Windows 10: Looking for: Desktop Folder that shows contents on hover/click

Discus and support Looking for: Desktop Folder that shows contents on hover/click in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a program that did this Years. It allowed you to make a folder on the desktop, put anything in the folder you wanted, and instead of opening the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lothar, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Lothar Win User

Looking for: Desktop Folder that shows contents on hover/click

I had a program that did this Years. It allowed you to make a folder on the desktop, put anything in the folder you wanted, and instead of opening the folder, you could mouse over it like a right click context menu and have access to those files/shortcuts within the folder, without actually having to open the folder.

Anyone know what that program could be? Thanks.

:)

Lothar, Jun 30, 2018

2. display contents of folder on hover ?

I used to have an app that let you hover the mouse over a folder and you will see the contents display in a pop up area.. similar to the right click context feature. You could then choose a shortcut from that to open - all without ever opening the folder itself.

I cant for the life of me find that app but i want to use it to help organize my desktop.

Any ideas?

John Phoenix, Jun 30, 2018
  3. Buzzen812 Win User
    Mouse Hover to Show Folder Contents Preview

I am looking to hover over a folder and get a quick read of what is inside while surfing around a poorly organized file system. Is there anything that will let me do this so I don't have to click in and click out of every folder.

Looking for: Desktop Folder that shows contents on hover/click [​IMG]

Buzzen812, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Looking for a Program that Opens a Folder or Subfolders when You Hover

QTTabBar...

Looking for: Desktop Folder that shows contents on hover/click [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Looking for: Desktop Folder that shows contents on hover/click - Similar Threads - Looking Desktop Folder

2. right click on desktop screen shows only if mouse hovering but not like normal

in Windows 10 Customization
    right click on desktop screen shows only if mouse hovering but not like normal: right click on desktop screen shows only if mouse hovering but not like normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-on-desktop-screen-shows-only-if-mouse/1bc7c73d-7ae7-4d67-a4e1-2bec6562331b
  3. Remove "click by hovering".

Remove "click by hovering".: I've recently got a new PC with Windows 10 Home on it. There is this feature where if you leave the cursor hovering over something clickable for a few seconds it will automatically click it. I only use the touchpad not a mouse. I want to turn this feature off but I can't...
  4. How to disable desktop folder highlight on hover

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable desktop folder highlight on hover: The title basically says it all. I would like to know how to disable the highlighting and outlining of folders on desktop while hovering over them. I feel as though this should be a simple fix, however, I'm unable to find a simple solution and search results don't return...
  5. desktop is showing contents of a different folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    desktop is showing contents of a different folder: On my pc,I recently moved my onedrive folder to an external hard drive. The desktop folder, however, stayed in the original ( no longer acting as a onedrive folder as such) onedrive folder on c. I went to properties, and moved it to the onedrive folder, then though that...
  6. Looking for a Program that Opens a Folder or Subfolders when You Hover

Looking for a Program that Opens a Folder or Subfolders when You Hover: To All Program Experts! Is there a program that will open a folder whenever you hover over its icon? Let me explain why I need it. I keep all my documents (thousands of them) in a group of folders on my Windows 10 desktop. It would be awesome if I could just hover over a...
  7. Mouse Hover to Show Folder Contents Preview

Mouse Hover to Show Folder Contents Preview: I am looking to hover over a folder and get a quick read of what is inside while surfing around a poorly organized file system. Is there anything that will let me do this so I don't have to click in and click out of every folder. [img] 108745
  8. Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder: Just did a clean install on a Dell laptop. I have everything turned off in Notifications and still get this popup. Driving me nuts ! Where did they hide the setting ? Thanks 94601
  9. Doc folder contents display on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Doc folder contents display on desktop: The contents of my documents folder permanently display all over my desktop. Ive heard this is a common problem but cannot find a resolution Help 76965
  10. Windows not showing folder contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows not showing folder contents: I recently bought a new PC with W10 installed and all seems to have gone smoothly with transferring files etc from my old PC to the new machine. I ran Duplicate Cleaner before the transfer and again afterwards as it was obvious there were some folders that had not been picked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. over looking desktop

2. display folder by hover mouse over it in windows 10