Windows 10: Long boot up time after joining domain

Discus and support Long boot up time after joining domain in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been running Windows 10 x64 Pro (Threshold 2 compilation). I used to run it independently from the domain for a couple of weeks and it was fast as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mikolajek, Dec 6, 2015.

1. mikolajek Win User

Long boot up time after joining domain

I've been running Windows 10 x64 Pro (Threshold 2 compilation). I used to run it independently from the domain for a couple of weeks and it was fast as a hurricane

However my company finally decided to put us all into a domain. I have no technical details, but my best guess is they are using Office 365 services to do so, as we certainly have no own network infrastructure of that kind.

My problem is that after joining the domain my boot time tripled! I have checked the group policy to see if there are any strange entries, but found only three items - network folders mapping, printers mapping and "My Documents" mapping into OneDrive for Business. I've run the Process Monitor but log examination revealed no time gaps or significant delays.

I've read at this and other forums that typically such delay is caused by the domain controller situated outside the local network, but I'm not sure of that. My problem occurs both when in local network and outside it (no network access).

Can anyone advise me how to investigate this issue? What can cause such a huge delay?

:)

mikolajek, Dec 6, 2015

2. "Sorry, your PC name can't be changed" message

You mention domain a couple of times - is it a domain joined PC? I've experienced random issues renaming a domain joined PC in the past, although it's a little more long winded I've always removed the PC from the domain, renamed it then re-joined the Domain
    under the new name. This has always worked for me. Of course you will need a domain admin account too.

HTH

MarkInKent, Dec 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Technical Preview has expired.

Or you could set the time and date in the bios back to September sometime, boot up as normal and then back up your data somewhere safe like an external drive before formatting the hard drive and doing a fresh install.

I had exactly the same problem and this simple method allowed me to get my data without too much trouble. If it is a domain joined account you will most likely have to login to the local administrator account as time sync etc would stop you logging on to
    the domain.

Joe_Cub_499, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

Long boot up time after joining domain

1. Long boot up time after joining domain - Similar Threads - Long boot joining

2. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time: Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to the domain user account and just sits there saying welcome and never actually logs in.Anyone got any ideas?...
  3. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time: Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to the domain user account and just sits there saying welcome and never actually logs in.Anyone got any ideas?...
  4. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  5. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  6. Time on domain joined laptops isn't updating

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time on domain joined laptops isn't updating: Hello, In the last 6 months it has become apparent that our laptops are not updating whenever GMT/BST changes +/- 1 hour. Once laptops are back on the LAN in the office, they update fine. I'm assuming there is a GPO/setting i can set/change that will make them pull the...
  7. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  8. Time synchronization for remote domain-joined computers

Time synchronization for remote domain-joined computers: We're oddly not finding good guidance for this situation elsewhere, nor even anyone asking questions about it, so I thought I'd ask here. We have company workstations joined to the local domain for the usual centralized control and policy administration purposes....
  9. wrong time on domain joined computer

wrong time on domain joined computer: Hi, We have this one computer in our office where the clock is an hour slow. It is displaying the correct time zone in the date & time settings however the option to change the time is not available. [ATTACH] I get the same screen on the rest of our computers and...
  10. Long Boot Up Time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long Boot Up Time: Help appreciated. Couple days ago, my PC took about 2 minutes or more to boot. Ran malware/Virus scans with no errors. After powering up, I notice that the Blue Windows Logo shows up twice on solid black background, with animated spinning dots (CW), then thereafter that goes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Sorry your PC name cant be changed message