Windows 10: Long shutdown and restart time in Windows 10

Discus and support Long shutdown and restart time in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; That will certainly fix the issue. Thank you. I updated the windows 10 to Build 16299.371 and it shuts off much faster than before however Restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by aby, Apr 4, 2018.

1. ABY
    aby Win User

Long shutdown and restart time in Windows 10

Thank you.
    I updated the windows 10 to Build 16299.371 and it shuts off much faster than before however Restart still takes a lot of time. Pretty much happy with the performance as well. Lets see how Windows 10 April update performs.

2. ABY
    aby Win User

Hi all,

I recently got Dell Inspiron 15-5577 Gaming i5 Model without SSD with Windows 10 single language installed. Current version installed is 1709 Build16299.309. If I restart my computer it takes 4-5 minutes and even the shutdown time is 3-4 minutes. I have already clean installed the OS so that all the bloatware is removed. Haven't installed any Antivirus program. Have already set waittokill to 1000, tried turning Fast startup off and make changes to registry but nothing worked.

Here's the screenshot of event log of Boot performance monitoring and shutdown performance monitoring.

Long shutdown and restart time in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I'm really disappointed with this since my 7 years old desktop with 4 GB RAM and Dual Core processor running Windows 7 boots and shutdown faster than this machine.

Thank you

:)

3. I'm was sent back to Windows 8.1, having to reinstall Windows 10

I did install Windows 10 successfully, but it takes a long big time (Or hours) to update it. So that's why it's takes a long time updating and having to do a hard shutdown or restart.

JoshDunagan, Apr 9, 2018
  4. Long shutdown and restart time in Windows 10

Flashing screen after Windows 10 upgrade

Hard restart means restarting through hardware button rather than doing via windows shutdown/restart option. Long press the power button on PC/laptop for around 5-10 seconds. This will shutdown your pc. Then pressing the power button again will power on
    your pc. Doing this for 3 or more times will enable troubleshoot options.

SandyWin10, Apr 9, 2018
  5. Masterchiefxx17, Apr 10, 2018
  6. ABY
    aby Win User
    Using Windows ISO and yes I did install all drivers from Dell’s website.

Had run Autoruns to disable unwanted scheduled tasks. Did checkdisk as well. Superfetch and Windows search is disabled. Windows update is set to Manual.

7. Could you generate a Speccy link for us to see your system specifications? See the guide above.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 11, 2018
  8. Steve C Win User

Detach USB peripherals including any USB drives to see if that reduces the delay.

Steve C, Apr 11, 2018
  9. ABY
    aby Win User
    No USB device is plugged in.

10. ABY
    aby Win User
  11. The hard drive is slow at 5400RPM and a laptop style drive.

You may also have a lot of open programs that are starting with the PC. If you go to Task Manager and select Startup, what can you disable that you don't use?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 12, 2018
  12. ABY
    aby Win User
    I have already disabled all the apps from Startup. Even I feel this HDD doesn’t do justice with the configuration. Will get Samsung Evo NVMe SSD soon.

13. Long shutdown and restart time in Windows 10

That will certainly fix the issue.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Long shutdown and restart time in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Long shutdown restart

2. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extra long Shutdown and restart time: As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to my PC last week and on the same run, I installed completely new Windows.PC Parts:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600xMotherboard: ROG Strix...
  3. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra long Shutdown and restart time: As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to my PC last week and on the same run, I installed completely new Windows.PC Parts:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600xMotherboard: ROG Strix...
  4. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 takes an exaggerated long time to restart and shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes an exaggerated long time to restart and shutdown: Hello. I have a 6th Generation Intel Core i5 CPU, a GeForce RTX 20 Series GPU and 16 GB RAM on a 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. OS: Windows 10 Pro; Version: 20H2; OS build: 19042.685 And I have the following issues: 1. Windows restart time takes approx....
  6. Windows 10 takes a long time to shutdown

Windows 10 takes a long time to shutdown: Hi. I right click the windows icon and then click shutdown or sign out then click shut down and nothing happens sometimes for 20 to 30 seconds. I can still use the computer in that time and then eventually I get the shut down screen with the rotating dots and the computer...
  7. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on shutdown/restart and it shutting down for very long time...

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on shutdown/restart and it shutting down for very long time...: hi everyone i recently get bsod everytime i try to shut down/restart my windows. It's display DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE i managed to locate and analyze the minidump in C:\Windows\minidump with WinDbg, but i dont understand the results of what cause the bsod or something....
  8. RESTART LAPTOP LONG TIME

RESTART LAPTOP LONG TIME: When I'm restart my laptop minimum 3 minutes then showing windows logo. Kindly help me sir/ma'am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-laptop-long-time/221303e3-b02e-4e2c-baff-63b5ace144f4
  9. Windows 10 takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout.

Windows 10 takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout.: My laptop has windows 10 enterprise 64bit build 1703 and it is on company domain and bitlocker encryption is enabled on SSD. Sometime but not all the time, laptop takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout. Did the sfc scan and found nothing. An interesting thing I...
  10. Very long time to restart!

in Windows 10 Support
    Very long time to restart!: Hi all, I'm having this issue since I upgraded to Win 10: when I click restart, my laptop becomes stuck on the restart screen for ages, even the hard drive doesn't show any signs of activity. Its only after like 15 mins or so the hard drive comes into life and the computer...