Windows 10: Long boot start / black screen before login WIN10

Discus and support Long boot start / black screen before login WIN10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, today I updated Windows 7 to 10 . After configuring the system, I decided to restart it. During startup, the Windows logo is displayed for about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by quap, Aug 8, 2015.

1. quap Win User

Long boot start / black screen before login WIN10

Hello, today I updated Windows 7 to 10 . After configuring the system, I decided to restart it. During startup, the Windows logo is displayed for about 5 seconds, then black screen for half a minute ... which is pretty damn annoying. Then login screen (automatic login ) and after 10 seconds desktop. Overall, the system boots 3 times longer than the old Win Seven ... So my question is , what to do in order to eliminate black screen when booting? It's probably not normal that the system starts up for so long ... I have little application and order in the system , so it should boot fast like a Ferrari . This black screen would lead me to depression , so please help . I updated my Radeon drivers but no changes.

:)

quap, Aug 8, 2015

2. Long boot start / black screen before login

Hello, today I updated Windows 7 to 10 . After configuring the system, I decided to restart it. During startup, the Windows logo is displayed for about 5 seconds, then black screen for half a minute
    ... which is pretty damn annoying. Then login screen (automatic login ) and after 10 seconds desktop. Overall, the system boots 3 times longer than the old Win Seven ... So my question is , what to do in order to eliminate black screen when booting? It's probably
    not normal that the system starts up for so long ... I have little application and order in the system , so it should boot fast like a Ferrari . This black screen would lead me to depression , so please help . I updated my Radeon drivers but no changes.

DamianOrłowski, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Long boot start / black screen before login

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated. 

If you are unable to boot the computer to the start screen, follow the steps given below.

Method 1:

Disconnect all the devices connected to the computer except keyboard and mouse and check if you are able to boot to the start screen.

Method 2:

If the computer fails to boot, try performing safe mode and perform clean boot.

Step 1:

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Press and hold the
    shift key while clicking on Restart at the login Screen (Bottom right corner).

[*]Select Troubleshootand click on
    Advanced Options.

[*]Select Startup Settingsand click on
    Restart.

[*]After restarting, choose Enable Safe modewith networking.

If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

By setting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a Clean Boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot" from the article.

Method 3: You may try to boot from the Windows 10 media and try performing an Automatic repair from Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).

To perform Automatic repair on Windows 10 computer follow these steps:

a) Insert the media such as (USB or DVD) and restart your computer

b) Press F12 key (typically this is F12, but it can differ between computer manufacturers) and choose the drive that you inserted the installation media into.

Once the Windows Setup window appears, follow these steps:

c) Click Next and select Repair your computer.

d) You will then see a blue screen and an option to choose. Choose the option
    Troubleshoot
    and select Advanced options.

e) You may choose Automatic Repair from Advanced boot option.

You may refer to the below link to download the ISO and create the installation media:

Download Windows 10

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 8, 2015
  4. robroy73 Win User

Interesting... I just registered to comment in the tweak section on my issue. But my boot times have been horrible since getting this ASUS laptop about a year ago. Of course it came with 8.1 and was always roughly about 1-3 minutes of the &*&) ASUS loading GIF (part of their secure boot crap) but its doing the samething with it disabled and replacing with Windows gif instead.
    Anyway, what I have noticed is the boot time when I shutdown is light years compared to a reboot. On a shutdown, its almost like I'm coming out of hibernate BUT.. I confirm it is a shutdown and what's even weirder is the startup applications run super fast after a shutdown and restart takes for #$*($# ever.

Has anyone ran into that?

robroy73, Aug 8, 2015
  5. robroy73 Win User
    I found this on this forum...

Windows 10 Help Forums

It seems I was incorrect as the shutdown is nothing more than a hibernate. I actually did a shutdown via the command prompt to further confirm and it acted just like the dam reboot. Based on my timing findings... an actual shutdown and reboot took b/t 5.5 and 6 minutes to get to the login screen, while it took from 2.5 to 3 minutes for everything to load up at the time of logging in.

So I am looking at a total (bare minimum) of 8-9 minutes before the system is fully usable. The startup at login could be skewed as I do have some things that load up (like a classic gadgets bar) but I also stopped a bunch of crap (like Adobe, Garmin..etc).

If anyone has suggestions on what worked for them in terms of speeding up a cold boot... I'm all ears.

Thanks.

Rob

robroy73, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Long boot start / black screen before login WIN10 - Similar Threads - Long boot start

2. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long black screen before starts to boot: My problem is that a computer, after restart, shows a black screen for 109 seconds, then it starts to boot, which only takes 15 seconds.It is a long story of how I got to this point, but I reinstalled Windows 10, taking the factory reset, to try to fix it, but that didn't fix...
  3. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long black screen before starts to boot: My problem is that a computer, after restart, shows a black screen for 109 seconds, then it starts to boot, which only takes 15 seconds.It is a long story of how I got to this point, but I reinstalled Windows 10, taking the factory reset, to try to fix it, but that didn't fix...
  4. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Long Black screen before boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long Black screen before boot in Windows 10: Hi, whenever I power on my computer, there is a long black screen that lasts around 20 seconds before it cuts to the HP logo and the spinning wheel thingy below it. It slows down the startup speed quite a bit. I have tried updating my graphics drivers, scanning for viruses,...
  6. Long black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long black screen with cursor before login: I have recently reinstalled Windows 10, after upgrading my hardware (new motherboard, processor, ram and added sdd), but whenever I start my PC, I get to a point where I have a black screen and a cursor before the login screen. It will get to the login screen at one point,...
  7. Long black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long black screen before login: Whenever I turn my computer on it will go through the initial boot phases (show the Asus logo, display available drives), but then it just shows a blank monitor (black screen) for about 2 minutes. During this time I don't see my cursor, no keyboard button combination does...
  8. Windows 10 Long Time Booting black screen Before Login Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Long Time Booting black screen Before Login Screen: Windows 10 Long Time Booting black screen Before Login Screen. This happened after upgrade windows 10, but when I uninstalled the updates still the same, any ideas? How to solve it?...
  9. Long Black Screen before Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long Black Screen before Boot: Excellent. Yes Brink's tutorial provide a lot of information.
  10. Black screen on boot before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on boot before login screen: Laptop: ​Gigabyte U2442 The issue is pretty much as stated in the title "​Black screen on boot before login screen". I've booted into safe mode and changed the startup up to diagnostic boot and it gets further. When in diagnostic mode it actually gets to the login...