Windows 10: Long establishing connection to the router on Windows 10

Discus and support Long establishing connection to the router on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with establishing a connection with the router. Windows for a long time, after booting computer says that my cable is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by savander, Sep 4, 2017.

1. savander Win User

Long establishing connection to the router on Windows 10

Hello, I have a problem with establishing a connection with the router.
    Windows for a long time, after booting computer says that my cable is not plugged in.
    The time between establishing and booting computer varies.
    Sometimes it takes 1 minute, sometimes it takes 30 minutes or more.

I found that, when I run Windows in Safe Mode with a Network connection, establishing is immediate. I thought it was a problem somewhere in my old installation on Windows 10, but then I formatted completely computer. But the problem is still there.

So I guess, the problem sits somewhere in Windows Services, but I don't know exactly where that's why I'm asking you to help.

:)

savander, Sep 4, 2017

2. windows 10 version 1607 seems to block windows 10 version 1511 from wifi connection

If I connect a windows 10 version 1607 PC to my router via ethernet my windows 10 version 1511 PCs are unable to establish a wifi connection to that router (turn off the former devices / or disconnect the ethernet connection and the later devices can establish
    a wifi connection). Other windows 10 version 1607 PCs don't seem to be blocked, but I'm a little concerned the underlying pathology may impact on other devices as well.

Any advice about this?

Thanks

update: problem appears to be intermittent. Couldn't reproduce it just now.

justWaving, Sep 4, 2017
  3. Disable browser automatically opening while establishing network connection when logging onto Windows 10

Whenever I logon to Windows 10, while still connecting to my router, I find my browser automatically opens and tries to establish a connection. How do I stop this?

JohnClaude, Sep 4, 2017
  4. Long establishing connection to the router on Windows 10

Hi savander. Welcome to the TenForums @savander

Interesting that is would connect so quickly in Safe Mode. I think I would try a clean boot and see if you experience the delay or not.

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

While on the subject of software do you have any software that manages your connection. Things like Intel Proset, HP wireless assistant, Lenovo connection manager, etc?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 4, 2017
  5. savander Win User
    Hi Caledon Ken, thank you for trying. @Caledon Ken

Ok, so I did a clean boot, it doesn't change anything. Also, I'm using PC instead of a laptop, so I don't have any third party software, only pure Realtek Drivers for network connection.

Anyway, I tested now Safe Boot with Network and It doesn't work anymore. I am sure, that it worked before (maybe some Windows updates broke it?)

Maybe it is related to my built-in network card?(spec on my profile). The problem started when my ISP changed connection to the optical fiber, so they gave me new router which can use optical fiber. It's HUAWEI HG8245H.

But to be honest, if my card wouldn't be compatible, then why I have a network connection? It's just very delayed. I don't understand what's going on.

I asked my ISP for a help, they came and tested it. The router works properly, works perfectly with their devices. Wi-Fi connection works well as well. They have no idea why it works like that for me...
    It's really annoying to wait sometimes 5minutes and sometimes even an hour.

savander, Sep 5, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Can you set a static IP to see if it's DHCP giving the problem

Samuria, Sep 5, 2017
  7. savander Win User
    I tried, but as I said in the first post, windows give me information "Cable is not plugged in" but it is.

in ipconfig, says nothing until computer establishes a connection.
    Code: Ethernet adapter Ethernet: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :[/quote]

savander, Sep 5, 2017
  8. Long establishing connection to the router on Windows 10

When you said you tried Static IP were you successful in setting the IP regardless of whether it said cable plugged in or not.

You don't have to be connected to anything to set a static IP.

Next thing I would try is open the device properties in Device Manager and head to the Power Management tab. Uncheck the box that allows the computer to power off adapter to save power.

I would also look at the actual adapter settings. Lots will be set to auto and it could be having problems settling in. Set the speed 1000Mbps, (assuming nic and router support this speed), full duplex for wired.

Caledon Ken, Sep 5, 2017
  9. savander Win User
    Okay, so I did what you said.
    - Unchecked the box that allows the computer to power off adapter to save power
    - Set to use 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex instead of auto mode under "Advanced" tab -> Speed and Duplex.
    - I'm using now Static IP:
    * IP Address: 192.168.100.6
    * Mask: 255.255.255.0
    * Default Gateway: 192.168.100.1 (Router's IP).

Nothing changed, establishing connection still takes years. *Sad (I restarted computer)

Maybe I could change something in UEFI Settings? (Boot)

savander, Sep 5, 2017
  10. Samuria Win User
    Is the router gigabyte or 100meg? Most routers/PC can't handle full duplex it sends and receives at the same time knock full duplex off and if it's still a problem drop back to 100 meg

Samuria, Sep 5, 2017
  11. savander Win User
    Yes, it's gigabyte router

Long establishing connection to the router on Windows 10 [​IMG]

My card network is 1gbps as well

savander, Sep 5, 2017
  12. Okay I would reset those things back to the way they were.
    In the following chart it explains the lights on your port. When yours is working are you get the speed you expected, does light indicate same.

On page 50 it talks to Dr. Lan feature in BIOS, I would shut off

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 6, 2017
  13. savander Win User

Okay, so I checked it.

If the connection is established then:
    Active/link/led displays "ON"
    Speed led shows a green color.

otherwise, they are both off.

Onboard LAN: In bios that option was set to disable if I enable it, then after reboot network card displays lights ( green and on), then when windows loading, network card again turns off
    Dr. LAN: I didn't find that option, where It could be?
    I have: ASROCK UEFI SETUP UTILITY, don't know which version :/

savander, Sep 6, 2017
  14. Your version will be on the Main page of utility.

Dr. Lan should be right under Onboard Lan, at least in the manual I was looking at, which I thought was yours, P67 Pro 3.

Not understanding how Onboard Lan was disabled. Now that you enabled if you go back in is DR. Lan displayed? While you say the lights go off during the boot do they quickly resume and then connect to router.

On the subject of UEFI, have you checked to see if there is a more up to date UEFI for your device.

I'm not recommending updating, I'm asking is there an updated one?

Caledon Ken, Sep 6, 2017
  15. savander Win User
    The version of utility is: P67 Pro 3 P3.20

There is no Dr. Lan option :/

Also, I checked manual, there is not Dr. Lan? Maybe I found wrong documentation.
    http://asrock.nl/downloadsite/Manual/P67 Pro3.pdf

Yes, I was wrong. I found other option which was called "Boot from onboard LAN". I thought it is it. But today I found the right "Onboard Lan" option, under another tab.

I see, that there is 3.30 version on their site.
    ASRock > P67 Pro3

Should I try to update? I never did it.
    I bought that motherboard about 4-5 years ago

And Thank you, for helping me in that subject. I really appreciate that someone helps me.
    You could not, but you are doing it so, thank you!

savander, Sep 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Long establishing connection to the router on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Long establishing connection

2. Xbox App takes a long time to establish video connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App takes a long time to establish video connection: Hi, I'm having an issue with two apps: Xbox Console Companion and Xbox App. The issue is regarding remote play streaming the console to my computer.Xbox Console CompanionWhen I click "Stream", a connection is established and audio starts to play immediately, but there is no...
  3. Xbox App takes a long time to establish video connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App takes a long time to establish video connection: Hi, I'm having an issue with two apps: Xbox Console Companion and Xbox App. The issue is regarding remote play streaming the console to my computer.Xbox Console CompanionWhen I click "Stream", a connection is established and audio starts to play immediately, but there is no...
  4. Notepad.exe established a connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notepad.exe established a connection: notepad.exe established a TCP/443 connection to 20.189.173.10:443 mobile.pipe.aria.microsoft.com, located in San Jose CA, United StatesMay I ask why notepad does this? The IP shown is from Microsoft...
  5. Connection not established

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection not established: Hi,I have a problem with internet connection on my Windows 10 computer. On Ethernet icon right bottom I havemessage "Connection not established no available connections" but Internet working,The computer is on the domain and network settings are entered. The problem is with...
  6. Connection not established

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection not established: Hi,I have a problem with internet connection on my Windows 10 computer. On Ethernet icon right bottom I havemessage "Connection not established no available connections" but Internet working,The computer is on the domain and network settings are entered. The problem is with...
  7. Connection not established

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Connection with network not established

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection with network not established: Hello,I'm using my PC earlier and everything works smoothly. I tried using again today and it cannot connect to internet. I restarted my router, restarted my PC and even reconnect the cable. I have internet since wifi is working. I think the network is not working please...
  9. Connection with network not established

Connection with network not established: Hello,I'm using my PC earlier and everything works smoothly. I tried using again today and it cannot connect to internet. I restarted my router, restarted my PC and even reconnect the cable. I have internet since wifi is working. I think the network is not working please...
  10. Windows 10 takes long to establish wifi connection

Windows 10 takes long to establish wifi connection: I have a Dell XPS with Windows 10. It takes about a minute to establish a connection with my wifi. It's very annoying to have to wait the minute and often retry to connect, every time I reopen my computer. I also have a Macbook running OSX 10.13 that connects to my...