Windows 10: Looking for NAS solution for existing USB hard drives

Discus and support Looking for NAS solution for existing USB hard drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have some extra external USB 3.0 drives that I wanted to use as part of a NAS solution, so I am looking for some sort of NAS device with USB 3.0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dadditude, May 29, 2017.

1. Dadditude Win User

Looking for NAS solution for existing USB hard drives

I have some extra external USB 3.0 drives that I wanted to use as part of a NAS solution, so I am looking for some sort of NAS device with USB 3.0 ports where I can plug in my drives. The NAS drive doesn't necessarily need to have any onboard storage capacity, and the less money I have to spend, the better.

Any suggestions?

:)

Dadditude, May 29, 2017
  2. bejoyim Win User

N95 8GB connect to a USB Device

I understand as I was looking out for the same solution for my travel purpose.. The USB hard drive external power source is for the hard disk only, the usb hard drive requires more power (amp) than what is provided by the USB port hence the external power
    solution.

Sadly, there is no software solution on this right now in market.. You would currently need a laptop or desktop for interfacing

bejoyim, May 29, 2017
  3. Windows 10 and usb port plug external disk drive recognition problem

Thanks,

I already solved the problem, it was my mistake, the external hard drive is a NAS and I could not plug in a USB cable connection to the pc, a WD instructions explains that their USB port in the NAS is for plug in another external device and that their NAS
    external disk drive is only for wireless connection. That's what I understood, I hope I am not wrong.

It seems that the connection configuration was made for a external wireless router and I had connected to the wireless modem before and it did not recognize it before trying to plug it directly to the pc by USB cable.

Thank you. Best,

Ed

EdwardTAlvarez, May 29, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I use 2 Ethernet-connected 2TB WDC drives. My Router also has 2 USB ports on it but being a few years old they are USB 2.0. The adapters/enclosures at the bottom of this page would be my choice, available for either 2.5" Notebook drives or 3.5" Desktop drives:
    https://www.cyberguys.com/product-li...categoryid=381

Berton, May 29, 2017
Thema:

1. Looking for NAS solution for existing USB hard drives - Similar Threads - Looking NAS solution

2. Non-existent virtual hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-existent virtual hard drive: Solidigm Synergy software is detecting and assuming a 8gb virtual hard drive as my system drive. This breaks the software as it wont be able to show details for the true physical disks as it was supposed to. I cannot fins any virtual hard drive in the disk manager. What is...
  3. Non-existent virtual hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non-existent virtual hard drive: Solidigm Synergy software is detecting and assuming a 8gb virtual hard drive as my system drive. This breaks the software as it wont be able to show details for the true physical disks as it was supposed to. I cannot fins any virtual hard drive in the disk manager. What is...
  4. Non-existent virtual hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Hard drive

USB Hard drive: I have just started to get this error Device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_ASMT&Prod_2235&Rev_0#093458FA5D9A&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b} requires further installation.The device is under device manager but not showing under Disk Management for file...
  6. Machine Looking for remote drive that does not exist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Machine Looking for remote drive that does not exist: When I first got my new machine I hooked it up to my old machine and drug the user folders across the network. Ever since I did that the new machine will look for the old machine when I try to browse in an Office application and return error 1606. The device does not show up...
  7. NAS Hard Drive Sizes

NAS Hard Drive Sizes: I have a 6 Tb NAS and it has two 3 Tb drives in it. If I wanted too, could I exchange them for larger capacity drives such as 2 10 Tb drives or or the NAS fixed to being able to address 3 Tb drives? 144993
  8. Existing Apps and Games on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Existing Apps and Games on Hard Drive: So I've had a nightmare of a few hours but to cut it down short, I've had to reinstall Windows on my SSD. Before I had to do this, I had installed a few games from the Xbox PC Store (Beta) with my PC Gamepass. Now, I installed these games on my D drive, not my C drive,...
  9. Looking for a HD backup solution to local hard drive via USB & network

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Looking for a HD backup solution to local hard drive via USB & network: I have been using Windows 7 backup tool in Windows 10 Pro. I decided I need something a bit more powerful. I am asking for thoughts on backup solutions for backing up to a local hard drive through a USB connection and a network drive. Using Windows 10 Pro. 5 TB back up drive...
  10. Looking for a HD backup solution to local hard drive via USB & network

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a HD backup solution to local hard drive via USB & network: I have been using Windows 7 backup tool in Windows 10 Pro. I decided I need something a bit more powerful. I am asking for thoughts on backup solutions for backing up to a local hard drive through a USB connection and a network drive. Using Windows 10 Pro. 5 TB back up drive...