Windows 10: Looking and not finding power button options

Discus and support Looking and not finding power button options in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have some annoying shutdown problems, one of which is the occasional presence of 'GDI+ Window' that blocks shutdown. (another is the Chinese-like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ALANGR, Jul 25, 2016.

1. ALANGR Win User

Looking and not finding power button options

I have some annoying shutdown problems, one of which is the occasional presence of 'GDI+ Window' that blocks shutdown. (another is the Chinese-like text that blocks as well but that is Rapport and in the hands of IBM, as I understand it).

I found out about 'hybrid shutdown' and found how to turn this off if wanted - which might help my shutdown. However when I look at Power Options and open up the 'choose what the buttons do' window and then click on 'change settings that are currently unavailable' I can only see 'sleep' and 'lock' options.

Do I need to set something somewhere to see the missing options?

Any help appreciated; thanks

Alan

:)

ALANGR, Jul 25, 2016
  2. KenKuzma Win User

Power off button gives not options i.e sleep,restart,shutdown

Your answer did not fix my problem. I am using Windows 10. When I press the POWER button I see a BLANK box i.e. no options appear. Please try again

I agree with Ken that this is an annoiying problem that seems to be created during the upgrade , in my case from 7 to 10.If you press the power button on Windows 10 , there is only an empty box.The question is how to get this fixed ?

I guess you did NOT read my symptoms. I DO NOT get the shut down, sleep, restart options. I get a BLANK BOX. Please try again

Ken Kuzma

KenKuzma, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Power off button gives not options i.e sleep,restart,shutdown

I guess this is what you mean :
    Looking and not finding power button options [​IMG]

PietZuijderduijn, Jul 25, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jul 25, 2016
  5. ALANGR Win User
    Hi philc43; thanks fore that information, I was not aware of the fact. However, since I was going to try turning off the hybrid shutdown I guess I will just do nothing on that front.

Unless there are any ideas about getting rid of the GDI+ Window problem.....

ALANGR, Jul 26, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    The GDI+ Window is not anything to worry about. Basically it is W10 aware that you have some apps or processes that are still open or running in Windows and it is closing them down before it turns off your PC. You only need to worry if these processes can't be stopped by Windows and the shutdown won't complete but that is quite rare, sometimes it might take a few seconds before Windows stops all the running processes safely. If you have been getting one of those situations where shutdown does not happen it is usually a case of checking in Task Manager to see if any programs are still running and manually stopping them.

philc43, Jul 26, 2016
  7. ALANGR Win User
    OK, thanks that is good news. I will hope that it shuts down OK after a few seconds (I have never waited for that to happen).

ALANGR, Jul 26, 2016
  8. Phone Man Win User

If you turn off Hibernate it changes what is shown in that Power Option and that is what you are seeing.

This is with hibernate OFF.

This is with hibernate ON

Fast Startup requires Hibernate to be ON so it does not show when Hibernate is OFF.

I use Option One is this tutorial to turn off hibernate.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jul 26, 2016
  9. ALANGR Win User
    Thanks Jim. I had got that message but good to see the screens.

Cheers

ALANGR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Looking and not finding power button options - Similar Threads - Looking finding power

2. Can't find processor power management in power options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find processor power management in power options: How to fix this problem? And can I increase cpu speed with this option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-processor-power-management-in-power/5215cb1e-5c0c-4381-a150-850f1f7473b3
  3. Can't find processor power management in power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find processor power management in power options: How to fix this problem? And can I increase cpu speed with this option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-processor-power-management-in-power/5215cb1e-5c0c-4381-a150-850f1f7473b3
  4. don't have power button option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    don't have power button option: so i just update my laptop and after that everytime i open the lid it always turn on, so i decided to change it and i go to the power option and open power buttons and lid and turns out i don't have the power button action i only have lid open action, what should i do??...
  5. don't have power button option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    don't have power button option: so i just update my laptop and after that everytime i open the lid it always turn on, so i decided to change it and i go to the power option and open power buttons and lid and turns out i don't have the power button action i only have lid open action, what should i do??...
  6. don't have power button option

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.: Hey, I just own a new PC, and i cannot found the button of "Turn off Display"... I've read from here that I can go to here: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power" and edit the "CsEnabled" registry, but there is no "CsEnabled" registry there. What...
  8. Power Button Options aren't available.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Button Options aren't available.: Hi, So I suddenly stopped getting options like restart, shut down and sleep when I click on the power button. It says "There are currently no power options available". Can someone please help me out? I have already updated all the pending hardware/driver updates....
  9. power button options

power button options: Under Power Options>Choose what the power button does>Power button and lid settings>'WHEN I PRESS THE POWER BUTTON DOES NOT WORK' On my Lenovo laptop, How to fix this problem?...
  10. There are currently no Power options availeable on clicking power button

There are currently no Power options availeable on clicking power button: Piease help about my problem. I can,t restart option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-currently-no-power-options-availeable-on/423dd72d-b047-4687-b625-99b615580ceb