Windows 10: Looking for a Folder renaming utility

Discus and support Looking for a Folder renaming utility in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't need to rename files, just folders. What I have is a large collection of legally traded lossless live music. Many of the files were in shn and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ArnoldLayne, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Looking for a Folder renaming utility

I don't need to rename files, just folders. What I have is a large collection of legally traded lossless live music. Many of the files were in shn and the folders for each concert have (shn) in the folder names. I've since converted all my shn files to flac and now I want to remove the (shn) text from a large number of folders. Most bulk renaming utilities seem to only work on files, and I need to modify a large number of folder names. Looking for recommendations.

:)

ArnoldLayne, Oct 2, 2017

2. microsoft net framework error 0x80070102 after upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1

Had the same on an Acer Iconia W700

What is this MEMS enhancement utility normally good for? By renaming the folder it obviously will not work anymore.

MartinBöhmer, Oct 2, 2017
  3. Folder Problems

Every time I pull up a folder and scroll down to the bottom of the page to rename or look at the folder, it shoots back to the top of the page. I'm having problems trying to rename the folders due to this.

JasonBannerman, Oct 2, 2017
  4. Looking for a Folder renaming utility

Advanced Renamer is a program for renaming multiple files and folders at once.

FreeBooter, Oct 2, 2017
  5. I tried it already. Didn't like it much. Also kept freezing when trying to load the large number of folders I need to rename.

ArnoldLayne, Oct 2, 2017
  6. play2mefish, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Looking for a Folder renaming utility

1. Looking for a Folder renaming utility - Similar Threads - Looking Folder renaming

2. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming a Folder: HelloI transferred a folder to Google Drive as a back up. It seems automatically the original folder was named as MobilMover.exe., and my original folder was made sub-folder! I am not sure what the folder name MobilMover.exe is doing? I tried to rename it but will not allow...
  3. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming a Folder: HelloI transferred a folder to Google Drive as a back up. It seems automatically the original folder was named as MobilMover.exe., and my original folder was made sub-folder! I am not sure what the folder name MobilMover.exe is doing? I tried to rename it but will not allow...
  4. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Rename a User folder

Rename a User folder: Hello there! I need to change my User name. I changed th name in the Registry editor here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.But I cannot rename the particular folder inside the Users folder, I simply don't have such an option after...
  6. File renamer utility?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File renamer utility?: Is there a good file renamer utility that's safe to use anyone could recommend? I used to use Gizmo's list for app suggestions but this particular application has not been reviewed in several years, so I don't know if those apps are safe to use or not. I have many files I...
  7. Renaming folders in Sharepoint

Renaming folders in Sharepoint: Hello, I renamed a folder in Teams, but the folder didn't get renamed in Sharepoint. I wanted to do that manually, but I couldn't. I got a message: To update this folder, go to the channel in Microsoft Teams. Do you have suggestion what to do?...
  8. renaming folders

renaming folders: I cannot rename folders with the usual right click method. When I right click and try to rename, I get 2 messages: 1) "Can't find the specified file." Then when I x out of that message, I get: 2) "The file or folder does not exist." I can rename the folder by going to the...
  9. Rename file folder

Rename file folder: When I am trying to rename a number of files. I can do one and then for the next ones the program says the file is in use and cannot be changed. It is not in use anywhere. In order to rename, I have to close right out of File Explorer and then go back in and rename one file...
  10. Rename folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename folder: Hi It's not possible Rename. When you change the name, all five folders change to the same. Best regards, Peter[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/rename-folder/5ae40fa8-392b-4a94-ace7-fc1d5aa6c2ab