Windows 10: Looking for a tool to create a .pdb file.

Discus and support Looking for a tool to create a .pdb file. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm developing some tools that produce Win32 image files (.exe or .dll), and I want to supply debug information so that a user can use the image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrolle, Oct 29, 2016.

1. mrolle Win User

Looking for a tool to create a .pdb file.

Hi,
    I'm developing some tools that produce Win32 image files (.exe or .dll), and I want to supply debug information so that a user can use the image with a debugger.
    Does anyone know a tool that can write pdb files? Presumably from Microsoft, but possibly from some third party.
    I think I've found enough information on how a PDB is arranged, so that I could generate the various data streams, although it would be nice to have an API that could insert individual symbols, similarly to dbghelp.dll except that it puts symbol info into the PDB instead of extracting it from the PDB.
    But even if I implement all this myself, I'm still faced with the problem of generating the checksum for the image that has to be placed in the PDB. My understanding is that if the PDB's checksum doesn't match the image being debugged, then the debugger won't use the PDB.

Note: if this post should go somewhere else, please feel free to move it. Also, since this is not specific to Windows 10, is there a forum that would be visited by Windows users / developers in general? I don't want to post the same message to the 7 and 8 forums.

Thanks,
    Michael

:)

mrolle, Oct 29, 2016
  2. RPG17A Win User

Looking for a tool bar...

Hi

If your using internet explorer right click settings icon(cogwheel) very top right of page not the lower one near account photo holder.

Looking for a tool to create a .pdb file. [​IMG]

RPG17A, Oct 29, 2016
  3. Looking for a tool bar...

This toolbar available in internet explorer

Raman Singh [Insider], Oct 29, 2016
  4. mrolle Win User

I found something called Microsoft.DiaSymReader.Native, which is a package I can obtain from Microsoft's NuGet.

Anyone have any comments about this package or experience with it?

It purports to be both a reader and a writer, despite its name.

mrolle, Oct 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Looking for a tool to create a .pdb file. - Similar Threads - Looking tool create

2. Microsoft Print to PDF tool create file 0kB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF tool create file 0kB: I use Microsoft Print to PDF but it create file 0kB and can't open. I have tried all the ways on this forum but it still doesn't work. Help./. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-tool-create-file-0kb/c953c3b5-6e80-4f6d-a10a-d44f35701c51
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF tool create file 0kB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print to PDF tool create file 0kB: I use Microsoft Print to PDF but it create file 0kB and can't open. I have tried all the ways on this forum but it still doesn't work. Help./. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-tool-create-file-0kb/c953c3b5-6e80-4f6d-a10a-d44f35701c51
  4. Looking for a partitioning tool with requirements

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for a partitioning tool with requirements: I'm looking for a disk partitioning tool that meets the following requirements Can run on a wroking Windows 10, or form a bootable flash drive Can create or remove ALL partitioning types, including specifying the GUIDs on GPT disks Either the Windows or bootable version can...
  5. Looking for Network Analysis tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for Network Analysis tool: Is there a GUI based network traffic analysis tool like tcpdump for Windows? If no GUI, then I’ll settle for a command line version. I found a product from Microolap however, I want to know what my options are? Thank-You 154589
  6. Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive: Hi there! I hope this is the right sub for my question, no idea where else i could ask this... i have my business gdrive mounted as a network drive in windows (via an app called RaiDrive), and it works. i can upload files to it by simple drag n drop in explorer. now my...
  7. File rename tool that will create new folders and move files

File rename tool that will create new folders and move files: I used to use Breeze Systems Downloader Pro to import my photos. I want to rename photo files based on date and time, and add a sequence number. Also, I want each day's photos to be in a separate folder, based on date. Downloader Pro can do all that, and will move files into...
  8. Looking for a tool

Looking for a tool: I am looking for a tool to download that does the following: Removes all of the data collecting/telemetry found here: [REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY Removes all apps including the Store, Cortana, and Edge Removes OneDrive and SkyDrive including the SkyDrive in...
  9. Looking for a WIFI connectivity tool.

Looking for a WIFI connectivity tool.: Hello, I'm doing some WAP upgrades for a company I work for. They have a pretty robust Cisco lightweight AP system and I'm upgrading the hardware to support wireless AC. I have 60-70 WAPs to go through and I want to go through them quickly. They have multiple subnets...
  10. I'm looking for a network tool

I'm looking for a network tool: It's been a few months that i'm looking for a network tool for Windows that can forward , check ports and see if they are reachable over the internet. I know a good program to measure a the network LAN banwidth, it's called Real Network Monitor, also another very good app...