Windows 10: long standing issue

Discus and support long standing issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so for the past two months ive had this issue where my windows 10 would pretty much freeze up, and if i tried restarting/Turning off the pc it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by froller2, Dec 3, 2016.

1. froller2 Win User

long standing issue

so for the past two months ive had this issue where my windows 10 would pretty much freeze up, and if i tried restarting/Turning off the pc it would sit in an endless loop saying turning off. ive tried clean installs of windows 10, ive changed my gpu,ram and ssd to entirely new ones. ive at my wits end here and i cant afford to constantly go out and buy new hardware.
    changed 8gb ram to 16gb ram
    changed my 120gb ssd to a 250gb ssd
    and changed my 680 to a 970 then a 1060
    reinstallation of windows has been done either in the settings menu in windows 10 or via a thumbdrive where i got windows.
    all drivers and bios are up to date so is the ssd firmware.

:)

froller2, Dec 3, 2016

2. long standing issue with windows 10

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after
    the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Files in the txt file format are preferred.Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.The system creates
    a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the
    report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do not provide filtered files.
    Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 3, 2016
  3. long standing issue with windows 10

the language is danish just a headsup.

the msiinfo one: MEDLEMbrev.docx

evenviewer one: eventlog.evtx

patrickin the house, Dec 3, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

long standing issue

Open the case and clean out all dust and blow out fans with a can of compressed. Look at the label for the Power Supply Unit and report the make, model# and wattage. If it is 500W or below, it is not powerful enough to run your setup,
    Boot into Setup (Bios) go to PC Health, check the temperatures and voltages there.
    You can also do a Clean Boot. If that works, then add one startup item at a time, rebooting each time till the computer freezes, then you will know the problematic program,

spunk, Dec 3, 2016
  5. froller2 Win User
    its a 650w psu not any dust really, and the temps are safe..
    doubt it has anything to do with my programs as its the standard ones from microsoft.

froller2, Dec 3, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    Try this anyways

spunk, Dec 3, 2016
  7. froller2 Win User
    well it usually triggers when a certain game is run, yet to have the issue with other games running

froller2, Dec 3, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

long standing issue

Your System Specs doesn't mention HOW MUCH RAM you have, could be a problem with that "certain game" running properly. Most times Win10 runs just fine with 8GB RAM but a number of the 'serious' games need more even though a motherboard is listed as for gaming. Could also be how much RAM is available for the video adapter. My use of the quotes on "certain game" is to point out the necessity to mention what the game or program is, others may have better information pertinent to your problem.

Berton, Dec 3, 2016
  9. spunk Win User
    @Berton the OP mentioned in the post

spunk, Dec 3, 2016
  10. Berton Win User
    Missed that, always try to rely on the System Specs being filled in.

Berton, Dec 3, 2016
  11. froller2 Win User
    well i got 16gigs of ram, and the game is named rust

froller2, Dec 3, 2016
  12. froller2 Win User
    tiny update:
    so ive was googling around and found people having the same issue as me duo to rust back from last year
    still not sure if its the same cause of it, but the issue is the very same.
    the devs for that game has never spoken out about it and it seems like no else (atleast of what i can see on the reddit) got the same issue currently.Pc stuck after playing rust : playrust

froller2, Dec 4, 2016
  13. spunk Win User

long standing issue

spunk, Dec 5, 2016
  14. froller2 Win User
    froller2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

long standing issue

1. long standing issue - Similar Threads - long standing issue

2. Long Standing Update Issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long Standing Update Issue.: Since the 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706 I have experienced the following problem.After a reboot, any program utilizing "InkEd.dll" fails to load with "Run-time error -2147467259 80004005: Automation error Unspecified...
  3. Long Standing Update Issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long Standing Update Issue.: Since the 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706 I have experienced the following problem.After a reboot, any program utilizing "InkEd.dll" fails to load with "Run-time error -2147467259 80004005: Automation error Unspecified...
  4. MS 365 long standing inconsistency between office products

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS 365 long standing inconsistency between office products: I've been using Office since the early 1990s - Word for Windows 2.0 as I recall - and have never understood why MS haven't resolved some UI inconsistencies between the various products. I'm currently using MS 365 and they are still there. One that I always set when I install...
  5. Long Standing Peripheral Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Long Standing Peripheral Issue: Hello, I am making this post in an effort to resolve a long standing issue that I have had between 4 different custom built PCs.The issue pertains to the feeling of the mouse itself, the ultimate goal of this post is to directly solve that issue, but this post in particular...
  6. I can’t stand this issue anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t stand this issue anymore: So a few months ago I had an issue with my SSD. After an update it completely blue-screened beyond function so I had to boot windows off my old hard drive to repair it. This happened twice. I installed the new windows update today and it happened again. Is this a hardware...
  7. Long-standing random crashes and BSODs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long-standing random crashes and BSODs: Hello! I have been experiences freezes and crashes of my PC for well over a year now, and I've done almost all in my power to resolve them; all without success. I've looked up countless advice and forum posts, but nothing worked. The exact sequence of the BSOD is as...
  8. Microsoft is fixing Windows 10 File Explorer’s long standing bug

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is fixing Windows 10 File Explorer’s long standing bug: The next Patch Tuesday update for Windows 10 looks set to finally fix Microsoft’s bug-prone File Explorer search experience. Back in 2019, Microsoft shipped Windows 10 November 2019 Update (version 1909) with quality fixes and other improvements, including a smoother and...
  9. Stand By

in Windows 10 Support
    Stand By: At the present my computer goes into standby automatically. How do I change it so it doesn't go into standby so I don't have to enter my password every time? I have tried everything! 2426
  10. Long standing bugs not fixed in build 14393.10

in Windows 10 Support
    Long standing bugs not fixed in build 14393.10: This is amazing. Printers autodetection still doesn't work under new 14393.10 w10 build. *Eek*Shock MS had a whole year to fix it. 58660