Windows 10: Lookup Definitions for Words in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Discus and support Lookup Definitions for Words in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Lookup Definitions for Words in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Lookup Definitions for Words in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by RECONBunny, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Lookup Definitions for Words in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to: Lookup Definitions for Words in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to Lookup Definitions for Words in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Starting with Reading View, Books, and PDFs. You can then choose to have a word read aloud to you to hear the correct pronunciation or expand more details from the definition.

See also: Windows 10 Tip: Look up definitions for words in web pages, books and PDFs | Windows Experience Blog

This tutorial will show you how to lookup definitions for words in Reading View, Books, and PDFs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Lookup Definitions for Words in Microsoft Edge

Lookup Definitions for Words in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. While you have Microsoft Edge open and in Reading View, reading Books, or reading PDFs, highlight the word you want to lookup its definition. (see screenshot below)

2. You will not see the definition appear above your selection.

3. If you like, you can click/tap on the speaker icon to have the selected word read aloud to you to hear the correct pronunciation. (see screenshot below)

4. If you like, you can click/tap on the more link to expand more details from the definition of the selected word. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

RECONBunny, Jul 31, 2015
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Lookup Definitions for Words in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Marivel Man, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 27, 2019
  6. "dial tcp: lookup <website name>: getaddrinfow: No such host is known" problem

When trying to open any website in the browser(edge, chrome as well as Firefox), I am getting the error "dial tcp: lookup <website name>: getaddrinfow: No such host is known" . I am using windows 10
    and windows firewall is also enabled. Please suggest on the steps to resolve it

Neeraj Tak, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Lookup Definitions for Words in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

1. Lookup Definitions for Words in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lookup Definitions Words

2. Windows Routing Table - is the lookup recursive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Routing Table - is the lookup recursive?: Windows 10, the routing table contains the following lines: Dest Mask NextHop Interface Metric Policy/Proto/Type 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.128.128.128 6 30 0/3/4 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 169.254.254.1 21 0 0/3/4Is the routing lookup recursive? Given, for example, IP 100.1.2.3, it should...
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Microsoft edge: Windows 10 Microsoft edge pops up a window saying the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-microsoft-edge/674ecde5-7e6e-420d-92d7-794d0e072dab
  4. Windows 10 error code lookup

Windows 10 error code lookup: Is there an easy way to lookup error codes for windows 10? All I can seem to find these days is general filter fields that show lots of stuff that does not go with the app or error I'm looking for....
  5. windows 10 and microsoft word

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 and microsoft word: do I need to have Microsoft word on my laptop for windows 10 to work properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-microsoft-word/23d092c3-833b-48ad-9fd1-3321c187b10b
  6. windows 10 microsoft edge ****

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 microsoft edge ****: ok i know im not the best on the computer but please someone help me figure this out before i take the f ing computer outside and blast holes through it. i mean i get on this damn thing one day and its all there my information then the next day its ALL GONE hell one day it...
  7. Microsoft 10 and Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 10 and Word: I just installed Microsoft 10 on my computer, and now Word won't open. It flashes on briefly and then disappears. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-10-and-word/84e3f03d-f069-491b-812e-687f47d3fa1f
  8. microsoft word on windows 10?

microsoft word on windows 10?: i have windws 10 and had installed Microsoft word a while back now i am having promplems using it ,ican this be fixed or do i have to upgrade ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-on-windows-10/eb3b15f0-8b63-4cde-a219-cc804bde1966
  9. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge: Hi I am happy with Windows 10. Migrated from Windows 7 a while back. I am very unhappy with Microsoft EDGE at all and I do not want to use another browser. Here is my problems 1. EDGE is constantly scrambling my favorites 2. EDGE does not keep my Folders in Favorites....
  10. Turn On or Off Show Definitions Inline in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Definitions Inline in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Definitions Inline in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Definitions Inline in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...