Windows 10: looking up fot tools menu

Discus and support looking up fot tools menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded the JRE Windows Installation. I am then instructed to go to the Tools menu to enable the JVM. By doing so I have to : (1) go to the tools... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ed C.Olifernes, Jul 9, 2018.

1. looking up fot tools menu

I downloaded the JRE Windows Installation. I am then instructed to go to the Tools menu to enable the JVM. By doing so I have to : (1) go to the tools menu; (2) click on Internet options; (3) go to Advanced tab; (4) uncheck Microsoft VM and check Java (sun). Unfortunately I can not find the tools menu. My installed windows version is Windows 10.

Please help. Thanks a lot.

:)

Ed C.Olifernes, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jul 9, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

looking up fot tools menu

What a PROPER start menu should look like

Hi there

Was just suggesting that the logical place for a search function is surely at the TOP of a list - as W10 is still in "Design phase" I can't see anything wrong in making suggestions that could be popular. The fact that I was showing a Linux start menu was irrelevant -- just giving an example where the search is at the logical place at the TOP of a list.

Surely when an OS is still in some sort of design stage this is the time to suggest what I would imagine to be a sensible logical improvement.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

looking up fot tools menu

1. looking up fot tools menu - Similar Threads - looking fot tools

2. Combien de poud y fot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combien de poud y fot?: Combien de poud y fot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combien-de-poud-y-fot/1d34ca93-2599-4eb0-b0c7-196a4aef4534
  3. Combien de poud y fot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Combien de poud y fot?: Combien de poud y fot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combien-de-poud-y-fot/1d34ca93-2599-4eb0-b0c7-196a4aef4534
  4. Looking for a partitioning tool with requirements

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for a partitioning tool with requirements: I'm looking for a disk partitioning tool that meets the following requirements Can run on a wroking Windows 10, or form a bootable flash drive Can create or remove ALL partitioning types, including specifying the GUIDs on GPT disks Either the Windows or bootable version can...
  5. Looking for Network Analysis tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for Network Analysis tool: Is there a GUI based network traffic analysis tool like tcpdump for Windows? If no GUI, then I’ll settle for a command line version. I found a product from Microolap however, I want to know what my options are? Thank-You 154589
  6. Looking for settings menu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for settings menu: Looking for settings menu to change administer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-settings-menu/fbfe89b4-cbe1-43ba-ab31-8c823a35d970"
  7. Tools Menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tools Menu: This should be easy but I cannot locate the "tools" menu. I need to use it but I do not have explicit instructions to find it! I am new to Windows 10 and would appreciate directions. Thanks....
  8. Looking for a tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a tool: I am looking for a tool to download that does the following: Removes all of the data collecting/telemetry found here: [REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY Removes all apps including the Store, Cortana, and Edge Removes OneDrive and SkyDrive including the SkyDrive in...
  9. Looking for a WIFI connectivity tool.

Looking for a WIFI connectivity tool.: Hello, I'm doing some WAP upgrades for a company I work for. They have a pretty robust Cisco lightweight AP system and I'm upgrading the hardware to support wireless AC. I have 60-70 WAPs to go through and I want to go through them quickly. They have multiple subnets...
  10. I'm looking for a network tool

I'm looking for a network tool: It's been a few months that i'm looking for a network tool for Windows that can forward , check ports and see if they are reachable over the internet. I know a good program to measure a the network LAN banwidth, it's called Real Network Monitor, also another very good app...