Windows 10: Long Term WiFi Issues

Discus and support Long Term WiFi Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I am having a strange issue when trying to establish and stay connected to a WiFi connection for extended periods of time, I am using my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OGK, Jun 8, 2016.

1. OGK
    OGK Win User

Long Term WiFi Issues

Hi all,
    I am having a strange issue when trying to establish and stay connected to a WiFi connection for extended periods of time, I am using my microPC as a host for a couple of tasks so it needs to stay powered on and remotely accessible for extended periods.

However I have noticed an odd issue that I have not been able to find an acceptable solution for. After the PC has been on and connected to the network for upwards of a day (it is a little hard to track down the exact time of disconnect), the network connection will be lost and unable to be restored.

Using the correct PW will attempt to connect for a period before returning "Something has changed since you last connected". I have not been able to find any reference to this response anywhere (although maybe my google-fu is just weak). So any ideas on how to resolve the problem or possible reasons for this issue?

I am 90% certain that it is the PC rather then the router as I am still able to connect to the router with other devices and they operate as expected. The problem can be solved by restarting the computer which I have been doing on a 24hr schedule to try and avoid this issue. But if there was another solution then I would be quite interested to find it.

TLDR: After connected to WiFi network for long period disconnects and presents with "changed since last connected message. Can be fixed by restart, is there another solution?

:)

2. Wifi disconnects frequently Windows 10

I have this same issue on my Toshiba gaming laptop since upgrading. No issues on my MacBook or Mac Mini using the same WiFi (so its not the wifi). Short term solution: downgrade to Windows 8.1. Long term solution: beg Apple to make a reasonable priced
    gaming system....

WilliamWalcottkw, Jun 8, 2016
  3. Serious, long term Location issue

This doesn't appear to be a Location History or ISP issue.

JamesSchaeffer1, Jun 8, 2016
  4. Long Term WiFi Issues

Try another WiFi adapter and see. Mine is stable as a rock:

Long Term WiFi Issues [​IMG]

theveterans, Jun 9, 2016
Thema:

Long Term WiFi Issues

1. Long Term WiFi Issues - Similar Threads - Long Term WiFi

2. Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!: Hello,I have a recently-built PC running Windows 11 - specs are as follows:MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wifi MotherboardAMD Ryzen 5 7600X CPU MSI Coreliquid 240K V2 CPU Cooler64 Gb RAM - 2x "Crucial 32GB memory kit - identical kits installed.Corsair 850HX PSU2x Western Digital Black...
  3. Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!: Hello,I have a recently-built PC running Windows 11 - specs are as follows:MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wifi MotherboardAMD Ryzen 5 7600X CPU MSI Coreliquid 240K V2 CPU Cooler64 Gb RAM - 2x "Crucial 32GB memory kit - identical kits installed.Corsair 850HX PSU2x Western Digital Black...
  4. Long-term Computer Freezing Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long-term Computer Freezing Issue: For years, I have been having an issue where my computer freezes, usually while gaming there has been 1 or 2 times where it froze on my home screen while I was afk. It freezes on the screen that it was on meaning it does not blue screen, and if there was a sound it repeats...
  5. Long term charging issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long term charging issue: Shortly after taking delivery of my Tablet PC, 2-in-1, 5 years ago, it developed a glitch which I have managed to live with fairly well. It is now becoming more of a problem. In order to charge it I have had to restart or shutdown and re-boot. Only then does charging start....
  6. Bluetooth Disables and Disappears - Long Term Solution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Disables and Disappears - Long Term Solution: Bluetooth disappears from the taskbar tray, I open Bluetooth Settings to see that it has disabled itself and there the toggle switch has disappeared. I've been having this issue for years across different machines and versions of Windows. The easiest 'fix' I've found is...
  7. Repeated system file corruption long term issue

Repeated system file corruption long term issue: Hi All, wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue ive had for a good few months now. Back last May, I built my PC and installed windows 10 pro, it only took about 25 minutes of regular usage to encounter my first BSOD, most of which tell me that the system...
  8. WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue)

WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue): I have been having this blue screen of death for a few months now and I was really passive about it because it was happening only once in a while. I never could find the origin of the problem. I will try to be as clear as possible when giving the steps I have tried over the...
  9. Long term BSOD WHEA

Long term BSOD WHEA: Long term problem with crashing, over a year, updated from win 8.1 to 10 in an effort to correct it, to no avail. First crash happened while watching video in in the Chrome browser. Crashes did not happen using the internet explorer browser. Videos in the steam app,...
  10. BSOD on "cold" boot - stable afterwards - Long-term issue

BSOD on "cold" boot - stable afterwards - Long-term issue: Hello everyone, I'm at my wit's end at the moment. Recently had to replace motherboard, RAM and CPU in my computer. Purchased an ASUS Maximus VIII GENE Z170 board, an i5-6600k and initially 16GB of DDR4, now 32. When I boot my computer after having it off overnight, I...