Windows 10: Looking to compile list of Wireless Mice that use Optical Scroll Wheel

Discus and support Looking to compile list of Wireless Mice that use Optical Scroll Wheel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm on the hunt for a new mouse. The limiting factor to every mouse I have owned has been the scroll wheel 'wearing out', or more correctly the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mooly, May 18, 2016.

1. Mooly Win User

Looking to compile list of Wireless Mice that use Optical Scroll Wheel

I'm on the hunt for a new mouse. The limiting factor to every mouse I have owned has been the scroll wheel 'wearing out', or more correctly the mechanical position sensing switch suffering wear. After 9 to 12 months use they start to become intermittent and jumpy in operation. I've got the technical knowhow to disassemble these and remove and open the sensor to clean it but the real problem is physical wear of the conductive metal tracks within the sensor.

It came as a complete surprise to discover that there are mice available that use an optical scroll wheel (the scroll wheel has slits in it that an infra red light source shines through and on to a sensor). Nothing to wear out.

The problem is knowing which (reasonably priced) mice have this feature. The old Microsoft MS 5000 is the one that first alerted me to this feature being available.

Do you know of any others ?

:)

Mooly, May 18, 2016
  2. annpalin Win User

disable middle mouse button click - scroll wheel click

How can I disable the middle mouse button click (aka scroll wheel click) in windows 10?

I am asking because my grandmother has problems with her hand and she is often causing her to click the scroll-wheel when browsing the web or using various apps. I tried to explain that she can just do another scroll-wheel-click to get out of the universal-scroll
    (or whatever its called when you click the scroll-wheel when in Internet Explorer) but she frequently forgets.

We have two different mice available. One is a Logitech BT85 optical mouse, and the other is also an optical mouse which came with her new ACER computer. I tried the specific Logitech driver (setpoint or whatever its called) for the Logitech mouse, and
    it only offers various settings to configure the scroll-wheel and scroll-wheel-click, but no option to totally disable the scroll-wheel-click.

I am familiar with editing the windows registry for windows XP, so I was hoping that maybe there was a registry key or something similar in windows 10 that would basically allow me to set the scroll-wheel-click to "do nothing". That way if she clicks the
    scroll wheel it won't try to scroll or zoom or anything.

Matt Shokoff

L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

annpalin, May 18, 2016
  3. Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center - Windows 10

Hi,

are you suggesting that the vertical scrolling feature for the mouse wheel is not present at all on
    Windows 10 - Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center or that it's just not available for wheel optical mice?

Because if it's not present at all that's completely ridiculous. And yet another reason why I won't be purchasing a Windows 10 laptop. There are just too many issues of incompatibility. And this is the icing on the cake.

Thanks.

veritycotton, May 18, 2016
  4. Looking to compile list of Wireless Mice that use Optical Scroll Wheel

I replaced two MS 5000 mouse and keyboard combinations with this mouse.

M705 Marathon Laser Mouse - Logitech

I have been very pleased with both of my M705's

They load and work well in Windows 7 and W-10.

They have a nice feature that I like.
    Press one button and the wheel free spins which makes it handy when wanted.
    The batteries last forever if I turn off the mouse when done.
    I replace my batteries about every 6 mo just for S/G.

Layback Bear, May 18, 2016
  5. Mooly Win User
    Thanks for the recommend Bear. I've just been looking at some UTube vids on the fast scrolling... never seen that before but it looks useful, particularly when wading through large pdfs.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Looking to compile list of Wireless Mice that use Optical Scroll Wheel

1. Looking to compile list of Wireless Mice that use Optical Scroll Wheel - Similar Threads - Looking compile list

2. Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...: Since I have installed the latest upgrade on Win10, the scroll wheel on 3 different wireless "mice" has stopped scrolling. I have done everything that I can think to do.I just installed a wired mouse and it scrolls fine.Any ideas on what's going on?...
  3. Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...: Since I have installed the latest upgrade on Win10, the scroll wheel on 3 different wireless "mice" has stopped scrolling. I have done everything that I can think to do.I just installed a wired mouse and it scrolls fine.Any ideas on what's going on?...
  4. Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using 2 Wireless Mice

Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  6. Using 2 Wireless Mice

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  7. Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scroll Wheel: Hey, guys, I have an issue with scroll wheels. It's virtually our entire company. When myself and they scroll using the scroll wheel, the page that is being scrolled bounces some what. You'll go down, down, bounce up, down, bounce up a bit. Its not a smooth scrolling action....
  8. Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB scroll wheel goes crazy in Windows 10

Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB scroll wheel goes crazy in Windows 10: How can I fix this? It's a Microsoft Mouse in Windows. When I use the scroll wheel more than 2 seconds it goes into some kind of hover mode and jumps all over the place. I tried fiddling with all the settings to no avail....
  9. Wireless mouse scrolling wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wireless mouse scrolling wheel: Just got a new computer. The scrolling wheel works on everything except for the print preview reports that I produce from an sql database program. I cannot see in "Settings", Mouse, Wheel where to add the program reports to allow the scroll to work....
  10. Uncontrolled Scrolling Windows 10 and Logitech Wireless Mouse with Scroll-Wheel

Uncontrolled Scrolling Windows 10 and Logitech Wireless Mouse with Scroll-Wheel: Sometimes applications start to scroll down totally unexpected. I have never had this issue before but all of a sudden this very annoying Windows Feature attacks and scrolls websites all over the place. I hope MICROSOFT is able to deliver some convenient solution / update...