Windows 10: Looking for free MP3 editor

Discus and support Looking for free MP3 editor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I like to use streamWriter to record web radio shows so I can listen to them while I am working on stuff in my shop. On one of the stations I like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sidecar Bob, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Looking for free MP3 editor

I like to use streamWriter to record web radio shows so I can listen to them while I am working on stuff in my shop. On one of the stations I like to listen to the level is about 6-9dB lower than on the others and I would like to increase the signal level on those recordings to match the others. The only way StreamWriter can increase the level is to "normalize" it, which only adds about 3dB

I wouldn't mind having a decent MP3 editor for cleaning up the odd noisy recording, trimming and stuff like that too.

I spent a bunch of time in the Windows store and on Google but everything I looked at either came with adware or wouldn't work wit Win10.

Anyone have a suggestion?

:)

Sidecar Bob, Sep 6, 2017
  2. nj15 Win User
    nj15, Sep 6, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    Missing Artists

You will have to use an mp3 tag editor to look at the full tag info to see what is going on

garym123, Sep 6, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Looking for free MP3 editor

Audacity is the best one I know of. Use it all the time....

Audacity® | Free, open source, cross-platform audio software for multi-track recording and editing.

Also available as a Portable App (which is what I use).
    https://portableapps.com/apps/music_...acity_portable

Bree, Sep 6, 2017
  5. merkxr Win User
    I have used Audacity in the past and it seems to work nicely.

merkxr, Sep 6, 2017
  6. Try3 Win User
    Bob,

If you are otherwise happy with your current applications and just want to add in volume adjustment then consider MP3Gain.
    • I have used it for several years and I find it very useful.
    • It is quite old and I wouldn't expect to see it updated again.

Denis

Try3, Sep 7, 2017
  7. I looked at Audacity when I was looking for recording software but there were a few things I didn't like about it (like that it recorded from the sound card instead of from the stream). I chose streamWriter instead because it will let me listen to one stream or recording while it is recording several others. I would rather not install it for editing if there is something else that will do the job...

Sidecar Bob, Sep 7, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

I'd look again if I were you. There are a wide range of effects built in, click removal, noise removal, and this should be of particular interest to you if the background noise level in your shop makes listening difficult...
    http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/e....html#built-in

You could try out the Portable Apps version, no install required - just delete it if it doesn't meet your needs.

Bree, Sep 7, 2017
  9. fireberd Win User
    fireberd, Sep 7, 2017
  10. pepanee Win User
    I still use Adobe Audition 3.0, it's been released a long time ago. Adobe offered this app for free on their website when they defined it as "abandonware". I don't know if they still do, but it does all the functions that I need.

pepanee, Sep 7, 2017
  11. I tried looking for Audition 3.0 but every link led back to Adobe's download page where they want you to download the trial of the latest version.

Sidecar Bob, Sep 8, 2017
  12. fireberd Win User
    Goldwave says you can download "a fully functional evaluation version" from the link I provided.

fireberd, Sep 8, 2017
  13. cereberus Win User

Free Video Volume Booster is an easy tool to use and can boost volume by up to 25 dB or more,

I am deaf and I have used this many times. Works on audio files.

Free Video Volume Booster: Increase sound volume of video files

Note: it can increase volume so much it can distort. You will have to experiment but 10 dB is a good starting value.

cereberus, Sep 8, 2017
  14. pepanee Win User
    adobe audition 3.0 - Bing

Click the link from techspot.com's site. They have a download link. Assuming you tried and wanted to use this audio editor, message back on here because there are certain files (filters) that you may need to load FLAC / AAC / etc.. newer audio types. It already reads the general WAV / MP3 / etc files.

pepanee, Sep 8, 2017
  15. Yeah but you have to pay for it eventually.

Sidecar Bob, Sep 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Looking for free MP3 editor - Similar Threads - Looking free MP3

2. Looking for a free photo editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for a free photo editor: Hi,I'm looking for a free photo editor that won't trick me into getting pro. I've tried Gimp, but it doesn't give the optionto convert to JPG files. I have the free photoshop, but it's also limited in its editing features. I need a simple, yet full featured editorthat can...
  3. Looking for a free photo editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a free photo editor: Hi,I'm looking for a free photo editor that won't trick me into getting pro. I've tried Gimp, but it doesn't give the optionto convert to JPG files. I have the free photoshop, but it's also limited in its editing features. I need a simple, yet full featured editorthat can...
  4. Safe free mp3 converter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe free mp3 converter: Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of any free and safe mp3 converter that doesn’t give virus? submitted by /u/Arrow45877 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0h8b3/safe_free_mp3_converter/
  5. Free Video Editor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free Video Editor?: Hi everyone. Just wanted to know of a decent, free, video editor for Windows 10? All I want to do is cuts, fades, and add text. submitted by /u/slinkyrichie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/il6r3t/free_video_editor/
  6. Looking for a lightweight text editor

Looking for a lightweight text editor: I'm looking for a very basic, lightweight text editor that has the following features: 1. dekstop, not cloud based 2. can bold text 3. does automatic backups before the file is saved (Sort of like Word does - even if the file is not saved, it creates a backup of it...
  7. Looking for a Video Editor Choices....

Looking for a Video Editor Choices....: Windows 10 Pro, UHD monitor, i5-3570k with 8gig Ram I'm looking for a basic video editor that I can convert pictures and some old videos in a few formats vob, mp2, avi to make a new movie dvd for the family. It would be nice to have one that I'm able to easily correct basic...
  8. Free Video Editor

Free Video Editor: Just for fun I'm thinking about recording video of gameplay and uploading to YouTube. I have found a good free program for recording called OBS studio, but I would also like a free video editing program. I have windows 10 and it comes with video editor but I'm not sure how...
  9. free document editor

free document editor: Can you please recommend a free basic editor for documents that I can scan and edit, doesn't have to be anything fancy. Thanks
  10. Free MP3 to WAV converter

Free MP3 to WAV converter: I'm looking for a Free program to convert MP3's to WAV that will work on Windows 10. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Mary 21885

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Im looking for an MP3 editor