Windows 10: looking for a couple of tweaks for windows 10 free version

Discus and support looking for a couple of tweaks for windows 10 free version in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Either a cmd file or registry tweak to:- 1) enable and disable UAC. In Gpedit.msc it is near the bottom and says use Administrator setting for all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paj692, Mar 5, 2016.

1. paj692 Win User

looking for a couple of tweaks for windows 10 free version

Either a cmd file or registry tweak to:-

1) enable and disable UAC. In Gpedit.msc it is near the bottom and says use Administrator setting for all admin prompts or something and has to be set to disable to turn UAC off and enable
    to turn UAC on. A system restart is always required. I need to do this with one click if possible, because I have
    to turn off UAC every day to run my Dlink Camview security software.

2) I always uncheck the box in screensaver properties to on resume display logon screen. If there is a checkmark there it will require a password if there is no checkmark there it will go straight to the desktop. When I'm around I like to turn this off and when I'm gone I like to turn this on. I have a screensaver properties shortcut, but all the previous tweaks for previous versions of windows neither make a checkmark appear, or make the checkmark disappear. Since I do this so often, I'd like to do it with one click, via a registry tweak if possible, but none of the ones I've tried (for previous operating systems), works, so I'd like to know which Windows 10 registry key reflects a 1 when there is a checkmark in this properies screen, and which registry key shows a 0 when there is no checkmark in this screen so I could toggle it back and forth with one click.

Thanks for reading this *092

:)

paj692, Mar 5, 2016

2. Looking for couple of free apps

Beezgetz wrote:

Hello Windows Mobile,

I am interested in finding free help creator, like chm files. There are some out there to buy, but that would not be my option.

Also, does anybody knows about visula CE?

Kind regards, Beezgetz

Check out the following link and let us know if this what you mean

pocketpcfreewares.com=

Johan van Mierlo, Mar 5, 2016
  3. Beezgetz Win User
    Looking for couple of free apps

Hello Johan, **** yes!!! C# ide Mobile is the thing! I also found it on our doorstep: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2428220SiteID=1 he,he Since I develop some apps, I was thinking of incorporating some kind of help files, as I see
    now, there is no .chm files for mobile (yet), so I'll habe to settle for html.... Thanks ! Kind regards,

Beezgetz, Mar 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

UAC self learns. It is there to protect the OS from bad user habits. There is also the other layer that also protects the OS from bad user habits that is not UAC. Microsoft has gotten to the point with Windows 10, that if UAC is disabled and a software needs that okay, the OS will not even let the software to run until UAC is enabled.

If you are using software from D-Link and it is throwing up a UAC warning. That means that Dlink needs to get with Microsoft and find out why Windows 10 is doing that. As long as it is properly signed and trusted, it should not be throwing up the UAC screen.

Blue Iris is a better program for DVR recording. If all that you are doing is checking on the go, then use something like Livecams Pro on your phone. I use it on my iPhone for the two cameras we have for our house, which are only live view, not recorded.

This issue that you are having, has been a long ongoing argument about D-Link not making their software compatible with Windows. See the D-Link forums about this. Before 2008 that I can tell, that users have been complaining about D-Link not correcting their problem.

bro67, Mar 5, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. looking for a couple of tweaks for windows 10 free version - Similar Threads - looking couple tweaks

2. is there a free version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a free version: is there a free version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-free-version/462dba81-34a6-4a85-a510-697324e41b9b
  3. Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.: Is there a good free antivirus recommendable for Windows 10. Not sure if the Defender which comes with Windows 10 is good enough https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-a-good-free-antivirus-for-windows-10/40ab8912-55cb-403e-99b3-36f905e398c0
  4. Looking for a free binary file viewer for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a free binary file viewer for Windows 10: I tried "Crafty File Viewer" from the Microsoft Store. It does show some nice checksums and the content for a file, but it is quite sketchy and doesn't do much else. I was looking for an old fashioned viewer that shows sixteen or thirty two bytes from a file at a time in a...
  5. I’m looking for a good antivirus for windows 10 (free). In a couple months I’ll be...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m looking for a good antivirus for windows 10 (free). In a couple months I’ll be...: submitted by /u/SaxDogga [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxruzh/im_looking_for_a_good_antivirus_for_windows_10/
  6. i keep looking for the Free window 10 to download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i keep looking for the Free window 10 to download: I keep tring to find Free window 10 to download but keep going around in circles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-looking-for-the-free-window-10-to-download/1fd1e29f-b29c-4fb3-bc6a-44f59ca9cd45
  7. Tweak Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tweak Windows 10: Hi All! I want to tweak my Windows 10 Dsiplay like this https://technastic.com/2-best-macos-like-docks-for-windows-10/ Is what I'm doing breaking the rules of Microsoft?...
  8. Looking for free Windows 10 Update speed limiter

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Looking for free Windows 10 Update speed limiter: Hello. I am looking for a free Windows 10 Update speed limiter. Yes, I know all the tricks to stop updates, set connections as metered, changing gpedit (which does not affect anything btw) etc, etc. I have tried programs such as NetLimiter and NetBalancer which I really...
  9. Tweaking Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Tweaking Windows 10: Not sure if this should go in "Customization" thread, but, here it goes: Hello. I am trying to 'tweak' my copy of Windows 10. One of my projects is to delete unecessary files, freeing up disk space (my primary 1 TB SSD is already almost full). So, this I have planned:...
  10. Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal

in Windows 10 News
    Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal: Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal (link) Windows 10 is famously ‘free’, but Microsoft has been worryingly silent about just how free it really is. Now, only three weeks before release, leaks suggest ‘free’ Windows 10 might not be a good deal at all...