Windows 10: Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer

Discus and support Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I might be looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer on Friday. The business that i am purchasing it from said that it has a 1TB HD, AMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer

I might be looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer on Friday. The business that i am purchasing it from said that it has a 1TB HD, AMD Athlon processor, and 8GB RAM. He didnt have the model number right off hand.

Can y'all tell me which model lines up with the provides specs that I mentioned?

Thanks!

P.S. It's for my photography. The guy said it currently has Windows 7, but he can put 10 on it for me. He says he thinks it will benefit me and my needs. I can't afford a brand new one. I was also told that I needed a quad core processor. This one is a dual core.

:)

Jesse Williams, Jul 25, 2017

2. installing problem

I purchased a HP external drive. I can't seem to get it downloaded. it keeps telling me that it can only be installed on a HP product. Yet the tower I have is a HP Slimline Desktop. Please help me with this problem.

Joseph LAbeyta, Jul 25, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Random Reboots

Hp Slimline Desktop 270-a016

Scott_1921, Jul 25, 2017
  4. Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer

If it was me, I'd keep looking or build your own tower. Depending on what software you are running, you'll want plenty of power behind it. I'd consider something with a much better processor, an SSD for the primary drive (you can keep a large spinner for photo storage), and something in a standard form factor, so it can be upgraded in time as needed.

Digital photography is not a cheap hobby. I have a powerful tower that my wife uses, along with a NAS to store her photos locally, plus an online service to store remotely.

DeaconFrost, Jul 25, 2017
  5. Some brand new slim lines start at $289 at tigerdirect.com, that are quad core running 10.

I know it may be for rolltop but, consider looking at Lenovo desktop or laptops for more power.

What software and type of photography.

Still or movies?
    And minimum requirements needed for all.
    Photo editing using what software?
    What type of price can paid or what's your price point?
    Better to buy new running Win10, than former 7 dual core problem because it's a slimline case.

Frozenoem1, Jul 25, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    That slimline computer is likely not upgradeable at all. My mother-in-law has one for her small bookkeeping business. It runs off a laptop external power supply and has only 1 2.5" (notebook size) hard drive bay. It's got only two SATA ports, one for the DVD and one for the only internal drive that will fit inside it. It only has one slot for notebook type (SODIMM) RAM. The computer is basically a low-end laptop in a case big enough for a full size DVD drive.

I would not recommend it for serious photography work.

NavyLCDR, Jul 25, 2017
  7. The guy said he redid it. It's a custom computer.

8. Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer

Custom dual core running win10, and an AMD to boot.

Have him right specifications down and post that to board, with price.

If your software calls for quad core CPU, what's your software?

Just trying to suggest there are bigger or better computers, or even laptops with more power than a slimline, that would fit in a rolltop, and might be usable through hdmi port if you go that route.
    Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer [​IMG]

Or has.rolltop left the picture for closing the desk when not running.

Frozenoem1, Jul 25, 2017
  9. Still. I use Lr (Lightroom). My processor on my computer is an Intel Celeron. The guy says that this one has more power than an Intel Celeron.

10. The desktop computer for the Roll Top isn't mine. It's my mom's. I took the old computer desk to my room and took it over.

11. DeaconFrost, Jul 25, 2017
  12. Well, I haven't made my decision yet on the purchase. The guy may have something else besides this one. I was told by someone else that I needed a quad core. I don't know. All I have to do is look at it. It's no promise I am getting it yet. His reputation around Pell City is very good. Everyone recommends him around here.

13. Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer

You need a quad core or better a dual core according to Adobe won't cut it.

Is there a reason you need it to be a slimline case, and not say an full size tower?

What kind of price can you pay?

Do you need to buy local, vs mail order?

Some mail orders are good deals like egg or tiger with Intel 5's, 8 Gb and would need upgrade to 1tb from 500gb. Usually for $30 extra.

You also need 64-bit OS not 32-bit.

Frozenoem1, Jul 25, 2017
  14. I can't afford brand new is the problem.

15. I can pay $100 to $226. The one I found at Computer Works in Eden (Pell City) where I live is for sale for $226.

Thema:

Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer

1. Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer - Similar Threads - Looking purchasing Slimline

2. Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!: Had a person give me a little hp slimline desktop for free because it keeps crashing at varies times. It will crash within 5 seconds of turning it on, a couple mins, and the longest is about 5 to 10 mins. It just crashes, no error code, no nothing. It has a 256 m.2 that I...
  3. Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!: Had a person give me a little hp slimline desktop for free because it keeps crashing at varies times. It will crash within 5 seconds of turning it on, a couple mins, and the longest is about 5 to 10 mins. It just crashes, no error code, no nothing. It has a 256 m.2 that I...
  4. hp pavilion slimline s7640la pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavilion slimline s7640la pc: 375039-001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-slimline-s7640la-pc/18a8a1fb-9244-4365-8ad3-8264179c86a9
  5. hp pavilion slimline s7640la pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp pavilion slimline s7640la pc: 375039-001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-slimline-s7640la-pc/18a8a1fb-9244-4365-8ad3-8264179c86a9
  6. hp pavilion slimline s7640la pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Desktop computer HP P6

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Desktop computer HP P6: The computer just shows a message No boot disk has been detected. Nothing works at all. I have a recovery disc but it wont play. I have been in the bios and changed the boot setting....
  8. My HP SlimLine 411-a025na does not seem to like Build 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My HP SlimLine 411-a025na does not seem to like Build 1909: Hello Everyone, OK... this is a bit of a weird one, but maybe someone can give me some pointers with this. As with all my questions, I'll start with a bit of background, so you're not lost at the beginning: The computers in our household (those that are running Windows...
  9. Display Problems on HP Pavilion Slimline

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Problems on HP Pavilion Slimline: The HP PC has been plugged in but turned off for about a year. My wife used it to watch youtube cooking videos in the den. She is a great cook by the way. It's a HP Pavilion Slim line s3521p PC. AMD Athlon X2 4096mb 500g HD with a onboard video by Nvidia GeForce 6150se...
  10. looking for my HP webcam on my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    looking for my HP webcam on my computer: I am trying to connect my HP webcam so I can use it but no app is found for webcam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-my-hp-webcam-on-my-computer/0a24da27-bb9c-498a-9254-0243c31627b5