Windows 10: Long Boot Up Time

Discus and support Long Boot Up Time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Help appreciated. Couple days ago, my PC took about 2 minutes or more to boot. Ran malware/Virus scans with no errors. After powering up, I notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wings4kites, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Long Boot Up Time

Help appreciated. Couple days ago, my PC took about 2 minutes or more to boot. Ran malware/Virus scans with no errors.
    After powering up, I notice that the Blue Windows Logo shows up twice on solid black background, with animated spinning dots (CW), then thereafter that goes away and 'Please Wait' shows up. After about 2-2 1/2 minutes the desktop shows up and shortcuts rebuild. Once all seems stable, the hard drive keeps running as though data is being loaded or something is running off the harddrive; however, no processes show as running. Should I just Format the hard drive and start with a new load of Windows 10 (Not the free upgrade but actual purchased copy). Is there any detailed directions to really good tweaking of Windows 10? Possibly an Automated program that will perform analysis and correct strtup issues? Any help is appreciated.

:)

wings4kites, Jun 21, 2016

2. Very long boot-up time

Hi Milton,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Are you talking about clean installing your Windows 10 again? I suggest you to reset your PC if it helps.

Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows. To get started, go to
    Settings > Update & security > Reset this PC >
    Get started and choose an option.

Reset your PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/refresh-is-part-of-reset-in-windows-10

Hope it helps. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

SujataMoktan, Jun 21, 2016
  3. Very long boot-up time

It takes approximately 23 minutes for Windows 10 to boot up. How can I fix this? How can I reinstall Windows 10 without losing all my settings and optimizations? Thanks for any help.

MiltonMessenger, Jun 21, 2016
Thema:

Long Boot Up Time

1. Long Boot Up Time - Similar Threads - Long Boot

2. Why does my pc take so long to boot windows?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my pc take so long to boot windows?: I have recently gotten a new pc and for some reason, every time i go to turn it on it takes a couple minutes for my pc to actually boot up windows. I would press my power button on my pc and the case would light up and start turning on but then the monitors would turn on and...
  3. Why does my pc take so long to boot windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc take so long to boot windows?: I have recently gotten a new pc and for some reason, every time i go to turn it on it takes a couple minutes for my pc to actually boot up windows. I would press my power button on my pc and the case would light up and start turning on but then the monitors would turn on and...
  4. Why does my pc take so long to boot windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have 12 different bsod errors, and I can’t even boot into Windows long enough to try to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 12 different bsod errors, and I can’t even boot into Windows long enough to try to...: List of errors:Irql not less or equalUnexpected kernel mode trapCritical process diedClick watchdog timeoutPage fault in nonpaged areaSecure kernel errorKmode exception not handledHypervisor errorDriver irql not less or equalSystem service exceptionMemory managementException...
  6. I have 12 different bsod errors, and I can’t even boot into Windows long enough to try to...

I have 12 different bsod errors, and I can’t even boot into Windows long enough to try to...: List of errors:Irql not less or equalUnexpected kernel mode trapCritical process diedClick watchdog timeoutPage fault in nonpaged areaSecure kernel errorKmode exception not handledHypervisor errorDriver irql not less or equalSystem service exceptionMemory managementException...
  7. computer takes a long time to boot from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer takes a long time to boot from sleep mode: Hello, I have a windows desktop and have been having an issue with it loading from sleep mode. when I click the mouse/keyboard to start the pc back up, it takes a good 3-5 mins before the screen fires up to the sign in screen. The PC itself wakes up, just doesn't wake up the...
  8. computer takes a long time to boot from sleep mode

computer takes a long time to boot from sleep mode: Hello, I have a windows desktop and have been having an issue with it loading from sleep mode. when I click the mouse/keyboard to start the pc back up, it takes a good 3-5 mins before the screen fires up to the sign in screen. The PC itself wakes up, just doesn't wake up the...
  9. Apps taking long or just not starting at all at boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps taking long or just not starting at all at boot: I have a couple of apps selected to startup at boot, but some of them just take insanely long or just wont startup at all. When i open them normally they startup with normal speed. But at startup theyre really slow. Is there a fix?...
  10. Apps taking long or just not starting at all at boot

Apps taking long or just not starting at all at boot: I have a couple of apps selected to startup at boot, but some of them just take insanely long or just wont startup at all. When i open them normally they startup with normal speed. But at startup theyre really slow. Is there a fix?...