Windows 10: Logon Screen with "key/password" icons?? Also User corruption.

Discus and support Logon Screen with "key/password" icons?? Also User corruption. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just installed win10 (build 10130) last night onto my Asus laptop. I upgraded from Win 7 Home. There was only 1 user on Win7, me, system admin. On the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emery, Jun 6, 2015.

1. emery Win User

Logon Screen with "key/password" icons?? Also User corruption.

Just installed win10 (build 10130) last night onto my Asus laptop. I upgraded from Win 7 Home.
    There was only 1 user on Win7, me, system admin. On the first upgrade, after attaching my profile to my Windows account, after the first reboot, I could no longer successfully fully log in to my desktop on my account. I got the "Critical Error has occurred in the Shell Infrastructure Host ....." message.

So I rolled back to 7, made another admin account ("Sam Samson"), just in case, and re-updated.

I re-attached my main account to my Windows account. Got the same critical error. Sam (and another new account, Mitch), seem to work fine. However, on the login screen, there are now 2 "key" icons named "password". They seem to belong to the Sam and Mitch accounts, but I can't find ANYTHING on the internet about this.

So 2 questions:
    1. What are those keys, and
    2. Can I recover my user? I've tried sfc and many, many reboots. Even tried startup recovery.

Logon Screen with "key/password" icons?? Also User corruption. [​IMG]

:)

emery, Jun 6, 2015

2. PLEASE UPGRADE NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

The Nokia X2 runs under S40 6th Edition, which does not allow the user to hide items on the gallery or file manager.

If the feature is like this then what is the use of having 16 GB card??/

All the confidencial photos which I doesn't want to share with others also shown in the photo gallary ..Because of s40 edition we can not use softwares like explore or file hide also ..

so If you upgrade NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

It will be worth having 16 GB card Logon Screen with "key/password" icons?? Also User corruption. :)

sharanukumar, Jun 6, 2015
  3. Adee247 Win User
    5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

I also cannot save any new music to my gallery. I can find it under Applications and File Manager, but cannot see this music in the Gallery. when I refresh my library, I get an error say "file is corrupted" and no new files were added. I don't think it is
    my sd card as it still saves new files. No problem with pictures.

Pls help. I realy love my Nokia, but this is killing it for me as I can't add new music to my library and create new playlists...

Thanks

Adee247, Jun 6, 2015
Thema:

Logon Screen with "key/password" icons?? Also User corruption.

1. Logon Screen with "key/password" icons?? Also User corruption. - Similar Threads - Logon Screen key

2. When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...: When I have users forget there password and we reset their password in AD and have the "require user to change password at logon" checked, users get a message logging into their AAD joined machines stating "The sign-in method you're trying to use isn't allowed, Try a...
  3. Change logon screen user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change logon screen user name: My Huawei Matebook D14 had a major problem fixed under warranty but involved reformat or replacement of SSD and reinstallation of Windows 10 Home. All OK now except that the user name is Huawei instead of my name. I would like to correct this. Presume that it needs editing of...
  4. Other User on logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other User on logon screen: Hi, the laptop given to me by my school suddenly started saying other user on logon, I am not the administrator is there anyway to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-on-logon-screen/dbadf391-f7b2-44a2-aef4-dd4257875d3a
  5. Black screen after User logon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen after User logon: Hi Iam facing “black screen” issue after user logon. I have two users in my laptop one is microsoft account user that needs pin to login and other local user account. When i try to login using microsoft user account iam getting black screen after logon only cursor moving....
  6. No password to logon.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password to logon.: [email protected];.com I inherited a computer but have no login password. I've tried several helps from the web without success. When I turn the computer on I get the password prompt screen. Stats are: HP ENVY 750qd Desktop PC Product number: Z9M79AV Model: Z9M79AVSer. #...
  7. Shortcut to change user on logon screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to change user on logon screen?: Is there a keyboard shortcut to change from an user to another on the logon screen? submitted by /u/filmol [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6scf4/shortcut_to_change_user_on_logon_screen/
  8. The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen: Hi, I've installed Ubuntu side by side with Windows 10. After selecting to boot windows from grub bootloader I get a logon screen with the message: [img] When I press enter the logon process goes as usual I enter my password and login. How can I disable this...
  9. WIN10 Logon Screen Shows Password Icons to Click Instead of Username

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN10 Logon Screen Shows Password Icons to Click Instead of Username: Has anyone seen this before and if so how do I correct this. Tried 3 different times and rolled back to Win 7 Home Premium and reinstalled Win 10. [img] 29256
  10. Corrupt User Logon Windows 10 (Pro)

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt User Logon Windows 10 (Pro): I will describe the symptoms and solution. I can only guess at the cause. Your normal everyday logon fails to function properly after a reboot and/or cold bootup. · Cortana fails · File Explorer fails to launch fully · Desktop Browsers will not launch (except Edge still...