Windows 10: Logon screen (from setting in screensaver) not working after game

Discus and support Logon screen (from setting in screensaver) not working after game in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Win10 Pro 64-bit, latest updates applied. I know PC games disable the screensaver while playing and enable it when quitting but I'm playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rzn6jw, Jan 16, 2017.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Logon screen (from setting in screensaver) not working after game

Running Win10 Pro 64-bit, latest updates applied.

I know PC games disable the screensaver while playing and enable it when quitting but I'm playing one game (the ONLY game that does this) and whenever I quit the game, it enables the screensaver but not enable the 'On resume, display the logon screen' selection. De-selecting and re-selecting the option in the screensaver box does not re-enable the logon selection.

Does anyone know of a script or .bat file that I could run manually to reset the security logon selection?

Thanks.

:)

rzn6jw, Jan 16, 2017
  2. cyberlife Win User

Windows 10 Screensaver Locking screen with GPO even when it is disabled

Good Morning all,

We had this working with our Windows 7 workstations and those that had it working are still working after the upgrade; however, the computers that did not have this working before or are new installs of windows 10 will not work.

We are trying to setup a screensaver that comes on and displays images after one minute without locking our systems. We have a second policy that locks the system after 15 min.

Screen locking policy:

"Interactive Logon: Machine inactivity limit" to set the screen locking at 15 min.

This policy works without issues and locks the system and requires a username and password.

ScreenSaver:

We are using folder redirection to point to our network share where all the images for the photo screensaver are located.

This is done with Folder Redirection, Pictures, Setting: Basic (redirect everyone's folder to the same location) Path: \\Servername.domain.local\SharedSS

We are setting the "Force Spacific Screen Saver" to PhotoScreensaver.scr

The policy has "Password Protect the screen saver" set to Disabled.

When the screen saver activates it displays the local pictures folder and not the redirected pictures folder and locks the screen saver so that a user is forced to log back on again.

When we check the local screen saver settings after the policy is applied there is no check mark in the "On resume, display logon screen" setting. The wait time is set to the policy and the folder it pulls the images from is still set to the local pictures
    folder. I can manually change this folder location from here.

We are trying to set one policy that forces a lock on the system after 15 min and another policy that sets a screen saver after 1 min that will display images on the screen without locking the Windows 10 system.

I would also like to see a place in your topics for GPO.

Any help will be appreciated.

cyberlife, Jan 16, 2017
  3. Disable the Lock screen in Windows 10.

Change your screensaver, sleep and hibernate settings so the computer does not lock / require logon after waking from any of those states . . .

Shenan Stanley, Jan 16, 2017
  4. rzn6jw Win User

Fixed this issue by using GPEDIT and enabling the 'Password protect the screen saver' setting. This setting was 'not configured' prior to editing.

rzn6jw, Jan 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Logon screen (from setting in screensaver) not working after game - Similar Threads - Logon screen setting

2. screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle: have tried online solutions and also contacted customer service but still cant solve this problem.the setting all changed to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-all-setting-is-off-but-still-goes-into/d744e647-f77c-4c92-948e-ecb61b2ad811
  3. screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle: have tried online solutions and also contacted customer service but still cant solve this problem.the setting all changed to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-all-setting-is-off-but-still-goes-into/d744e647-f77c-4c92-948e-ecb61b2ad811
  4. Setting Of Time Format On Logon Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Of Time Format On Logon Screen: Hello, Use Windows 10 Pro X64 (1909) in English. (The display language of the Windows is English with writing in Hebrew language ability) I have set the area to > Israel The date and time > to Hebrew-Israeli format (24-hour clock) In the Windows itself, the clock appears...
  5. Power or Screensaver settings don't work after 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power or Screensaver settings don't work after 2004 update?: I have my power settings set so that the screen turns off after 5 minutes of inactivity. My screensaver timeout is also set for 5 minutes and I'm just using the blank screen screensaver. Basically, I just want my monitor to go off after the timeout. Since updating to 2004, it...
  6. Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen: Wondering if anyone else has this issue and has resolved it. When I wake my computer up, instead of my normal background and password logon showing up, this yellow screen shows up with no mouse control and gets stuck like this for a minute or longer. The odd thing is I can...
  7. Screensaver settings

Screensaver settings: Hi I have one small problem when using the screensaver settings on windows 10 pc. I went to choose "photos" in the drop down menu to display it as my screensaver. Then when I went to the right and clicked on the button that said "settings..." the screensaver settings window...
  8. DPI setting for logon screen

DPI setting for logon screen: This seems to be a simple question, but I haven't found a straightforward answer in here: How do I change the DPI setting that Windows uses on the logon screen (say, right after a restart, before a user has logged in), so that it matches the user's DPI setting? The reason I...
  9. Screensaver not working after update

Screensaver not working after update: I updated today from Windows 7 to 10, and everything seems to be working great except for a screensaver I purchased a few years ago. I know it's a relatively minor problem, but it worked fine on 7. The screensaver worked by taking a screenshot when initialized, and...
  10. Screensaver not working except in games

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver not working except in games: I just installed a clean Windows 10 on the new machine a built. For some reason, none of the listed screensavers work EXCEPT when I'm in a game and idle. If I'm not in a game, no screensaver will ever start. I've tried playing with the power settings including cmd...