Windows 10: Logon screen?????

Discus and support Logon screen????? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i haven't seen anything here about the logon screen, but my logon screen is horrible. it is the most buggy thing about win 10 for me, and it crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by STEVAE, Jun 6, 2015.

1. STEVAE Win User

Logon screen?????

i haven't seen anything here about the logon screen, but my logon screen is horrible. it is the most buggy thing about win 10 for me, and it crashes almost all the time. i get a flashing screen, and the credentials to logon are hard to get it to accept them. does anyone else here have such problems, and if so is there anyone who has any workarounds or fixes for this? thanks in advance for any information shared.

:)

STEVAE, Jun 6, 2015

2. Logon screen - After Win10 updated 1/30/18, the logon screen must be entered twice? Enter password one time and logon appears AGAIN!

Logon screen - After Win10 updated 1/30/18, the logon screen must be entered twice? Enter password one time and logon appears AGAIN!

LAWRENCE JBROPHY JR, Jun 6, 2015
  3. Tom Stur Win User
    Microsoft Live logon requirement

When I start Win 10 I am forced to go through the MS Live logon screen. I have figured out how to automatically logon but I still have to wait over 15 seconds for the automatic logon to occur. How do I bypass the logon screen and logon entirely? I
    never use MS Live so this is just a waste of time.

It's strange that when I first installed W 10 the logon screen did not appear at startup. But after the first W 10 updates were automatically downloaded and installed a week or so later, I suddenly encountered the MS Live logon screen.

Tom Stur, Jun 6, 2015
  4. Stevo Win User

Logon screen?????

Haven't had any problems here, its been extremely stable. Are you trying to use a non-standard resolution/aspect ratio other than 16:9 ? Does it do it both with and without the NVidia driver?

Stevo, Jun 7, 2015
  5. STEVAE Win User
    really? wow! my logon screen starts flashing as soon as it comes up. and i have tried different nvidia drivers, but with the same results. when i try to put in my password many times, it will not give me the place to do so. i click it, and it doesn't come out. only when i get the restart prompt to be active, will it allow me to type in my password. of course with me being the only one using my pc, i think it is ridiculous that i even have to choose myself or type in my user name. i've never had to do this on any other version of windows.
    i have an extremely advanced computer, so i'm not sure why there is problems, especially if others are not having problems. i will look into it further on the feedback app. thanks for letting me know you have no problems with it. what build are you using? how new is your pc?

STEVAE, Jun 7, 2015
  6. Stevo Win User
    Mines a recent custom desktop build, running Win 10 ver 10130.

Mine boots into a lockscreen(wallpaper), then I just click anywhere and I get the login credentials. The only time I have a problem is when I forget that I converted to my Microsoft account login instead of a local login and I use the wrong password.

Stevo, Jun 8, 2015
  7. caperjack Win User
    right click on the windows icon lower left , type this ,netplwiz ,into run, uncheck user has to use password to login, click OK ,then put in your password and reboot .,
    also disable password on wake .right click on the windows logo and go to power options .
    see image, click circled item and uncheck used password on wake, ,,that's only if you want to ,

caperjack, Jun 8, 2015
  8. STEVAE Win User

Logon screen?????

thank you so much. that killed the flashing window on the lockscreen. now i have loaded asus facelogon, and i still have security, but with out the problems of win 10 logon screen. thanks again.

STEVAE, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Logon screen?????

1. Logon screen????? - Similar Threads - Logon screen

2. Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account: Hello, I am experiencing a strange issue with a Windows 11 Enterprise system newly setup and joined to our on-prem domain. There was a local account used for initial login and join, but has since been deleted and the local profile purged. SYSTEMNAME\deletemeFor some reason...
  3. Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account: Hello, I am experiencing a strange issue with a Windows 11 Enterprise system newly setup and joined to our on-prem domain. There was a local account used for initial login and join, but has since been deleted and the local profile purged. SYSTEMNAME\deletemeFor some reason...
  4. Can't Get On Screen Keyboard Working For Logon

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Get On Screen Keyboard Working For Logon: Surface Pro Without KeyboardWindows 10Had to reboot machine to apply updates. Get to the loging screen. Hav keyboard on screen. Click in the password input control. Have onscreen keyboard. Click on key and nothing happens. Have highlight moving down across keys. How do I get...
  5. Can't Get On Screen Keyboard Working For Logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Get On Screen Keyboard Working For Logon: Surface Pro Without KeyboardWindows 10Had to reboot machine to apply updates. Get to the loging screen. Hav keyboard on screen. Click in the password input control. Have onscreen keyboard. Click on key and nothing happens. Have highlight moving down across keys. How do I get...
  6. Can't Get On Screen Keyboard Working For Logon

7. Show all domain users in the logon screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show all domain users in the logon screen: Hey!I have a Windows 10 PC that is part of a domain and has multiple Microsoft Entra ID accounts installed.How can I display all of those accounts in the Windows Logon screen?Right now it only shows the last account that logged in, but typing the email every time I need to...
  8. Show all domain users in the logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Show all domain users in the logon screen: Hey!I have a Windows 10 PC that is part of a domain and has multiple Microsoft Entra ID accounts installed.How can I display all of those accounts in the Windows Logon screen?Right now it only shows the last account that logged in, but typing the email every time I need to...
  9. Show all domain users in the logon screen

10. Error running screen saver .scr at logon

Error running screen saver .scr at logon: We have a screen saver .scr file that we created using ScreenSaver Wonder & it is setup to run after 60 seconds if no user has logged into the computer. We placed the .scr video file into the C:\windows\system32 folder & then this was setup done in the registry editor by...