Windows 10: Long scan

Discus and support Long scan in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When downloading items in edge .Somets there is a long scan how do i turn that off. Didn't have that problem before a couple updates ago.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dbiela1, Jul 23, 2018.

1. dbiela1 Win User

Long scan

When downloading items in edge .Somets there is a long scan how do i turn that off. Didn't have that problem before a couple updates ago.

:)

dbiela1, Jul 23, 2018

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jul 23, 2018
  3. how long to scan for artifacts?

I'm testing out a record-breaking clock (for me) on my nvidia 5200. How long is recommended to do scan for artifacts?

stealthfighter, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Long scan

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Long scan

1. Long scan - Similar Threads - Long scan

2. How long does a quick scan take? I think my quick scan is missing or just not scanning files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does a quick scan take? I think my quick scan is missing or just not scanning files.: Hello, so when i do a quick scan it takes around 20 seconds or so. It scans 32000 thousand files roughly. I think my quick scan is missing something due to it scanning a small amount of files and it being done so quickly. I do have a samsung 980 PRO with read speeds of up to...
  3. How long does a quick scan take? I think my quick scan is missing or just not scanning files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long does a quick scan take? I think my quick scan is missing or just not scanning files.: Hello, so when i do a quick scan it takes around 20 seconds or so. It scans 32000 thousand files roughly. I think my quick scan is missing something due to it scanning a small amount of files and it being done so quickly. I do have a samsung 980 PRO with read speeds of up to...
  4. Since March-2023 update of Windows Defender Quick scan takes long time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since March-2023 update of Windows Defender Quick scan takes long time!: Since March-2023 update of Windows Defender Platform: 4.18.2303.8 Engine: 1.1.20200.4 Security intelligence update version: 1.387.740.0 Quick scan takes every third time 25 minutes instead of 5 minutes. Windows Defender is configured on my Windows Server 2019 to make one...
  5. Since March-2023 update of Windows Defender Quick scan takes long time!

Since March-2023 update of Windows Defender Quick scan takes long time!: Since March-2023 update of Windows Defender Platform: 4.18.2303.8 Engine: 1.1.20200.4 Security intelligence update version: 1.387.740.0 Quick scan takes every third time 25 minutes instead of 5 minutes. Windows Defender is configured on my Windows Server 2019 to make one...
  6. Since March-2023 update of Windows Defender Quick scan takes long time!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. micro soft safety scanner takes long hours scanning why ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    micro soft safety scanner takes long hours scanning why ?: HelloI used Microsoft safety scanner , so it was very terrible by scanning for more than 30 hours and not finishing never stopped, so i was obliged to cancel it .Two days scanning not finishing is impossible.So , just want to ask you why this happens?Here is a screenshot...
  8. micro soft safety scanner takes long hours scanning why ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    micro soft safety scanner takes long hours scanning why ?: HelloI used Microsoft safety scanner , so it was very terrible by scanning for more than 30 hours and not finishing never stopped, so i was obliged to cancel it .Two days scanning not finishing is impossible.So , just want to ask you why this happens?Here is a screenshot...
  9. micro soft safety scanner takes long hours scanning why ?

10. Quick scan taking too long > 2 hours

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick scan taking too long > 2 hours: This has been happening since the last month. I don't know what to do. Help plz. I read previous thread no use. I don't use any other AV rather than default window defender.Its already been 2 hours and counting.....Estimated time is only increasing.............