Windows 10: Loopback/localhost acces in apps

Discus and support Loopback/localhost acces in apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is aimed at Win 8, but should be the same for 10 As some of us have found out, modern apps such as Edge are not allowed to send network traffic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by paulsalter, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Loopback/localhost acces in apps

This is aimed at Win 8, but should be the same for 10

As some of us have found out, modern apps such as Edge are not allowed to send network traffic to the local host, so things like media servers and routers do not work

I have just been trying out some media server store apps (to play media) which have the same issue and while reading up on it came across this

CodePlex Archive

it shows all your apps and allows you to select which ones have access to localhost by using a tickbox

I have tried it on 8 and it works fine, but dont's have a working 10 to test on

Thought it might be an interest to those who face these type of issues (even if to just read more about it)

:)

paulsalter, Jul 6, 2015
  2. tanstry Win User

Lost localhost access after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

I used to run web apps on localhost (on a dedicated port) and it works well on Windows 8.1.

After the upgrade to Windows 10, I cannot access to the apps via any kind of browsers, I always get a timeout error...

localhost access (direct or on a port) seems blocked.

I found some known causes on forums but nothing changes:

• disabled IIS
    • tried to find World Wide Web Publishing Service: not running on my PC
    • allowed Localhost Loopback in Edge

Does anyone meet the same issue?

Thanks

tanstry, Jul 6, 2015
  3. n73me Win User
    Nokia Software update 1.4.0 error

Same here I'm having problem using the NSU v1.4.0en on Vi*ta U. When I use TCPView I can see it tries to connect to localhost:62716 It seems having a loopback, to itself.

Hope anyone can guide us on resolving this.

Thanks in advance.
    Message Edited by on 13-Oct-200706:09 AM

n73me, Jul 6, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Loopback/localhost acces in apps

5. paulsalter, Jul 10, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    That's good to know. I'm starting to like Edge more and more. Thanks for sharing

7. That was one of the main things stopping me using edge, I don't have too many complaints about it now

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Loopback/localhost acces in apps

1. Loopback/localhost acces in apps - Similar Threads - Loopback localhost acces

2. localhost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    localhost: In my internet statistics appear several localhost conections that i can not explain. How can i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/adfacb60-c768-448b-b482-217ff884723a
  3. localhost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    localhost: In my internet statistics appear several localhost conections that i can not explain. How can i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/adfacb60-c768-448b-b482-217ff884723a
  4. Audio Engine loopback pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Engine loopback pin: Hi, Good day, We are developing Loopback feature of audio engine node for UAC driver. We have established audio engine node and Loopback pin and the establishment method is the referring from Sysvad sample code. The problem we currently encounter is that 1. We don't know how...
  5. Sound loopback issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound loopback issues: Hi everyone! TL;DR: output sound goes to input signal. Nothing on the internet works as always and I have an audio interface which people with this issue usually do not have AND they find their solution in their integrated sound card settings. I've been experiencing this...
  6. Npcap Loopback Adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Npcap Loopback Adapter: I see this ethernet adapter with ipconfig command, but it isn't in network adapters. I think it blocks my remote desktop connection, so I want to delete it. How can I do that? submitted by /u/cagini [link] [comments]...
  7. localhost

in Windows 10 Customization
    localhost: Hello I am using xampp to set up my own web server. My problem is I think, not being able to access port 80, which I think is related to iisrid. Anyway if any one knows what is happening here and has any suggestions would be appreciated[ATTACH]...
  8. localhost missing

in Windows 10 Support
    localhost missing: For many years I have used a program called get_iplayer which downloads BBC TV programmes. When the programme has been selected get_iplayer starts with: "Listening on 127.0.0.1:1935" Now it has just started issuing the following message: http://localhost:1935 Application...
  9. localhost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    localhost: I am still not able to configure localhost in windows 10. I am web developer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/ab2ec8c7-6da0-4753-b640-691c4254c5ac
  10. Can't acces localhost:7402

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't acces localhost:7402: All of a sudden I can't connect to http://localhost:7402/. That's the address needed to access my Highpoint RAID interface, which allows me to safely disconnect my backup external HDD enclosure drives. Without access to this, the only safe way to remove the drives is to turn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter file sharing