Windows 10: Looking to find a wireless card to utilise new internet speeds

Discus and support Looking to find a wireless card to utilise new internet speeds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am moving into a new apartment in the next few days and Fibre Optic internet is included. I have been using the on-board Ethernet port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by douglasbryan94, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Looking to find a wireless card to utilise new internet speeds

Hi everyone,

I am moving into a new apartment in the next few days and Fibre Optic internet is included. I have been using the on-board Ethernet port on my motherboard as my internet connection, and do not have any wireless capabilities - I also cannot get a Ethernet hookup in the place, unfortunately.

So, I am looking to buy a wireless card and install it - but I am unsure of what make or model to purchase. I was looking online and can only find AC1300 in a card format (from Canada Computers, everything else is a USB dongle).

I was hoping to get something that can handle at least 750 mbps - 1000 mbps would be nice, but one can only dream *Biggrin.

I rusty on my wireless networking, so I am at a loss when it comes to this stuff *Biggrin (being a software developer I really should know it)

Here are my specs:

Computer type:
    PC/Desktop

System Manufacturer/Model Number:
    Custom Build

Windows 10 Pro

CPU:
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3258 @ 3.20GHz (2 Cores)

Motherboard:
    ASRock - H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory:
    16 GB

:)

douglasbryan94, Aug 3, 2018

2. Slow Internet speeds of a newly installed Intel 8265 wireless card (on my XPS 15 9560)

Hi Miko,

Based on the information you have provided and the steps you have already taken, it seems that the issue is with the wireless card. It's possible that the card may be defective or has some defects since other devices were receiving constant internet speed.
    We suggest that you try connecting to a different internet connection (cafe's, other internet connection, etc.) and see if it has the same issue. If yes, we suggest that you get in touch with the manufacturer or the shop that you have purchased the wireless
    card.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Fizban Win User
    Faulty Wireless Card?

Hmm, looked into the Amped Wireless router remixedcat suggested. It does seem quite nice, but also quite pricy (~$130).

Probably a bit overkill for my needs, home is only ~1,300 square feet, and internet speed is only 15 mbps, so don't really need anything that fancy (whereas if I had 100 mbps internet I might need a fancier router to get the full speed).

Any suggestions for more cost-friendly options, or anything more modern that has n likely to be a decent choice?

Fizban, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Looking to find a wireless card to utilise new internet speeds

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Looking to find a wireless card to utilise new internet speeds

1. Looking to find a wireless card to utilise new internet speeds - Similar Threads - Looking find wireless

2. Internet speed affected by sound card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed affected by sound card: Hi, I want to ask for help with a very strange problem in windows 11. The problem is caused by the sound card, for example: even when I watch a video and the sound is played, the internet speed drops and I don't know why. If I play the same video but with the sound OFF, the...
  3. Internet speed affected by sound card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speed affected by sound card: Hi, I want to ask for help with a very strange problem in windows 11. The problem is caused by the sound card, for example: even when I watch a video and the sound is played, the internet speed drops and I don't know why. If I play the same video but with the sound OFF, the...
  4. Wireless internet speed stuck at 5.5mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless internet speed stuck at 5.5mbps: Hello, My driver is Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n. The internet speed goes down to 5.5mbps and it just gets stuck, to fix this issue I have to disable it and enable it go fix it. It is annoying at most of the time, like when I am in a meeting. I would miss most of the...
  5. Slow internet speed on a new PC

Slow internet speed on a new PC: Hi! Im having a problem with the internet connection on my Windows 10 brand new PC. The speed should be 150mbps and on speedtest it shows that exact speed on all my devices exepct for the new PC. I tried plugging it with the ethernet cabel, turning off wifi and it still...
  6. Windows File transfer Speeds (10% network utilisation)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows File transfer Speeds (10% network utilisation): I have a Windows 10 and Window 7 machine, both connected to the same home network. Windows 10 connect Wireless at over 450mbps, and the Windows 7 machine wired at 1gbps. When I file transfer, I max out at about 15mB/s and about 10% of the network utilisation. How to I...
  7. Troubleshooting slow CPU speed and utilisation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubleshooting slow CPU speed and utilisation: I have been struggling with this problem on my laptop for several months now and it has been getting worse and worse - I haven't found anywhere online with the same exact issue so I am asking for help here! The laptop is a Lenovo U41-70 with an i5-2200U CPU @2.20GHz. The...
  8. Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks

Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks: Hi! I own a MS Surface Pro 3. It has a built in Marvell Wireless network card. Suddenly it stopped being able to find available networks. I tried connecting a Wireless USB-adapter, and it finds all the networks here. So how can I fix the built-in network card? I have...
  9. Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers: As of 2 days ago, Windows 10 has stopped loading Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome on my Lenovo Ideapad S145. The browser itself loads, but if any websites or search pages are entered such as Google or Bing, the software will do nothing and display a loading image indefinitely...
  10. Wireless internet extremely slow speeds

Wireless internet extremely slow speeds: Been trying to diagnose extremely slow wireless internet speeds. Windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.316. Wireless adapter is a Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Adapter. Using linetest.nz shows an average download speed of approx. 1-1.5mbps, sometimes as high as 5, or as low...