Windows 10: Looking for a tool

Discus and support Looking for a tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am looking for a tool to download that does the following: Removes all of the data collecting/telemetry found here: [REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SightUp, Aug 26, 2015.

1. SightUp Win User

Looking for a tool

I am looking for a tool to download that does the following:

Removes all of the data collecting/telemetry found here: [REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY
    Removes all apps including the Store, Cortana, and Edge
    Removes OneDrive and SkyDrive including the SkyDrive in the Shell
    Removes QuickAccess
    Removes the default folders located under This PC
    Disables Defender and Firewall
    Makes it so I choose what updates to download and install

Does such a thing exist?

:)

SightUp, Aug 26, 2015
  2. RPG17A Win User

Looking for a tool bar...

Hi

If your using internet explorer right click settings icon(cogwheel) very top right of page not the lower one near account photo holder.

Looking for a tool [​IMG]

RPG17A, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Looking for a tool bar...

This toolbar available in internet explorer

Raman Singh [Insider], Aug 26, 2015
  4. Ninetailz Win User

Looking for a tool

Ninetailz, Aug 26, 2015
  5. SightUp Win User
    I opened it and already I do not like this one. It enables and makes a restore point.

SightUp, Aug 26, 2015
  6. Ninetailz Win User
    Well if something goes wrong. you can always revert it back, that's why its making a restore point.

Ninetailz, Aug 26, 2015
  7. SightUp Win User
    I do fully understand the concept of a restore point. However, assuming the program does what it should do on a clean install, there should be no issues. It would be better if it asked me instead of taking control of my computer to do something.

SightUp, Aug 26, 2015
  8. WhyMe Win User

Looking for a tool

Well, since the program creates a restore point by default, you can then choose to disable this function. That is your prerogative.

I'm sure you can see how this is a sensible and necessary feature for typical end-user. Imho, any program that makes major changes to the functionality of Windows would be negligent not to include system restore activation as the default state upon initial startup. There would be so many more broken os's without it.

Edit: Just realised. The full reasoning is contained within my sig!! *Smile

WhyMe, Aug 26, 2015
  9. why mess with third party system changes at this point in time. patience, the bugs on the new operating system are not completely gone yet.

lopedoggie, Aug 26, 2015
  10. Ninetailz Win User
    Well as long the program fulfills the purpose, isn't this okay. Just some little system restore doesn't hurt anything. Even windows update does it..

Ninetailz, Aug 26, 2015
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    These folks are all right Sightup, But any restore point made you can easily delete just by going to system protection menu choose your C-drive and remove all restore points. Takes about 1 min. But don't turn it off....at least I wouldn't.

OldMike65, Aug 26, 2015
  12. caperjack Win User
    I think Linux would remove all that ,lol

caperjack, Aug 26, 2015
  13. OldMike65 Win User

Looking for a tool

I know you were joking, BUT my Linux live cd which worked fine to fix things on my Win 7 computer, won't recognize my C-drive since upgrading to win 10 !!! Does see my 2nd drive fine. tried d/l newer release, same issue. So I just can't use it anymore.
    No big deal.....I guess.

OldMike65, Aug 26, 2015
  14. I admire your ambition, I'll give you that. Seems like a path to a very broken Windows install to me. If your going to do all that why even bother with Windows 10 in the first place? Why not just run a fully functional Windows 7 or 8.1 instead of a very crippled Windows 10? Or go Mac or Linux? Only half kidding with that last comment. Your stripping everything out that makes Windows 10, Windows 10.

alphanumeric, Aug 26, 2015
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    Ahhh excuse me??? Nothing wrong with MY windows 10 Pro. My install is NOT crippled in anyway. I am not the original poster of this thread. Maybe you got me confused with him. I was just making a comment about Linux. Gezzzzzz *sarc

OldMike65, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Looking for a tool

1. Looking for a tool - Similar Threads - Looking tool

2. Looking for a tool similar to Mission Control or Task View, but which visually filters...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a tool similar to Mission Control or Task View, but which visually filters...: tl;dr: quick app for graphically/visually searching through open app windows as you type— like this— on Windows 10? Hi guys! So there's a feature that is either built-in or otherwise readily available on desktops that I'm used to, and it's the single window management...
  3. Looking for a free Wi-Fi tool that checks upload and download speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Looking for a free Wi-Fi tool that checks upload and download speed: I'm looking for a free Wi-Fi tool that checks your upload speed. And, your download speed. Thanks for reading . . . Jerry * Original title: Wi-Fi tool . . ....
  4. First look at Windows 10's new DiskUsage analysis tool

in Windows 10 News
    First look at Windows 10's new DiskUsage analysis tool: DiskUsage is a new command line tool that Microsoft added to Insider Builds of the company's Windows 10 operating system without much fanfare. The tool, located in System32, provides users with information on files when run, e.g. to analyze hard drive or partition space. The...
  5. Looking for a partitioning tool with requirements

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for a partitioning tool with requirements: I'm looking for a disk partitioning tool that meets the following requirements Can run on a wroking Windows 10, or form a bootable flash drive Can create or remove ALL partitioning types, including specifying the GUIDs on GPT disks Either the Windows or bootable version can...
  6. Looking for a simple, free network tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for a simple, free network tool: Hey guys; I am looking to map my local home network. My Optimum Altice router doesn't give me the info I want. I am looking for a free and simple tool that I can install locally to view the ip addresses and hostnames of each connected device. What do you recommend? Thanks...
  7. Looking for Network Analysis tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for Network Analysis tool: Is there a GUI based network traffic analysis tool like tcpdump for Windows? If no GUI, then I’ll settle for a command line version. I found a product from Microolap however, I want to know what my options are? Thank-You 154589
  8. Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive

Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive: Hi there! I hope this is the right sub for my question, no idea where else i could ask this... i have my business gdrive mounted as a network drive in windows (via an app called RaiDrive), and it works. i can upload files to it by simple drag n drop in explorer. now my...
  9. Weird issue with windows snipping tool. Things I snip randomly come out looking like this...

Weird issue with windows snipping tool. Things I snip randomly come out looking like this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DeadUncle [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ekiysm/weird_issue_with_windows_snipping_tool_things_i/
  10. Windows 10 looking for tool bar

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 looking for tool bar: New to windows 10 today and I am looking for tools so I can get to my Verizon Yahoo web page. Help appreciated. Thank you. 144800