Windows 10: Looking for free Windows 10 Update speed limiter

Discus and support Looking for free Windows 10 Update speed limiter in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I am looking for a free Windows 10 Update speed limiter. Yes, I know all the tricks to stop updates, set connections as metered, changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by yimello, Feb 21, 2017.

1. yimello Win User

Looking for free Windows 10 Update speed limiter

Hello.

I am looking for a free Windows 10 Update speed limiter. Yes, I know all the tricks to stop updates, set connections as metered, changing gpedit (which does not affect anything btw) etc, etc. I have tried programs such as NetLimiter and NetBalancer which I really liked but they are too much (money and features) for my usage. I ONLY need to limit svchost.exe internet speed usage. Any tips please? This Windows 10 force update thing have been already out for a quite a long time, have not anyone still found a solution to get the updates but limit the traffic to desired speed ? If only I knew how to program I would make my own little program that does the job.
    Looking for free Windows 10 Update speed limiter [​IMG]

PS. Other solution could be finding router with URL-based QoS to limit speed of all Windows Update servers (yes URL because no one can track all IPs they are using). If anyone knows any router with that function let me know please.

Edit: Throw me some links/helps/tutorials how to make such a program please. I am totally zero in programming but if I need something I will try hard for it and possibly learn something new Looking for free Windows 10 Update speed limiter :p

HELP
    Looking for free Windows 10 Update speed limiter [​IMG]

:)

yimello, Feb 21, 2017

2. When Will We See A Windows 10S ISO

I have an 8 inch Windows 10 tablet currently running the Windows 10 Pro - Creators Update. I like the table well enough, but it's speed is limiting it's usefulness - and I would add that the Creators Update made a noticeable increase in speed. I'd like
    to try using Windows 10S on this device, so I'm wondering if an ISO is or will be available. I'll add that I do understand the differences between 10S and 10 Pro and will accept those limitations, at least on this device.

Mr Markham, Feb 21, 2017
  3. Limit download speed when updating

Is there a way to limit the download speed for updates?

The Windows 10 updates today killed my 2Mb/s ADSL connection for anything else Looking for free Windows 10 Update speed limiter :(

Thanks

Nico

Nico van der Dussen, Feb 21, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Try something in your Router or network card / wifi card settings.

I'd imagine though domestic routers probably don't have any meaningful QOS settings -- I remember a long time ago that there was a sort of work around using "Logon groups" to assign QOS - but my memory of that is long gone.

I know everybody has different wants but since windows updates can so easily be controlled as to how and when updates are performed it seems you are spending a lot of time to solve what I'd imagine isn't a very important problem.

If you want to attempt programatially then the first step would be to collect IP addresses of INBOUND requests so you could get data on the Windows update requests -- even domestic routers have decent logging - although most people actually never look at them !!!!!.

If you can handle Linux it's "sort of possible" - Either then run Windows as a VM , use a Linux Gateway for controlling Internet access (then you don't need to run Windows as a VM) or try "porting" to windows --- not for beginners I'd think. If you use a Linux gateway (can be a VM) set the Windows access to the internet via a Proxy server using your gateway.

I think his idea of a "Weekend Project" is probably "a bit optimistic" though !!!!!!

Weekend Project: Configuring QoS for Linux Routers, Gateways | Linux.com | The source for Linux information

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 22, 2017
  5. hawkman Win User
    Hi Yimello,

NOT sure but there are a couple tweeks you coud try
    ABSOLUTELY NO GUARENTEE

wont take long long and easily fixable.

Go to device manager select your wifi driver
    Open the Advanced tab
    Depending on the options

in Throughput Enhancement - set to dissabled
    Wireless mode select b is the slowest then g

Roy

hawkman, Feb 27, 2017
  6. Maybe try a different approach.

1. Disable Windows Updates.
    2. Use Windows Update Mini Tool to check for missing updates.
    3. Download updates using something like Free Download Manager, where you can limit speed.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Looking for free Windows 10 Update speed limiter - Similar Threads - Looking free Update

2. Windows 10 limiting wifi speed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 limiting wifi speed.: I currently have a 300-400 mbps wifi speed via my modem. All other devices in my house including another windows 10 PC consistently get this speed on wifi. My personal PC received this same speed when I initially installed my new modem, but ever since has only been able to...
  3. Windows 10 Limiting speed

Windows 10 Limiting speed: I have tried many many Netsch steps and driver settings for getting my speed up. Its a hardwired connection and I get 400/400 from my ISP. For some reason I feel as if there is something I am missing as my speed limit is 60/60 on my gaming rig....
  4. Windows 10 limiting network speed to 100Mbps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 limiting network speed to 100Mbps: Hi everyone, So, this thing is driving me crazy. -I've got a 300mbps internet. -My network adapter is gigabit capable. -The ISP router to which I'm connected via a perfectly good cable is also gigabite capable. However, apparently randomly, Windows 10 limits my Gigabite...
  5. Windows 10 Limiting Internet Speed

Windows 10 Limiting Internet Speed: Had this issue previously about a couple of months ago and solved it by doing "Network Reset" in the settings menu but now that doesn't work. Here's what I did: I flushed my DNS. I tried disabling and re-enabling my network drivers. I completely reset my network...
  6. Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?

Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?: I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec...
  7. Is Windows 10 Limiting my Internet Speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows 10 Limiting my Internet Speed?: So long story short, whenever I'm connected to my home WiFi using my trusty Windows powered laptop, with a speed in the range of around 10-15 Mbps, my said trusty laptop slices that speed and only uses half of it. Windows 10 never ceases to amaze me with how creative and...
  8. Windows 10 copy speed limits

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 copy speed limits: Hi! My question is about speed limits in windows 10. My configs: CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X MOBO: ASUS X399 ZENITH EXTREME RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ SSD: RAID0 (2 disks) SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 250GB MZ-V7E250BW...
  9. Windows 10 Update - Wifi speed now limited

Windows 10 Update - Wifi speed now limited: Hello there, I have installed "Version 1809 OS Build 17763.316" recently, and have had wifi speed issues ever since on Windows 10. My wife's macbook is fine, and our cellphones are unaffected by the speed decrease. I have ran about 30 speed tests today, and I seem to be...
  10. Windows 10 Limit Wifi Speed

Windows 10 Limit Wifi Speed: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Pro. Recently more than a month already(after installing Windows 10 2018 update ), I notice my wifi speed is really slow. After I did some trial, I notice I get 30mbps on windows startup, then after 5 minutes, my speed gets limited to 6mbps...