Windows 10: Looking for a way to completely disable virtual desktops

Discus and support Looking for a way to completely disable virtual desktops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Working in a school environment we are trying to find a way via GPO to completely disabel the virtual desktops for our workstations. We have pt in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Charlot, May 10, 2018.

1. Charlot Win User

Looking for a way to completely disable virtual desktops

Working in a school environment we are trying to find a way via GPO to completely disabel the virtual desktops for our workstations. We have pt in place the setting to hide the taskbar icon but the WIN-CTRL-D shortcut is still accessible. The registry hacks to disable the WIN hotkey or specific hotkeys (DisabledHotKeys) does not work. Is there a way?

:)

Charlot, May 10, 2018
Thema:

Looking for a way to completely disable virtual desktops

1. Looking for a way to completely disable virtual desktops - Similar Threads - Looking completely disable

2. Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?: I have 3 virtual desktops and find that my windows randomly move between the desktops. I'm trying to keep windows in a a personal desktop separate from windows in a citrix hosted work desktop, separate from windows in a projects desktop. I find that windows from one desktop...
  3. Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?: I have 3 virtual desktops and find that my windows randomly move between the desktops. I'm trying to keep windows in a a personal desktop separate from windows in a citrix hosted work desktop, separate from windows in a projects desktop. I find that windows from one desktop...
  4. Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Quick way to close all virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick way to close all virtual desktops: Is there a quick way to close all virtual desktops? I have close to 400 and it's very slow and time consuming to close each one. The other posts similar to this didn't work, the Ctrl+windows+F4 didn't close unless I was in the Task View and then you have to open it again each...
  6. Quick way to close all virtual desktops

Quick way to close all virtual desktops: Is there a quick way to close all virtual desktops? I have close to 400 and it's very slow and time consuming to close each one. The other posts similar to this didn't work, the Ctrl+windows+F4 didn't close unless I was in the Task View and then you have to open it again each...
  7. Is there a way to completely disable the numpad on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to completely disable the numpad on my desktop?: I've obviously tried the NUMLOCK key but that only disables the actual numbers. The ENTER key and * / etc. still function. Also the NUMPAD numbers act like arrow keys for moving the cursor. Due to my desktop set up I use a pillow to prop up my arm and it hits the numpad and...
  8. Best way to enhance Virtual Desktop?

Best way to enhance Virtual Desktop?: Hi there guys, I'm starting to organize my desktop because I want to have it as clean and polished as possible. I wanted to use the multiple Desktop function of W10 but, as far as I tried, it is really poor. I can't setup different desktop icons for each desktop, and I can't...
  9. Looking for a way to display clock & weather on desktop

Looking for a way to display clock & weather on desktop: I'm looking for a way to display a simple digital clock and weather on the desktop. Sense Desktop seems to have a decent solution, but even the paid version isn't fully customizable to my liking. Ideally I would like a clock like this and weather like this, but with the...
  10. Is there a way to completely disable Cortana?

Is there a way to completely disable Cortana?: So I just installed Windows 10, everything seems to be running great at the moment except for 1 thing, Cortana is still running in the background (taking up around ~30MBs of RAM), even after following Brink's tutorial (link). Is there a way to disable it completely? 9491