplwiz, there is no checkmark for Ctrl-Alt-Del. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

gallicbear, Apr 5, 2018

2. logon problem

Based on the additional information you have provided, we can start troubleshooting your concern by switching from a Microsoft account to a local account.

To switch to a local a account, follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Your info.
    • Click on Sign-in with a local account instead.
    • Follow the prompts.
    • Restart your device afterwards.
    • Reconnect your Microsoft account to your device and check if the issue still exists.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Apr 5, 2018
  3. Lee_KK Win User
    Windows 10 Logon Password - The Handle is Invalid

Problem with Windows 10 logon password. Repeated tried with correct windows 10 logon password, but error message on "The Handle is Invalid". Also noted e-mail ID on the Windows 10 logon page.

Cannot use PC at all with this problem !!

Lee_KK, Apr 5, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User
  5. Thanks, Samuria. It worked with the reg file.

gallicbear, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Logon Problem

1. Logon Problem - Similar Threads - Logon Problem

2. "Problem with my account" message when I logon to computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Problem with my account" message when I logon to computer: Split from this thread. Whenever I logon to computer it says problem with my account. what is tech support phone number so I can talk to an associate to help solve account problem?...
  3. Logon problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logon problem: My wife's Lenovo Thinkpad just updated Windows and now demands a log-on password. She had previously set it to no password-what should she do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logon-problem/ab3bc1c5-389b-4241-9ece-a551d1587ec2
  4. Since latest update, problems with logon, language, and mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Since latest update, problems with logon, language, and mode: Logon: instead of place to enter pin, have to tap on airplane, but no cursor; keeps changing from airplane mode to wifi, against my wishes; ditto English-switches to DVR?. Any suggestions? All of these are constant, time-consuming, irritating problems--especially when I've...
  5. Microsoft account logon problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account logon problem: Used my laptop on Friday no problem, but today when I tried logging on it said it was an incorrect password. I double checked e-mail and password, Caps Lock was off and language was EN. Went onto my ipad and had no difficulty accessing my Microsoft account, so whilst on there...
  6. Problems with authentication on domain using smart card logon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with authentication on domain using smart card logon: Dear MS Support, we're using Smart Card logon as second method of our users to sign into domain based PCs. After latest Servicing Stack update KB4586863 and Cumulative update KB4586786, logon with smart card stopped working with this message: "This smart card could not be...
  7. Computer Logon password problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Logon password problems: Reset password and received email from Microsoft confirming change but when I try to log back onto computer I am told I am using an invalid password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-logon-password-problems/9fbcb986-d358-4440-89f0-012513916dad
  8. Automatic Logon Problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Automatic Logon Problem.: I have setup the Administrator account as well as my User account. Neither are passworded! When I am in the Administrator account, I can switch to my User account by clicking the profile picture etc, and vice versa. There are two problems I am facing. [1] On the live...
  9. Logon Problem (Win10 to Win7)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logon Problem (Win10 to Win7): First off I have to note by no means am I a network guru so please bear with me. I have a question/problem with networking. I have 5 PC’s - 4 laptops and a desktop. Lap1 (Win10), Lap2 (Win10), Lap3 (Win8), Lap4 (Win7), Desk (Win7). I routinely logon to Desk and Lap4 from...
  10. Problem with Task Running at Logon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Task Running at Logon: I setup a task to run when I logon. However, this task runs at startup. I have it set to run only when a certain user (me) logs in, but it runs at startup no matter what. The task uses power shell to mount a .VHDX virtual drive....