Windows 10: Looking for a program that does this.. Simmlar to flux but.

Discus and support Looking for a program that does this.. Simmlar to flux but. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my galaxy S7 phone has this thing where it dims the screen based on the lighting conditions in the room, I am wondering is there a simmlar thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scyris, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Scyris Win User

Looking for a program that does this.. Simmlar to flux but.

So my galaxy S7 phone has this thing where it dims the screen based on the lighting conditions in the room, I am wondering is there a simmlar thing that does the same for a pc monitor? I know about Flux, however, I dislike how yellow it makes the screen.

:)

Scyris, Jan 22, 2018
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Auto brightness

It took much longer than it should have, but I eventually found the program on my computer. It is called f.lux. Given that it took 30 seconds to find this article on then new Windows feature:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/flux-vs-windows-10...

Take a look at the article and see if you have this feature and if it is turned on.

Rohn007, Jan 22, 2018
  3. Looking for a program

Hi,

We encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your
    issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of
    your feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support
    article
    and YouTube
    video

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press +
    Add new feedback

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and
    subcategory

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin
    monitoring
    (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop
    monitoring
    when you’re done

5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a
    while to appear)

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>)

Arthur Rui, Jan 22, 2018
  4. Geosammy Win User

Have you tried the Windows 10 Night Light display setting?

Geosammy, Jan 22, 2018
  5. CountMike New Member
    To be able to do that automatically, a PC would have to have sensors for light, some laptops/notebooks and most tablets have it. "Adaptive brightness". Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10
    I'm not aware of any add-on sensor for desktops made exclusively for that.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Looking for a program that does this.. Simmlar to flux but. - Similar Threads - Looking program does

2. Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions: I wonder if anyone has suggestions on RAMdisk programs that they like. I'm about to start putting together a new system but before I spend the money for 128GB of RAM I want to test some RAMDisk programs to make sure that they work as I need. If anyone has any suggestions for...
  3. Flux

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flux: Hi, There is an app called Flux that's used to control blue light. Is it safe to use this for a Windows laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flux/89df8f2a-e2e4-439f-84da-a6c4c6574777
  4. Curtain programs look muddy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Curtain programs look muddy: Hi there. So I've come across an issue that I've had for a while, but recently has become more prevalent. Some programs after a while start to look super muddy see in the attached image. currently it's mostly happening to the program called atom, and I have had it with...
  5. i have a program that does not look like the other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have a program that does not look like the other: Is this a virus why is it not capatalized? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-program-that-does-not-look-like-the-other/b64117bf-8f2f-42af-8401-432a11b1f29f"
  6. Program crashing, looking for input

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program crashing, looking for input: Hello! I have a piece of software that is crashing constantly on Windows 10. Other users in my group have seen the same thing. The company claims there's nothing wrong, I'm just trying to see if any of these error messages give any hint as to what could be going on. Thank...
  7. looking for highlighter program

in Windows 10 Support
    looking for highlighter program: I wonder if anyone in the forum could advise me of a highlighter where the highlights are saved so that the next time you go back to a specific site/page, the highlights are still there. I do a tremendous amount of online ordering. I would like to be able to go to my CC...
  8. Why does Photos not look a Windows Program?

Why does Photos not look a Windows Program?: Hello I sometimes use Windows Photos to edit and crop Photos. I would like to know why Windows have changed the whole Interface for Photos in Windows 10. Now the background is black and the Menus are on the top right. I always thought that MS enforced strict rules on...
  9. Looking for a program

Looking for a program: Hello. Is there a program to check if a compilation of files (to burn on cd or dvd) will fill the disk to its maximum, if I make a too large compilation, the burning program will "say" it is too much, then have to start removing files and try again to burn. If I remove too...
  10. Looking For Text Expander Program

Looking For Text Expander Program: Hello All, I recently discovered that the text expander / replacement software I was using in Windows 10 was the cause of a major hardware typing problem and had to be removed. I am looking for a simple program that will allow me to type a shortcut (a mnemonic) that would...