Windows 10: LOL (Product-ID has Changed) and i didn't any Hardware Change..

Discus and support LOL (Product-ID has Changed) and i didn't any Hardware Change.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It was also possible in older versions of Windows that installation of a Service Pack [similar to today's Build] was sufficient change to get a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Berton, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Berton Win User

LOL (Product-ID has Changed) and i didn't any Hardware Change..

It was also possible in older versions of Windows that installation of a Service Pack [similar to today's Build] was sufficient change to get a new Product ID. Sometimes even a Product Key for an original install wouldn't work with a newer CD that included a Service Pack. If Microsoft had used Serial Number instead of Product ID the confusion with Product Key would have been easier for Users.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Ph0werd Win User

Lol i have installed
    Windows 10 v1803 on my PC
    and my Product-ID has changed when it was Completed..
    and i've checked it and the License key is still the same.. LOL?
    did i something wrong? or is this normal...
    Hope somebody can help me *Sad i'm stressing af

:)

Ph0werd, Apr 10, 2018
  3. lurooke Win User
    Windows Product ID Change with "Windows 10 1511 Build 10586" Update

Hello,

I am currently running some software which was a license tied to my hardware and windows product ID together.

After updating to Windows 10 1511 Build 10586 (from an earlier build of Windows 10) I noticed that my product ID has changed and I am no longer able to use these software.

I will contact with the supplier and they will probably help me with the issue by providing me a new license, though this is not an ideal solution if this is going to repeat often.

My question is if the product ID is going to change all the time with upcoming major(?) updates in Windows 10 and if it is normal that my product ID has changed with this update?

I appreciate the feedback!

Cheers

lurooke, Apr 10, 2018
  4. lurooke Win User

Windows Product ID Change with "Windows 10 1511 Build 10586" Update

Hello,

I am currently running some software which was a license tied to my hardware and windows product ID together.

After updating to Windows 10 1511 Build 10586 (from an earlier build of Windows 10) I noticed that my product ID has changed and I am no longer able to use these software.

I will contact with the supplier and they will probably help me with the issue by providing me a new license, though this is not an ideal solution if this is going to repeat often.

My question is if the product ID is going to change all the time with upcoming major(?) updates in Windows 10 and if it is normal that my product ID has changed with this update?

I appreciate the feedback!

Cheers

lurooke, Apr 10, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    If you switched from a production release (1709 or something similar) to 1803 (Insider Preview) your product ID will change. Fellow Windows Insider MVP Andre Da Costa posted to answers.MS.com about Product IDs: Windows 10 ProductID - Microsoft Community. Worth reading, but nothing to stress over. As long as Windows remains activated, it's all good.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 10, 2018
  6. Ph0werd Win User
    Ooh okey.

Ph0werd, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

1. LOL (Product-ID has Changed) and i didn't any Hardware Change.. - Similar Threads - LOL Product has

2. Device ID and Product ID changed post format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device ID and Product ID changed post format.: I recently formatted my Dell Vostro 3590 which had Windows 10 installed. After the format of the OS i signed in using my Microsoft ID and the Product ID and Device ID of this laptop have changed. This laptop has also picked up the service tags of one of my other Dell Laptops...
  3. I didn't change any hardware of my computer but the Windows 11 license has been inactivated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I didn't change any hardware of my computer but the Windows 11 license has been inactivated.: My Windows 11 says the error code: 0xC004F211I bought the key via internet and I used well for months. I don't keep it now because Windows 11 worked well. But product ID is identified in Windows setting screen.How can I fix this problem?...
  4. I didn't change any hardware of my computer but the Windows 11 license has been inactivated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I didn't change any hardware of my computer but the Windows 11 license has been inactivated.: My Windows 11 says the error code: 0xC004F211I bought the key via internet and I used well for months. I don't keep it now because Windows 11 worked well. But product ID is identified in Windows setting screen.How can I fix this problem?...
  5. Password Change I didn't Change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Change I didn't Change: Just recently I got a message saying my email password was changed. I didn't change my password. I did change my password at the time of the notification, however, I want the absolute way to prevent this from happening again. Can you help me find a solution to my problem....
  6. your hardware has changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    your hardware has changed: hi i got a message my w10 hardware has changed why has this come up it changed my graphic drivers why & by whom cheers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-hardware-has-changed/a139e76c-ae6f-4281-a44c-27d6ecf250d9
  7. Windows 10 Product ID Changed .?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Product ID Changed .?: Hello there.. I did a windows 10 reinstall on my Thinkpad Laptop. I did it previously, and my windows got activated automatically, but this time it not.. i logged in with same Microsoft Account, but its not activated .. I got the windows with the laptop only when i...
  8. Change Hardware ID

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Hardware ID: I have software that the company has closed and part of the installation that I need to do has the new hardware ID. It doesn't match the one before upgrading so my user name and key will no longer work. I have documentation showing the original hardware ID and the...
  9. Product ID changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Product ID changed: Ihave been having problems with my hp envy 360 for few months now. Things such as not being allowed access to files in my computer, many Xbox messages saying i have a pass and i am being offered access to an account with my name and full profile already established, ads...
  10. how can i change hardware id?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i change hardware id?: is there anyway that i can change my hardware ip instead of buying a new spec for my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-hardware-id/643e2a04-2f42-4c0e-94af-266b9dece67b