Windows 10: long boot time with black screen

Discus and support long boot time with black screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my asus laptop k53br taking long time during boot up. I have dual graphic card installed amd redeon hd 6310 and amd redeon 7400. During boot up after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Aamir, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Aamir Win User

long boot time with black screen

my asus laptop k53br taking long time during boot up. I have dual graphic card installed
    amd redeon hd 6310 and amd redeon 7400. During boot up after showing logo black sceen splashes it remain black for 2 mintues. windows 10 auto install drivers. I have tried amd autocheck which shows driver is updated driver. when ever I disable 6310 driver it boot quickly but lower the resulation to 1030 to 768. I think problem is due to graphic card. Is there any way around to solve this issue.

:)

Aamir, Jan 10, 2016

2. Long boot up time with black screen after upgrade to windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and update.

Your efforts to work on this issue is very much appreciated.

Uninstall the faulty driver from the Device Manager. Download the latest available driver from the computer manufacturer’s website and install it in compatibility mode to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to install the driver in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Sal_920 Win User
    Long boot up time with black screen after upgrade to windows 10

Thank you. I did what you said. and it worked for me. many many thanks. I had to search online for the 16.7.3 exe because I could not get it from manually choosing drivers on amd's website. I also ran into a brightness problem which turned out to be an easy
    fix. all I had to do was re_enable the monitor driver because the display adapter's driver installation disabled it. and that was it! voila. I'm less frustated now and very happy!

Sal_920, Jan 10, 2016
Thema:

long boot time with black screen

1. long boot time with black screen - Similar Threads - long boot black

2. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  3. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  4. long boot time, w/black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    long boot time, w/black screen: this is in regards to my Lenovo laptop (which lve added specs to on my profile) recently upgraded to the 2004 feature update OS build 19041-450, now granted prior to this my system was slow to start, ended up turning off fastboot which sped things up slightly (as l did have a...
  5. Long boot time

Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  6. Windows 10 Long Time Booting black screen Before Login Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Long Time Booting black screen Before Login Screen: Windows 10 Long Time Booting black screen Before Login Screen. This happened after upgrade windows 10, but when I uninstalled the updates still the same, any ideas? How to solve it?...
  7. Takes forever to boot (Black screen for vey long time)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Takes forever to boot (Black screen for vey long time): Hi. My PC takes forever to launch. It's just stuck on black screen for a very long time then finally starts up. Could "Delayed launcher" under startup on the PC have anything to do with this? Also my date and time is wrong every time I start up the computer. Have to sync...
  8. Long time black screen with spinning circle on boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long time black screen with spinning circle on boot.: In general my computer will spend less than 10 seconds to startup. But I encountered the same problem twice on two computers: They will show a black screen with spinning circle after Motherboard Logo with spinning circle on boot. It will takes about 2~3 minutes. Then it...
  9. Very long boot and black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Very long boot and black screen: So recently I have been getting very long boot times, not sure how long as after 20 mins I get bored and walk off. After silly amount of time trying to boot it comes to a black screen with a mouse curser. Ctrl + alt + del does not work but I found pressing start + r and...
  10. Long Black Screen before Boot

Long Black Screen before Boot: Excellent. Yes Brink's tutorial provide a lot of information.