Windows 10: Looking for a new laptop for granddaughter

Discus and support Looking for a new laptop for granddaughter in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Looking for a new laptop for granddaughter Would like some advice on this HP please. Specifications Price £455.00 Processor AMD A6-9220 APU with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dafydd, Sep 24, 2017.

1. dafydd Win User

Looking for a new laptop for granddaughter

Would like some advice on this HP please.

Specifications Price £455.00
    Processor AMD A6-9220 APU with Radeon™ R4 Graphics (2.5 GHz, up to 2.9 GHz, 1 MB cache, 2 cores)
    Screen 15.6" (1366x768 Resolution, Anti-Glare Screen)
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64bit
    RAM 4GB (DDR4) RAM Maybe 8 GB
    Solid State Drive 256GB SSD
    Hard Drive Not Included - 256GB SSD
    Optical Drive DVD RW
    Graphics Integrated (AMD Radeon R4 Graphics)
    Wireless LAN Wireless (802.11ac a/b/g/n Wireless)
    Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.2
    Network Card 10/100/1000 Gigabit Fast Ethernet
    Integrated Webcam Integrated Webcam with Microphone
    USB Ports 2x USB 3.1, 1x USB 2.0
    Speakers Integrated Sound System
    VGA Port 1 External VGA Port
    HDMI Port 1 x HDMI Port
    Warranty HP 12 Month Collect & Return Warranty
    Battery Life 7-8 Hours (up to 7.5 hours with power management)
    Weight 1-2 Kg (This Model 1.86 Kg)
    Product Type Laptop
    Keyboard Type Laptop Keyboard
    Colour Black
    Please note: Battery life depends on usage. We quote maximum battery life as stated by the manufacturer. Some machines may achieve substantially less whilst running demanding applications. Pictures are for illustration only. Please contact us if you wish to confirm the specification before ordering.
    Many thanks David

:)

dafydd, Sep 24, 2017

2. Looking for a New Laptop to buy costing 50,000 or 60,000 (INR) or below.

Hello guys!

I am Pranav and i am hunting for a new laptop costing 50,000 or 60,000 (INR) or below.

It can be of Microsoft or of any other brand but it should have Windows 10 OS, 6th Generation , 8 GB Ram, 15.6 inches, 1 TB Hard Disc, 2 GB Graphic Card, Weight: 2kg or less. Please guys Help me as I want these features in my new Laptop and its price should
    be low

PranavBhatt_402, Sep 24, 2017
  3. Looking for a New Laptop to buy costing 50,000 or 60,000 (INR) or below.

Hi Pranav,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Your query is better answered by Sales and support team, I suggest you to refer to the following link and check if it helps.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/DisplayHelpContactUsPage/

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 24, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Looks like about average laptop, but you haven't given us much info to go on. For all we know your granddaughter might be a 30 year architect and that computer would be totally unacceptable to do architectural design with. If your granddaughter is a 13 year old girl doing facebook and school work, it should be just fine.

It looks like it has two slots for SSDs/HDDs? I would put a 512GB SSD or larger HDD in the second slot and use that one for an installed backup/recovery drive. It's easy to set up the second drive as bootable into a rescue drive like Kyhi's Recovery Tools, and have backup images of the primary drive saved on it for self-contained, onboard complete restore capability.

My preferred brand is ASUS. But I bought a super tough (and heavy) desktop replacement type laptop for my wife that is an HP. That would not be appropriate for a girl in school but would be more for the executive type that is going to use It on a desk 90% of the time.

NavyLCDR, Sep 24, 2017
  5. dafydd Win User
    My granddaughter is 10going on 11. They are using computers in the school.
    Homework etc, It's for her when she comes home from school to grandpa (me).
    Would it be a work horse?. Or look for another.*Confused
    Thanks David.

dafydd, Sep 24, 2017
  6. Hi I have just purchased a HP Laptop from PC world here in uk see my spec.
    It has no DVD reader/writer which cost £400 Plus £20 for dvd reader
    I used to have a Acer but it kept going wrong.
    Also what I like I have an hp printer and now the 2 work together well
    Hope that helps

hTconeM9user, Sep 24, 2017
  7. davidhk Win User
    Quote from NavyLCDR : If your granddaughter is a 13 year old girl doing facebook and school work, it should be just fine.

That's the advice for you to take.

davidhk, Sep 24, 2017
  8. dafydd Win User

Thankyou both I gather from your info that it would be a good little one will have to put office on it but that aint a big issue.
    David.

dafydd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Looking for a new laptop for granddaughter - Similar Threads - Looking laptop granddaughter

2. Looking for new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for new laptop: Hi guys. Haven't been here for a while. If and when the stymulus check shows up, I can finally get a new laptop. If this page shows up properly, there's three laptops I'm looking at... Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and...
  3. When I restart my laptop it looks 'new'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I restart my laptop it looks 'new': Issues: 1. Backgrounds removed home screen, lock screen, etc. 2. Chrome isn't default browser 3. Files that I had in the documents and downloads tabs are gone But my drives are fine 4. I'm logged out of things I should be logged into These are the only issues I've...
  4. Looking for a new Laptop recommendations for DAW and Editing Softwares

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a new Laptop recommendations for DAW and Editing Softwares: Hello here. I’m looking to buy a new laptop as my old one is dead (it was quite old, a Toshiba Satellite L655 I had for more than 10 years). I’m planning using it mainly for FlStudio and Some editing video and photo like Premiere and Photoshop. I’m not at all into gaming....
  5. looking for Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    looking for Laptop: I need a laptop that comes with Ryzen 7 4800 + screen 90-100% srgb SRGB + 17.3 inch? submitted by /u/aziizksa0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgkpev/looking_for_laptop/
  6. New Hp Laptop Someone have a look?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Hp Laptop Someone have a look?: Hello, Brand new HP laptop less than a month old with literally nothing it. Got it from Costco at a good deal. Wife was playing solitaire and boom. Ran it thru WinDBG and got this.... Can a guru have a look? Time to take it back? Thanks BUGCHECK_STR:...
  7. Looking for a laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for a laptop: Been looking at laptops, and I see some cheap laptops have Celeron and Pentium processors, how do the compare in performance to i3 and i5 processors. Would like a 15 inch laptop, preference is hp because the build quality looks good but open to suggestions. 39159
  8. Looking for a new laptop. Some suggestions please...

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a new laptop. Some suggestions please...: For reasons that I simply cannot fathom, my employer has decreed that the entire office is going to laptops. In my situation, a laptop is fine for portable requirements where I have to be somewhere in the building and need access to my computer, or for traveling. For any real...
  9. Looking at new Laptops

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking at new Laptops: I am looking at getting a new Laptop for myself and giving my fiancée (Stephanie) my other Laptop. The Laptop that I am giving her is a Toshiba. The Toshiba is Windows 10 compatible and has been great. It just doesn't have a DVD/RW drive and that's what I need. What...
  10. A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop: When I reviewed Microsoft's Surface 3 tablet earlier this year I simply concluded that Microsoft should make a laptop. I can't believe I'm typing this, but the Surface Book laptop now exists. I got a chance to take a closer look at the Surface Laptop during Microsoft's...