Windows 10: Looking for Win 10 workaround help

Discus and support Looking for Win 10 workaround help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All, Computer shop here! Customer brought in a Win 10 gaming box. We have a 20 page book on howto work around issues that block you from fixing a PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TBotNik, Jul 18, 2018.

1. TBotNik Win User

Looking for Win 10 workaround help

All,

Computer shop here! Customer brought in a Win 10 gaming box. We have a 20 page book on howto work around issues that block you from fixing a PC. This box is so infected, external peek into the drive gave "Unsafe Windows drive". Login to the box gives total freeze-up without even a cursor.

Login from flash, we normally can bypass the user at bootup with:

rename c:\windows\system32\osk.exe to osk.old ,
    then copy cmd.exe to osk.exe,
    then reboot and hit the osk icon getting cmd window,
    The issue the net user command to create a new admin user and login from there.
    but all on this machine produce "access not granted" errors. Tried all the other processes in our "Book of Tricks" no success!

I'm aware, I used to own it back in floppy/CD days, of a hack (would be bootable flash now) that basically does the same thing from flash that the osk rename process does, but allows you to boot as admin and create the new admin user directly.

I'm not finding that in searches, so would appreciate links to where I can download it.

Only other option is a new install, but that will destroy all games and user data. Customer bringing this in does not want a fresh install. Cannot backup as I told you the error I'm getting mounting this drive externally.

All help advise appreciated!

Cheers!

TBNK

:)

TBotNik, Jul 18, 2018

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 18, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Looking for Win 10 workaround help :cool:

jmcslob, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Looking for Win 10 workaround help - Similar Threads - Looking workaround help

2. some websites fail in win 11, no issue with win 10...........workaround?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some websites fail in win 11, no issue with win 10...........workaround?: some websites fail in win 11, no issue with win 10...........workaround? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-websites-fail-in-win-11-no-issue-with-win/3761d4f8-0639-4e09-9ea8-25d489346341
  3. some websites fail in win 11, no issue with win 10...........workaround?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some websites fail in win 11, no issue with win 10...........workaround?: some websites fail in win 11, no issue with win 10...........workaround? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-websites-fail-in-win-11-no-issue-with-win/3761d4f8-0639-4e09-9ea8-25d489346341
  4. looking for the win 10 default pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    looking for the win 10 default pictures: The OS is Windows 10 Pro. I am looking to setup the desktop background Slideshow but the default pictures at c:\windows\web\flowers\4k\screenand wallpaperare all empty, NO files period. Other then the pictures are missing Windows is working 100%.Steve...
  5. looking for the win 10 default pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    looking for the win 10 default pictures: The OS is Windows 10 Pro. I am looking to setup the desktop background Slideshow but the default pictures at c:\windows\web\flowers\4k\screenand wallpaperare all empty, NO files period. Other then the pictures are missing Windows is working 100%.Steve...
  6. looking for the win 10 default pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Canon website shows no Win 10 driver for printer ip6700D. Workaround?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon website shows no Win 10 driver for printer ip6700D. Workaround?: I have many years of successful experience using Canon ip6700D inkjet printer. I refill the cartridges myself, saving huge amounts of money. Canon considers the ip6700D to be obsolete. I want to keep using the Canon ip6700D enough that I would pay a reasonable price to get a...
  8. Auto-log off option blocked, looking for a workaround

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-log off option blocked, looking for a workaround: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kisio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxr917/autolog_off_option_blocked_looking_for_a/
  9. looking for the hardware troubleshooter in Win. 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    looking for the hardware troubleshooter in Win. 10?: hi all: Few posts have stated regards to where the hardware troubleshooter is. Microsoft took it out starting from 1809, because it has the lowest usage. One website I found stated that it is not gone, but rather, it is hidden. To use it, please type msdt.exe -id...
  10. Looking to get WIN 10 OS

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking to get WIN 10 OS: As this is my first post, and I believe I interpreted the forum rules correctly, please advise if I posted outside the rules. I have read several articles on WIN 10 HOME vs WIN 10 PRO. I still cannot tell which is better for my needs. I do not need BitLocker device...