Windows 10: Looks like the speaker system has been broken again with 5.1 surround sound

Discus and support Looks like the speaker system has been broken again with 5.1 surround sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before the recent build, all of the speakers worked from a 5.1 surround sound system. Now, only the front left and right speaker works. Have checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wvlucas, Aug 20, 2018.

1. wvlucas Win User

Looks like the speaker system has been broken again with 5.1 surround sound

Before the recent build, all of the speakers worked from a 5.1 surround sound system. Now, only the front left and right speaker works. Have checked the settings and the 5.1 option is selected, but when running the test, it fails with only the front two speakers work, left and the right. The center, sub and both back speakers no longer work.

Any suggestions?

:)

wvlucas, Aug 20, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Looks like the speaker system has been broken again with 5.1 surround sound :p

cadaveca, Aug 20, 2018
  3. no sound from logitech 5.1 surround sound speakers

i have logitech x-530 5.1 surround sound speakers,i was using win 7 and it worked fine,i upgraded to win 10 and now the sound system isnt even recognized,its not found in SYSTEM,SOUND,AUDIO,or in places like control panel,or playback devices,,,2 generic
    speakers are found but not the surround sound system,so i got rid of win 10 and went back to win 7 and all works fine,BTW,,went to Logitech found nothing helpful

BobBecker1951, Aug 20, 2018
  4. AlexRD Win User

Looking for recommendations for a surround sound system

Hey,

I'm looking to buy a good surround sound system (5.1 or 7.1, doesn't really make a difference to me).

Any recommendations on what i should look for?
    Also, will my surround work properly if i connect it to my TV then connect that TV to my computer via HDMI?

AlexRD, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Looks like the speaker system has been broken again with 5.1 surround sound - Similar Threads - Looks speaker system

2. No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from surround speakers in Windows 11: I am not getting sound from the surround speakers of my Cambridge Soundworks DTT2200 5.1 system.I am using the Realtek onboard audio of my B450 Aorus Elite motherboard, and have used the Realtek Audio Console app to configure 5.1 sound. I'm running Windows 11 23H2, OS Build...
  3. My Desktop has been broken once again!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Desktop has been broken once again!!: by Windows Update While Microsoft is pushing their new operating system. Where Is The repair From Microsoft??? How Is It that they keep getting away with this??? I CAN'T Get To Videos And Pictures I Need To Defend MYSELF!!! I'VE SPENT HOURS AND The So-Called Fixes DON'T...
  4. My Desktop has been broken once again!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Desktop has been broken once again!!: by Windows Update While Microsoft is pushing their new operating system. Where Is The repair From Microsoft??? How Is It that they keep getting away with this??? I CAN'T Get To Videos And Pictures I Need To Defend MYSELF!!! I'VE SPENT HOURS AND The So-Called Fixes DON'T...
  5. My Desktop has been broken once again!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Surround sound works but speaker fill does not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surround sound works but speaker fill does not: So I know some things like youtube only put out in stereo and I supplemented that with speaker fill over the years, however, I am noticing that no longer is working and it is really bothering me. I have the default windows driver and speaker fill enabled. 5.1 is configured...
  7. Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers System: Hi. I bought a Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers System. But 5.1 sound doesn't work for me. Only the front left and right speakers work. All the latest Windows updates are installed, the drivers are updated. How to fix it?...
  8. Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker

Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker: I have a wired speakers and a Bluetooth speaker I would like to use for surround sound. I can get the sound to come through both using stereo mix but would like to use it with windows sonic or dolby atmos as a surround speaker. Is there a feature in windows or a third party...
  9. Windows 10 Broken Surround Sound

Windows 10 Broken Surround Sound: I've seen too many people asking this question. Why is surround sound so broken in windows 10? It apparantly happened earlier then 10 aswell. Im no longer able to switch my default format in sound options to anything higher then 2 channel. When i had windows XP, i could...
  10. Looking for recommendations for a surround sound system

Looking for recommendations for a surround sound system: Hey, I'm looking to buy a good surround sound system (5.1 or 7.1, doesn't really make a difference to me). Any recommendations on what i should look for? Also, will my surround work properly if i connect it to my TV then connect that TV to my computer via HDMI? 41900